Karen Valencia Plankton (nee Computer; born June 15, 1972) is Sheldon J. Plankton's wife. A Mark II UNIVAC, she is the main computer system of Plankton's lab, and is often the source of his plots. She is voiced by Tom Kenny's wife, Jill Talley.When they got married, Karen Plankton was 20. They got married on November 9, 1992. Karen usually manifests on the large-screen computer in Plankton's lab, but sometimes acts through a portable wheeled computer. She was first shown in the episode "Plankton!", although in her first appearance she was simply Plankton's talking computer and would not be established as his wife until later on.
Karen and Plankton's relationship is a very troubled one. Plankton sometimes does not consider her his true soulmate, and in one episode explains to her that W.I.F.E. stands for "Wired Integrated Female Electroencephalograph". The two frequently argue, and Karen is often very bossy and rude to her husband, having a Nag-chip installed in her. She also thinks Plankton's first name is funny, as shown in "Plankton's Army". Karen is often indifferent to her husband's plots to defeat Mr. Krabs and often shows very half-hearted dedication to his plans for domination over others. Despite their differences, Plankton has said that marrying Karen was the greatest thing that ever happened to him, the second being his Evil Plan Z succeeding. Unlike Plankton, however, Karen shows some degree of dedication for her husband. This is evident whenever she appears, often showing it in the form of assistance in Plankton's schemes, consoling him whenever he's down, and even crying upon Plankton when he told her what W.I.F.E. stands for. It is most likely that Plankton either ignores, or cannot register the acts of kindness that Karen often performs for him, resulting in their various feuds.
Karen is, in some ways, smarter than her husband. A running gag in the series is that while Plankton is contemplating his plans in his lab, Karen will suggest a route of action to him, and he will either not heed her plans or take credit for them.
Karen is a Marc 2 Surplus UNIVAC with 256 gigabytes of RAM, and it has been mentioned that she was a security system before marrying Plankton. In "Goo Goo Gas", when Plankton sprays her with the gas, Karen is turned into a calculator. In "All That Glitters", a monitor that looks exactly like Karen in her portable form is seen in the hospital, and in one episode he mistakes it for Karen.
In the episode "Single Cell Aniversary" it appears she has an "Emergency Mother-in-law Program," or E.M.I.L.P. for short. She also says that Plankton will someday find the secret formula to the Krabby Patty.
- In one episode, Karen is mistaken for a pulse monitor by Plankton.
- Karen is from Chicago, according to the fact that her portrayer, Jill Talley, is from Chicago, and says that that's how she does Karen's voice, in a Chicagoan accent. Also, in Single Cell Anniversary,control+alt+delete doesn't work on her and one of the only computers that it won't work on is called Windows Chicago.
- Windows Chicago is a nickname for the Windows 95 computer.
- When she is on the wall,her screen looks bigger but when move in her mobile her screen looks even smaller.
- Her father was created by a boy in a Nick Magazine contest.
- Karen is known to be the only computer in the series.
- In the winter special, she was the one who appeared without Plankton.
- Video Games:==
1.SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis-Plankton often mentions Karen
2.SpongeBob featuring Nicktoons:Globs of Doom-Karen makes a non-speaking cameo in the Chum Bucket as a large computor screen.
- "I heard this joke before!"
- "Seaweed: 50% Sea, 50% Weed
- "Plankton: 1% Evil, 99% Hot Gas."
- "I suppose it would, if I had one."
- "Don't hurt yourself poopsy!"
- "Z, the letter after Y."
- "Why do I even bother?"
- "SHELDON!! HA HA HA!"
- "Nagging Software? I heard that! Come back here and dust my screen!"
- "I loved it, but not as much as I LOVE you, Plankton!"
- "Don't get all worked up again Plankton, I just mopped the floor."
- "Oh, excellent job genius! You really fixed the place up!"
- "I can't believe you let a recipe ruin such a wonderful friendship"
- "Plankton! You've fallen in love with another woman? I'm your wife!"
|Characters (V • E)|
Patchy • Potty • French Narrator • Mermaid Man • Barnacle Boy • Flying Dutchman • King Neptune • Larry the Lobster • Harold SquarePants • Margaret SquarePants • Grandma SquarePants • Realistic Fish Head • Perch Perkins • Bikini Bottomites • Jellyfish