- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Chip I (debut)
- Chip Plankton II (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- French Narrator
- Karen Plankton
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Stork drone (debut)
- Machine #1
- Machine #2
- Machine #3
- Weird machine
The episode begins at the Chum Bucket. Karen is pacing about, wondering when her baby, the one she ordered online, will arrive. Plankton gets run over by her, and she tells him that she's just waiting for her baby. Plankton then proceeds to freak out and tell her he doesn't want a baby. She tells him it's too late, and that it was 9 months since she ordered it and it was no longer on back order. Plankton asks if they can get store credit instead, but a robot stork comes to deliver Karen's baby.
To try and stop the stork, Plankton uses the hand atop the restaurant to fight it, but the stork blasts the roof open and delivers the baby anyway. It turns out to be a calculator. Karen is ecstatic about the baby, but Plankton is negative about it. Karen decides to name the baby Chip, after her grandfather.
The baby begins crying, and Plankton gets annoyed. He tells Karen to shush the baby, and is surprised when it stops very quickly. He asks her how she calmed Chip down so fast. She tells him that she typed 4445 into his screen, and when spelled upside down spells 'Shhh.' Plankton says that it won't get more annoying, but then SpongeBob arrives.
SpongeBob brings a present for the new baby, and it turns out that Chip Plankton II likes SpongeBob. Plankton says that he's not the 'brightest diode in the box' to like SpongeBob. The present that SpongeBob brings is a can of compressed air, to keep his keys clean. The hose flies off the bottle and bounces off the wall, knocking Plankton's eye out. SpongeBob proceeds to blow himself out of the Chum Bucket with the compressed air.
Chip begins taking his first steps, to which Karen encourages. She tells him to walk to Mommy, and he keeps falling down. Plankton mocks the baby's simple walking style, and walks in a fancy way to show off. Chip then upgrades to a young child. Plankton, still fancy-walking, slips on some computer paper that Chip dropped and flies into a trash can full of dirty diapers.
Karen takes Chip to the Fun Arcade in hopes of finding him some friends. She tells him to try the video game Happy Sub. At first, she thinks it's okay, but after seeing that there are a lot of enemies that Chip has to blast in the game, she gets scared and demands he come out of the game. Chip does not listen, so she shakes him out of the game. Chip then upgrades to a teenager.
Karen, mad at Chip for not listening to her, scolds him. He ignores her and then curses at her. Enraged, Karen grabs him by the side of his head and drags him back to the Chum Bucket. At the Chum Bucket, Karen begins ranting to Plankton about Chip's behavior. When he seems unaffected by this behavior, Karen proceeds to go cool off, telling him to talk to his son.
Plankton rolls over to Chip on his chair and begins talking to him. Chip tells him what happened at the arcade, and Plankton is mad that Karen stopped his game. Plankton tells Chip that the perfect solution to his problem is to run away, trying to get rid of him. Confused, Chip questions him, and Plankton tells him 'you do you,' and to go see the world. Chip then leaves.
Karen, now calmed down, asks Plankton how his talk with Chip went. Plankton tells her it went great, and that he's a good boy. Karen agrees, but then asks him where Chip is. Plankton nonchalantly replies that he ran away. Karen flips out, questioning why her son would run away, and Plankton tells her that he told him to. Upset, Karen threatens Plankton with holographic weapons. She tells him to find their son or he's not welcome at home anymore. She throws him out of the restaurant.
Plankton, in his large tank, begins driving around the city calling for Chip. Chip is sitting on a cardboard box in an alley, when a robot brings him to his hangout with his buddies, introducing him to them. The robots seem to like him, and Chip says it's cool there. But if he wants to be a part of their group, they must dismantle him. Terrified, Chip tries to run off, but the robot pressures him into staying. Chip tries to escape, but a powerful magnet brings him back. The robots all begin to dismantle him, but he swears, alerting Plankton to his location.
Plankton, using his antennae, blasts through a building with his tank and tells the robots to get away from his son. One of the robots proceeds to slice his tank up, destroying it. The robots chase after Plankton, but Chip, wanting to save his father, says his first words. Plankton, happy that Chip's first word was 'Father,' happily exclaims he can't wait to rub that in Karen's face. Chip converts an ice cream machine into a weapon, destroying the other robots.
Back at the Chum Bucket, Plankton tells Karen what Chip did. Chip then upgrades to a college student. Plankton wants to buy him a quart of oil, but Chip tells him he's leaving for college. Karen and Plankton wish him well as he leaves for college.
Eight semesters later, Plankton and Karen begin spying on Chip's first day of work as an ATM at the bank. Mr. Krabs comes along to withdraw some money, but Chip refuses to let him have it, annoying Mr. Krabs. Krabs then proceeds to throw a tantrum, to which Plankton and Karen love. Plankton says that Chip's his boy, and the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Vacation (a) - Kapono Beamer, Mac Prindy [Title card]
‣ Apples and Pears - Bruce Campbell [Opening.]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator ["A baby!?!"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - "It's too late to stop it now."
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 3 - Fredric Bayco [Mechanical stork arrives with baby.]
‣ Fairy Coach - Ernest Tomlinson [Karen is excited.]
‣ Comical Clowns - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton tries to stop mechanical stork.]
‣ Little Garden - Johnny Hawksworth [Karen holds new baby.]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [Karen names the baby Chip.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["I don't get it."]
‣ Lullaby Box - Leo Nissim [Chip asleep.]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob arrives with a present.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Whimsey - Arthur Wilkinson [Chip trying to walk.]
‣ ? [Plankton "walking."]
‣ Whimsey - Arthur Wilkinson [Chip takes a few more steps.]
‣ Fairies A - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Chip upgrades to a young child.]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 3 - Fredric Bayco [Plankton slips and falls into the dirty diaper bin.]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 4 - Fredric Bayco [Plankton slips and falls into the dirty diaper bin.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["This stinks!"]
‣ Domestic Fun (a) - Ernest Tomlinson [Karen takes Chip to the arcade.]
‣ Fight for Your Life! - Gregor Narholz [Chip enters arcade machine and fights monsters.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield [Chip upgrades to a teenager.]
‣ Domestic Fun (b) - Ernest Tomlinson ["So you think you can do whatever you want because you're a teenager now!?"]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 4 - Fredric Bayco [Karen takes Chip home.]
‣ Gamineries - Achille Alberto Scotti [Plankton talks to Chip and suggests that he run away.]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhoet ["So, how was your talk with Chip?"]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 4 - Fredric Bayco ["Why would my baby run away!?"]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Karen gets angry.]
‣ Dramatic Episode 2 - Kurt Rehfeld [Plankton looking for Chip.]
‣ This Space for Hire - Sam Fonteyn ["Hey, kid, you lost?"]
‣ ? [Robot introduces Chip to his friends.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["If you wanna be part of us, we're gonna need your parts."]
‣ The Escape - John Scott [Chip tries to run away.]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Claro [Plankton hears Chip.]
‣ Air Power - Sidney Sager ["Don't worry, son, Daddy is coming!"]
‣ Attack - Anthony Hymas [Robots chase Plankton.]
‣ Beyond the Deep Blue Sea - Lisa Doby, Lionel Wendling [Plankton tells Karen what Chip did.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield [Chip upgrades to college-aged adult.]
‣ Walking on the Beach A - Kapono Beamer, Mac Prindy [Chip leaves for college.]
‣ Comical Clowns - Ronald Hanmer [Eight semesters later...]
‣ Bridge 3 - Wilfred Burns [Krabs walks up to ATM machine, who is Chip.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield [Chip dispenses money.]
‣ Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- When this episode first aired, it was paired with "The Krusty Bucket."
- This episode has the same title card music as "Food Con Castaways."
- This episode reveals that Karen has a grandfather named Chip, as she named her child after him.
- After Plankton says "I went to college...," it references the episode "Plankton!," where he first says this. He also says this in a few other episodes as well.
- In the same scene, when Plankton is about to cry, it looks the same as his "sincere face" in "Grandmum's the Word."
- Plankton passes the same building twice with the same people outside when looking for Chip.
- This episode reveals that Karen has the ability to create solid objects out of her own energy.
- Mr. Krabs' PIN number is revealed to be 1234.
- Chip's head in teenager form resembles the Game Boy Advance.
- The audience clapping at SpongeBob is a reference to some sitcoms.
- When Karen says "Oh, Planky-poo," her on-screen mouth does not move.