"Jolly Lodgers" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season twelve. In this episode, Squidward packs his suitcases as his house becomes infested, but a different kind of pest awaits him at the hotel.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sea urchins
- Boat salesperson
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 49A
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 114
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 91
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 2
- Mrs. Puff (cameo)
- Convention visitors
- Kevin C. Cucumber (cameo)
- The Jellyspotters
- Jeffrey the Jellyfish (cameo)
- Dr. Manowar (cameo)
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 23
Squidward's house has a fumigation tent put over it due to a sea urchin infestation. SpongeBob and Patrick believe it is a circus tent, and Squidward explains that he will be staying at a hotel.
At the hotel, Squidward is annoyed by the receptionist. He enjoys his room and takes a bath, which is interrupted by SpongeBob and Patrick running through the room. After his bath, he orders room service, which is delivered by SpongeBob and Patrick. He asks them what they are doing at the hotel, and they reveal that the annual Jelly-Con is being held there, with Squidward's room between theirs.
Squidward is annoyed by SpongeBob and Patrick at the hotel's spa, gym, and pool. He is unable to escape from them in the hallway, and is eventually brought into the jellyfishing convention.
Squidward wears a jellyfish costume and leaves the room. When the annual "jellyfish mascot hunt" begins, he is chased by the jellyfishers in the hallway. He finds a zapper built into the costume and electrocutes everyone, including SpongeBob, Patrick, and the receptionist. He calls the exterminators and has the hotel fumigated.
The jellyfishers all manage to evacuate, and SpongeBob hopes that Squidward is doing okay. Squidward is shown to be dancing in his room, wearing a gas mask.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Circus Parade (a) - Dick Walter ["Oh, boy, a circus!"]
• Coconut Cream Pie Dry - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward tells SpongeBob his house has been infested by sea urchins.]
‣ King Conga - Dennis Farnon [Sea urchins get out Squidward's house doing the conga.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward arrives at a hotel.]
• Shop-O-Rama - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [Squidward gets the keys of his room.]
‣ Beautiful People (a) - David Walter, Dick Walter [Squidward enters his room and starts relaxing.]
‣ ? [SpongeBob enters and exits Squidward's room.]
‣ ? ["Hello? Anyone there?"]
‣ ? [Patrick enters and exits Squidward's room.]
‣ Tiptoe Footsteps - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["Hello? Someone just come in?"]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick bump into each other.]
• Slide Whistle Stooges 2 - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't you just love playing Hotel: Slam and Run?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hmm? Alright, I know I heard something in here!"]
‣ Luv a Duck - Marc Monsen, Tony Tape [Squidward calls the room service.]
‣ Hippo Bird - Arthur Wilkinson [Hotel manager comes back to the reception.]
‣ Dream of Tomorrow - Trevor Duncan [SpongeBob knocks at the door of Squidward's room.]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick enter Squidward's room dressed as hotel workers.]
‣ Bridge 3 - Wilfred Burns ["SpongeBob, aren't you gonna introduce me?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Get off me! What are you doing in this hotel?"]
‣ Country Saunter - Frederick Charrosin [SpongeBob tells Squidward that Hotel Halibut is hosting the annual Jellyfishing Convention.]
‣ King Conga - Dennis Farnon [SpongeBob and Patrick leave Squidward's room doing the conga.]
• Unknown Track 106 - Squidward receiving a massage at the hotel spa.
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [SpongeBob and Patrick are revealed to be the ones massaging Squidward.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["NOO! STAY AWAY FROM MEEE!"]
• Unknown Track 106 - SpongeBob and Patrick scratching themselves.
‣ ? [Squidward stretching at the hotel gym.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick appear at the hotel gym, making Squidward leave.]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward arrives at the hotel swimming pool trying not to be seen by SpongeBob and Patrick.]
• Solo Steel and Vibes 1 - Jeremy Wakefield, Nicolas Carr ["Ah, peace and quiet..."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Swimming pool starts bubbling and Squidward panics]
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick pop out from the swimming pool.]
‣ Action Fanfare A - Dick De Benedictis [Squidward sees shocked SpongeBob and Patrick in the distance of the hallway.]
‣ Death Clock B - Dick De Benedictis [Squidward sees shocked SpongeBob and Patrick in the distance of the hallway.]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs screaming hysterically through the hallway seeing SpongeBob and Patrick everywhere.]
‣ Evil Mind 3 - Dick De Benedictis ["STAY AWAY FROM ME! I'M WARNING YOU!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 7 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I WANNA BE ALONE!"]
• Unknown Track 107 - "Hmm? Wait, are you two in there already?!"
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["That's where the Jellyfishing Convention is!"]
‣ Country Saunter - Frederick Charrosin [Squidward gets taken into the Jellyfishing Convention room.]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone loves Squidward at Jellyfishing Convention room.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward sees the jellyfish costume.]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gets an idea.]
• The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward puts on the jellyfish costume and starts walking out of the Jellyfishing Convention room.]
‣ ? ["All right, jellyfishers, it's the moment you've been waiting for!"]
‣ Class.Finale 04 C Maj 1 - Marcin Pospieszalski [SpongeBob and Patrick show up excited.]
‣ Fanfares 18 C Maj - Marcin Pospieszalski [SpongeBob and Patrick show up excited.]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Jellyfish mascot hunt begins.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (g) - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward calls the pest control to come to the hotel because an "infestion of jellyfishes."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Squidward? You must introduce me someday."]
‣ King Conga - Dennis Farnon [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- Before premiered on March 7, 2020, Amazon accidentally released on July 31, 2019, alongside with its sister episode "Biddy Sitting" until it was taken down by Nickelodeon a few days later.
- This is the second time in a row that an episode was released by Amazon until it got taken by Nickelodeon. The first is "Surf N' Turf."
- A clip was released on Nick TV a week before this episode aired on American television.
- This episode was paired up with "Shell Games" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "Biddy Sitting."
- Coincidentally, they both have to do with an unexpected guest visiting at Squidward's house.
- This and "Shell Games" were the least-viewed episodes in the series, until it was overshadowed by "Pineapple RV" and "Boss for a Day" which had 0.73 million U.S. viewers.
- The title card is similar to those of "Jellyfishing," "Jellyfish Jam," and "The Pink Purloiner," as all four contain jellyfish.
- "SpongeBob Theme" plays as a title card track for the first time in 19 years since "Dying for Pie."
- When Squidward's bus arrives at Hotel Halibut, Jim's limousine from "The Original Fry Cook" can be seen outside the hotel.
- The blue suit SpongeBob wears for room service is the same suit he wears in "Krusty Towers."
- The title is a pun on the American flag Jolly Roger, which is used to identify a pirate ship that is about to attack.
- The scene where SpongeBob and Patrick appear at the end of the hallway is a reference to the 1980 horror film The Shining.
- When SpongeBob, Patrick, and the other hotel guests form a conga line, SpongeBob's mouth disappears for a few frames.
- The zapper does not appear until Squidward needs it.
- ^ This was found using the Unix timestamp of the thumbnail, which is 3/26/2020 @ 19:37:50.660.
- ^ Google archive of the episode page is from this date.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1144975599636627456
- ^ http://www.nick.tv/hs-spongebob/videos/72c99718-8399-4747-a7bd-fd14b09ca8fb/