- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sea urchins
- Boat salesperson
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 49A
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 114
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 91
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 2
- Mrs. Puff (cameo)
- Convention visitors
- Kevin C. Cucumber (cameo)
- The Jellyspotters
- Jeffrey the Jellyfish (cameo)
- Dr. Manowar (cameo)
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 23
In the beginning of the episode, Squidward is waiting for the bus in front of his house. He is wearing a Hawaiian shirt, has a suitcase in hand, and has an exterminator's fumigation tent covering his house. SpongeBob comes over and thinks that the tent is a circus tent, but Squidward angrily tells him otherwise, saying that the tent is for getting rid of Sea Urchins that have infested his house. Patrick suddenly comes out of the tent, also thinking that his house is a circus, exclaiming that it was boring. Squidward storms off and boards the arriving bus, telling SpongeBob and Patrick that he will be staying at a hotel for the next few days in order to have peace and quiet. In the next scene, Squidward arrives at the hotel, and meets the manager. After the manager cracks a couple jokes, much to Squidward's annoyance, Squidward gets his room key. Squidward is very delighted with his room, and decides to relax by taking a bath. While bathing, SpongeBob and Patrick are seen running through Squidward's room, and end up bumping into each other, excitedly exclaiming on how much they love playing "Hotel Slam N' Run." After they leave, Squidward comes out of the bathroom, knowing that he heard a noise, but soon brushes it off as him being "not relaxed enough."
Soon after, Squidward decides to order room service for his hotel room, but SpongeBob and Patrick (who have their voices disguised), are on the other end. After hanging up the phone, the hotel manager comes back and thanks SpongeBob and Patrick for filling in for him on the phone, giving the two a treat as a reward. SpongeBob and Patrick arrive to Squidward's room on a cart, and are happy to see their friend. Squidward is not so happy though, and demands an explanation as to why SpongeBob and Patrick are also in the hotel. They explain that the hotel is hosting this year's annual Jellyfishing Convention, and that Squidward's hotel room is in-between both of theirs. As SpongeBob and Patrick conga-line out of Squidward's room, Squidward boards up his room and yells for SpongeBob and Patrick to stay away from him and leave him alone, Later, Squidward tries to enjoy various activities in the hotel, such as the spa, gym, and pool areas, but SpongeBob and Patrick disobey his pleas and appear in each of his activities, annoying him by their presence. After Squidward leaves the pool area, he sees SpongeBob and Patrick in the hotel halls, and tries to escape them, only to see them at every single turn (with one exception, where he somehow sees Mrs. Puff when he turns around). Squidward backs up against a door and begs for SpongeBob and Patrick to leave him alone, but SpongeBob slyly warns that the door behind him leads to the Jellyfishing Convention.
A couple of the attendees at the convention notice Squidward, and drag him inside, leaving SpongeBob and Patrick to follow, which was their plan all along. Everyone at the convention welcomes Squidward with open arms, but he hates it. Later, SpongeBob and Patrick notice Squidward hiding in the corner, and are happy that everyone seems to love him. Squidward is not happy though, saying that everyone loves him so much that they won't let him leave. A pair of fish confirm this, saying that they love Squidward, as both of them head into the restrooms while leaving their Jellyfish mascot costume behind. Squidward suddenly gets an idea; if he puts the costume on, he can leave the convention undetected. As he is doing so, an announcement is made at the convention, much to the excitement of the crowd; It's time for the annual Jellyfish mascot hunt! Squidward runs away in panic, and the crowd, including SpongeBob and Patrick, give chase through the halls of the hotel. Squidward soon notices there's a button inside the suit called "The Zapper," which allows him to electrocute anything with the costume's tentacles. Squidward gets a kick out of this, and starts running back towards the crowd, gleefully zapping people left and right. He soon approaches the manager at his desk and zaps him too. Squidward then grabs the nearby phone and calls pest control, frantically telling them that the hotel has a infestation of jellyfish...fanatics. Exterminators arrive and cover the entire hotel with a fumigation tent, and SpongeBob and Patrick question if Squidward made it out okay. We then cut to inside the hotel, where Squidward is seen in his room, happily dancing while wearing a gas mask, as the episode ends.
- Someone forming a conga line or singing to a conga song.
- SpongeBob and Patrick appearing wherever Squidward goes.
- Squidward wishes to be alone, but SpongeBob and Patrick keep disobeying him.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Circus Parade (a) - Dick Walter ["Oh, boy, a circus!"]
• Coconut Cream Pie Dry - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward tells SpongeBob his house has been infested by sea urchins.]
‣ King Conga - Dennis Farnon [Sea urchins get out Squidward's house doing the conga.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward arrives at a hotel.]
• Shop-O-Rama - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [Squidward gets the keys of his room.]
‣ Beautiful People (a) - David Walter, Dick Walter [Squidward enters his room and starts relaxing.]
‣ ? [SpongeBob enters and exits Squidward's room.]
‣ ? ["Hello? Anyone there?"]
‣ ? [Patrick enters and exits Squidward's room.]
‣ Tiptoe Footsteps - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["Hello? Someone just come in?"]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick bump into each other.]
• Slide Whistle Stooges 2 - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't you just love playing Hotel: Slam and Run?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hmm? Alright, I know I heard something in here!"]
‣ Luv a Duck - Marc Monsen, Tony Tape [Squidward calls the room service.]
‣ Hippo Bird - Arthur Wilkinson [Hotel manager comes back to the reception.]
‣ Dream of Tomorrow - Trevor Duncan [SpongeBob knocks at the door of Squidward's room.]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick enter Squidward's room dressed as hotel workers.]
‣ Bridge 3 - Wilfred Burns ["SpongeBob, aren't you gonna introduce me?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Get off me! What are you doing in this hotel?"]
‣ Country Saunter - Frederick Charrosin [SpongeBob tells Squidward that Hotel Halibut is hosting the annual Jellyfishing Convention.]
‣ King Conga - Dennis Farnon [SpongeBob and Patrick leave Squidward's room doing the conga.]
• Unknown Track 106 - Squidward receiving a massage at the hotel spa.
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [SpongeBob and Patrick are revealed to be the ones massaging Squidward.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["NOO! STAY AWAY FROM MEEE!"]
• Unknown Track 106 - SpongeBob and Patrick scratching themselves.
‣ Get Dancing (A-1) - R. Hook Norton [Squidward stretching at the hotel gym.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick appear at the hotel gym, making Squidward leave.]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward arrives at the hotel swimming pool trying not to be seen by SpongeBob and Patrick.]
• Solo Steel and Vibes 1 - Jeremy Wakefield, Nicolas Carr ["Ah, peace and quiet..."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Swimming pool starts bubbling and Squidward panics]
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick pop out from the swimming pool.]
‣ Action Fanfare A - Dick De Benedictis [Squidward sees SpongeBob and Patrick in the hallway.]
‣ Death Clock B - Dick De Benedictis [Squidward sees SpongeBob and Patrick in the hallway.]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs screaming hysterically through the hallway seeing SpongeBob and Patrick everywhere.]
‣ Evil Mind 3 - Dick De Benedictis ["STAY AWAY FROM ME! I'M WARNING YOU!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 7 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I WANNA BE ALONE!"]
• Unknown Track 107 - "Hmm? Wait, are you two in there already?!"
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["That's where the Jellyfishing Convention is!"]
‣ Country Saunter - Frederick Charrosin [Squidward gets taken into the Jellyfishing Convention room.]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone loves Squidward at Jellyfishing Convention room.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward sees the jellyfish costume.]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gets an idea.]
• The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward puts on the jellyfish costume and starts walking out of the Jellyfishing Convention room.]
‣ ? ["All right, jellyfishers, it's the moment you've been waiting for!"]
‣ Class.Finale 04 C Maj 1 - Marcin Pospieszalski [SpongeBob and Patrick show up excited.]
‣ Fanfares 18 C Maj - Marcin Pospieszalski [SpongeBob and Patrick show up excited.]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Jellyfish mascot hunt begins.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (g) - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward calls the pest control to come to the hotel because an "infestion of jellyfishes."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Squidward? You must introduce me someday."]
‣ King Conga - Dennis Farnon [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 and The Complete Twelfth Season DVDs.
- Before this episode premiered on March 7, 2020, Amazon accidentally released it on July 31, 2019, alongside with its sister episode "Biddy Sitting" until it was taken down by Nickelodeon a few days later.
- This is the second time in a row that an episode was released by Amazon until it got taken by Nickelodeon. The first was "Surf N' Turf."
- A clip was released on Nick TV a week before this episode aired on American television.
- This was the last episode to premiere before the COVID-19 pandemic began.
- This episode was paired up with "Shell Games" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "Biddy Sitting."
- Ironically, they both have to do with an unexpected guest visiting at Squidward's house.
- There are 29 jellyfish in the title card.
- The title card is similar to those of "Jellyfishing," "Jellyfish Jam," and "The Pink Purloiner," as all four contain jellyfish.
- Many characters from "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic", including Dr. Manowar, the Jellyspotters, a picture of Big Lenny, and Kevin C. Cucumber, make cameo appearances at the 36th Annual Jellyfishing Convention.
- This episode also marks Jeffery the Jellyfish's third cameo appearance.
- Additionally, Kevin C. Cucumber's Ointment billboard is seen when the convention is first being shown.
- This episode also marks Jeffery the Jellyfish's third cameo appearance.
- "SpongeBob Theme" plays as a title card track for the first time in 19 years since "Dying for Pie," but this time the track is low pitch.
- When Squidward's bus arrives at Hotel Halibut, Jim's limousine from "The Original Fry Cook" can be seen outside the hotel.
- The blue suit SpongeBob wears for room service is the same suit he wears in "Krusty Towers."
- In the UK and Ireland, the scene with Squidward stinging everyone is altered so the background does not flash, possibly due to causing seizures to the viewers.
- In the Italian dub, this episode is called "Hotel da incubo," which translates to "Nightmare Hotel."
- If Squidward wanted SpongeBob and Patrick to leave him alone, he would've hired hotel hands to stop them.
- Squidward should've boarded up the doors around SpongeBob's and Patrick's hotel rooms to prevent them from getting out, instead of just his room.
- The title is a pun on the Jolly Roger, which is used to identify a pirate ship that is about to attack.
- The scene where SpongeBob and Patrick appear at the end of the hallway is a possible allusion to The Shining.
- The Blue Plate Special is a reference to Kmart's trademark Blue Light Special.
- When SpongeBob, Patrick, and the other hotel guests form a conga line, SpongeBob's mouth disappears for a few frames.
- The zapper does not appear until Squidward needs it.
- Right at the beginning, when SpongeBob says, "Oh boy, a circus!," the picture glitches for a frame. Said frame glitch makes the picture give the illusion that it is moving up.
- It's illegal to impersonate a bellhop in real life, like what SpongeBob and Patrick do.
- ^ This was found using the Unix timestamp of the thumbnail, which is 3/26/2020 @ 19:37:50.660.
- ^ Google archive of the episode page is from this date.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1144975599636627456
- ^ http://www.nick.tv/hs-spongebob/videos/72c99718-8399-4747-a7bd-fd14b09ca8fb/