- French Narrator
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Queen jellyfish (debut)
The episode begins with a jellyfish swimming by SpongeBob's house, where SpongeBob and Patrick then observe it through a massive telescope protruding from a window in SpongeBob's house. They then slide down ropes (causing them to get rope burn that literally produces flames on their hands) and assmble their jellyfish nets, before SpongeBob puts on his glasses. They prepare for jellyfishing like professionals, but then meet Squidward and ask him if he wants to join them. He says that he cannot go with them because he is "busy" and goes bicycling instead. SpongeBob asks Squidward if he can join them next time. Squidward sarcastically says yes and goes down the road. SpongeBob and Patrick do not understand the sarcasm and plan to go jellyfishing with him eventually.
Unfortunately, while he is biking, Squidward has an accident involving a jellyfish and gets his tentacles tangled in his bike's pedals, causing him to veer out of control, tumble down a cliff, and inexplicably explode when he hits the bottom, leaving him ultimately wheelchair-bound. SpongeBob and Patrick decide that what Squidward needs is a "Best Day Ever" when he returns home, bandaged essentially everywhere on his body besides his eyes. The Best Day Ever begins at Squidward's house, where Patrick offers Squidward some alphabet soup. Patrick blows the hot soup onto Squidward's bandaged face several times before SpongeBob says that soup is not a good idea. SpongeBob then suggests that some music would be good, and gets Squidward's clarinet. He blows a bad note before realizing that his lips are too dry, and goes through several exaggerated motions of trying to wet his lips. A disgusted Patrick soon violently snatches the instrument away from SpongeBob, declaring music not to be a good thing for Squidward either.
SpongeBob and Patrick then declare that a jellyfishing expedition would be in order for the "Best Day Ever." They then go to Jellyfish Fields, SpongeBob tells Patrick to give a net to Squidward, while he finds "a good specimen." Patrick explains that Squidward must, "firmly grasp [the net] in [his] hand," but when Patrick fails to put a jellyfishing net in Squidward's cast-covered hand, he gets frustrated and he stabs it through Squidward's palm, much to his chagrin and pain.
He is not into it at first, but when a jellyfish stings him, he wheels after it for revenge. He manages to catch the jellyfish and bangs his net triumphantly against a pink mass. While Squidward does this, the pink mass arises to reveal itself as a queen jellyfish who is irritated by the banging. The queen jellyfish chases after Squidward, while SpongeBob and Patrick obliviously cheer him on until the queen jellyfish zaps Squidward with an extremely massive sting, leaving their cheering replaced with cringing at poor Squidward's literally shocking misfortune.
The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick covered in band-aids meet outside Squidward's house and attempt to give a now life-support-bound Squidward the jellyfish that he caught the previous day as an apology. SpongeBob hopefully asks Squidward if he still isn't mad at them. Sure enough, he is, and he opens the jar and lets the jellyfish attack SpongeBob and Patrick as they sprint into the distance. As Squidward laughs, the Queen Jellyfish finds him and stings him again, destroying his life-support and shattering his body cast. A completely blackened Squidward can only say, "Ow" as the episode abruptly ends.
- Someone gets stung in a different kind of way.
- SpongeBob and Patrick trying to give Squidward "the best day ever," but it ends up having Squidward getting repeatedly hurt and/or irritated.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• War Blowers - The Blue Hawaiians [Title card]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [opening]
‣ Cymbals [#85] - Mark Nolan [Plays before "The Grinder"]
‣ The Grinder - Rolf Krueger [rock music]
‣ Cymbals [#85] - Mark Nolan [Plays before "The Grinder"]
‣ The Grinder - Rolf Krueger [SpongeBob and Patrick take three sets of poles and three sets of nets.]
‣ Merlins Hill - Jennifer Jones [SpongeBob and Patrick jellyfishing]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [SpongeBob asks Squidward if he wants to go with them]
‣ Hawaiian Link (A) - Richard Myhill [Squidward rides off]
‣ Hawaiian Link (B) - Richard Myhill ["Are you kidding? We're his best friends."]
‣ Honolulu March - Hans Haider [SpongeBob waiting for Squidward]
• You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Welcome home, Squidward!"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [Jellyfish Fields]
• Nick's B. Danube - Nicolas Carr [showing Squidward how it's done]
‣ Blue Danube - Fiachra Trench, Johann Strauss [End of "Nick's B Danube"]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward chasing a jellyfish]
‣ Menace from the Deep - Robert Cornford [giant jellyfish wakes up]
‣ Dangerous A - Mladen Franko [giant jellyfish chases Squidward]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [the next day]
‣ Old Hilo March - Kapono Beamer [jellyfish in jar]
‣ Menace from the Deep - Robert Cornford [giant jellyfish returns]
‣ Hawaiian Link (A) - Richard Myhill ["Ow."]
- This episode is available on the Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies, SpongeBob Schwammkopf Folge 2, Complete 1st Season, Sponge Buddies, The 1st Season: Volume 1, Tea at the Treedome, First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob SquarePants, iSponge Offer Pack, Sponge Crazy, Hunting at the Bottom, Hunting For Jellyfish, Bob Esponja, Really Big Box Set, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 1, The Complete First Season, Orange Collection, From the Beginning, Part 1, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, On the Road Again, Deep-Sea Games, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The First & Second Seasons, Movies & TV Collection, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs along with SpongeBob SquarePants Volume 1 on GBA Video and on VideoNow.
- This episode is available on the Sponge Buddies and Undersea Antics Volume 1 VHS tapes.
- This episode is also available on the It's a SpongeBob Christmas! Blu-ray.
- "Jellyfishing" was ranked #40 during the Best Day Ever event from November 9–10, 2006.
- The scene where SpongeBob and Patrick are talking to each other on the phone and reveals that they were both in SpongeBob's house was shown in the 2003 film Lara Croft: Tomb Raider – The Cradle of Life, where the main protagonist Lara Croft went inside the family ship asking them to stay in the ship to use the orb. The clip itself was dubbed in Mandarin Chinese despite the location taking place in Hong Kong, whose denizens primarily speak Cantonese.
- This is the first episode in packaging or release order to feature the original track "Gator" and the APM track "The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka."
- "Squeaky Boots" had both these tracks and began production earlier.
- This episode is the first in any order to feature either of the "Hawaiian Links" or the APM track "Dangerous."
- This is the earliest episode produced to feature "Grass Skirt Chase," and the first in packaging or release order to feature it during an actual chase scene.
- This is also the earliest episode produced to feature the track "Old Hilo March," and the first in packing or release order to feature it outside the title card.
- This was Alan Smart's last episode as an animation director until the season 4 debut episode, "Fear of a Krabby Patty."
- This was the premiere episode of the Latin American dub along with its sister episode "Plankton!" instead of "Help Wanted" which is the actual pilot.
- This episode was paired up with "Best Day Ever" during the Best Buddies Week marathon.
- There is an online game based on this episode called SpongeBob's Jellyfishin' Game.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick show Squidward how to jellyfish, they vocalize the melody of the first movement of "The Blue Danube."
- The queen jellyfish is a parody of queen bees and ants.
- At the beginning, SpongeBob's house is missing a window.
- When Squidward leaves SpongeBob and Patrick on his bicycle, SpongeBob's house is missing.
- When Squidward's legs get stuck on the bike after going out of control by the jellyfish, his arms get stuck as well, even though only his legs are shown to get stuck.
- At the beginning, the sky is blue, but when SpongeBob and Patrick come out of the pineapple, the sky is orange, and when they chase the jellyfish, the sky is blue again.
- When SpongeBob says, "Hey, Patrick," Patrick's mouth is syncing to what SpongeBob is saying.
- When Squidward is in his wheelchair, he needs a cast for each arm, but he is able to move them to slam his jellyfish against the bigger jellyfish.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are chanting "Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing!" at Jellyfish Fields, SpongeBob's mouth doesn't move to the sync.
- Squidward's net switches between his hands. First, it is in his right hand, then his left, then right again.
- When Squidward is on his wheel bed at the end of the episode, when he arrives at the scene he is facing his front door, however later on in the scene, he is facing towards Patrick's house when the big jellyfish zaps him.
- When SpongeBob says, "Hey, Squidward!" his mouth moves as if he is saying something else.
- This happens again when he says, "There's one in position."
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|