- French Narrator
- Friend (A.K.A. No Name) (debut)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 106
- Squidward Tentacles (mentioned)
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 17
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 12 (cameo)
- Incidental 60 (cameo)
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 36
- Sandals (cameo)
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 28
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 16
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
SpongeBob is out jellyfishing in Jellyfish Fields. He catches a jellyfish, gently tickles out some of its jelly, and lets it go, naming it "Twelvy" on its way. He then spies a very rare blue jellyfish, the only jellyfish in the field he has never been able to catch and name, thus calling him "No Name." SpongeBob's attempt to catch this specimen ends in failure once again, despite having used himself like a rocket to get closer to it.
Later, SpongeBob goes on his five-minute lunch break at the Krusty Krab and puts the fresh jellyfish jelly on a Krabby Patty. A customer notices it and asks him what it is. After SpongeBob explains that it is "a Krabby Patty with jellyfish jelly," the customer is eager to try it himself, so SpongeBob provides him with a dollop. Amazed with its taste, the customer sings a song proclaiming its greatness and plops jelly on the patties of all the other customers, who enjoy it as well. Mr. Krabs comes out from his office to see what the fuss is about, and SpongeBob explains how he was sharing his jelly with the customers. Mr. Krabs at first considers tampering with the Krabby Patty recipe to be mutiny, but when the customer tells him that he will come back for lunch there every day for the rest of his life, Mr. Krabs officially puts the new Jelly Patty on the menu.
SpongeBob is tasked to go out and gather as many jellyfish as he can. He is delighted to be paid for jellyfishing, but Mr. Krabs tells him that it is part of his free time. SpongeBob stills agrees, though he asks Mr. Krabs to keep the jellyfish comfortable while milking them for jelly. Mr. Krabs secretly states to himself that he will keep them comfortable "in his wallet," hinting that he does not care for their safety. SpongeBob catches several jellyfish, with Mr. Krabs demanding more every time until Jellyfish Fields is completely deserted. SpongeBob concludes that there are no more jellyfish to catch, and begins to walk home.
As SpongeBob walks home, he feels that he is being followed. He turns around, mentioning that he feels like someone is trying to sell him something. The thing following him is revealed to be No Name, but he hides every time SpongeBob looks back. SpongeBob states that he is not interested in anything his hypothetical salesman is selling and rushes home. Upon arriving home, he closes the blinds of his windows in panic but soon laughs off the incident. SpongeBob then gets a strange call from No Name that only features him breathing before the call abruptly ends, with the line seemingly having been cut. Nervous, SpongeBob laughs it off as a wrong number call, but the lights go off shortly after and he laughs that off as well by stating that Gary must have forgotten to pay the electric bill. SpongeBob later sees a shadow that he believes is Gary crawling into the house and later into the kitchen, which SpongeBob thinks is a good idea as Gary would probably find food there. Shortly after, he enters the dark kitchen and sees a Jelly Patty where the moonlight is shining in from the window. He eats it at first but shortly realizes that something is extremely wrong when he finds that the patty contains blue jelly.
No Name shows up and SpongeBob ends up captured in a jar himself by the blue jellyfish. It then takes SpongeBob to a secret factory farm, where he discovers that Mr. Krabs is forcefully wringing every jellyfish dry to increase his bottom line, draining, harming, and possibly killing them. Realizing Mr. Krabs' unscrupulous plan, SpongeBob angrily confronts him. Mr. Krabs claims that they are having a tea party which initially distracts SpongeBob, but No Name informs him of the trick and SpongeBob declares his intention to free the jellyfish. Mr. Krabs is shocked when SpongeBob suddenly picks up a pipe wrench, but he uses it to fix the squeaky bolts on the door, much to his relief. SpongeBob tries to set the jellyfish free but is unable to open the door to their cage.
Mr. Krabs laughs and boasts of his sturdy voice-activated door that only opens when he says "Open," which consequently opens the door. The freed jellyfish swarm over Mr. Krabs, who tries in vain to ride off on the bike used to power the machine before realizing it is only an exercise bike. The jellyfish then give him a mighty zap before flying off. Thoroughly charred, Mr. Krabs meekly decides to take the jelly off the menu.
SpongeBob vows to never again let his net be used for anything except pure sports, stating that jellyfish are not meant to be kept in captivity forever. No Name gently enters his net, allowing itself to be caught. Touched, SpongeBob decides to name the jellyfish "Friend," and they share a handshake that ends up stinging SpongeBob, who laughs it off nervously as his hand proceeds to swell.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [title card]
‣ Galleon - Sam Fonteyn [opening at Jellyfish Fields]
‣ Hula Festival - George Elliott ["Oh, it's you!"]
‣ Hit and Run - Sam Spence [SpongeBob chasing No-Name]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [SpongeBob's lunch break]
◦ Hey All You People - Eban Schletter, Stephen Hillenburg, Derek Drymon, Andrew Overtoom
‣ Passage to Victory (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Sir, this is the greatest thing I've ever eaten!"]
• Harp! - Nicolas Carr [Bill with Fred]
‣ Botany Bay (c) - Robert Alexander White ["SpongeBob, I got a proposition for you."]
• Idea Vibe - Nicolas Carr ["And make it... quick."]
‣ Danger Zone - Mike Sunderland ["Oh no, don't tell me!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["I'll keep 'em comfortable all right... inside me wallet!"]
‣ Sunshine in Hawaii - Max Mahlmann [montage of SpongeBob catching jellyfish/ Moar Krabs]
‣ Danger Zone - Mike Sunderland [No-Name following SpongeBob]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["I'm not interested in anything you're selling!"]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [power goes out/"Blue jelly!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [No-Name holds up a net and jar]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence [jelly factory]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz ["Mr. Krabs? No!"]
‣ Give it All You've Got - Tony Cliff, Oswin Falquero, Brian Wade [plays on Krabs' headphones]
‣ Shock (u) - Dave Hewson [SpongeBob enters]
‣ Dramatic Climax - Mike Sunderland ["You tricked me, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Knight Errant - Sam Fonteyn [SpongeBob frees the jellyfish]
‣ South Pacific Island II - Victor Cavini [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeGuard on Duty, Complete 2nd Season, Absorbing Favorites, Beach Bob, First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 3, Complete Second Season, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, I'm with Hazo, Mighty Sporting of You, Celebrate the Sea, From the Beginning, Pt.1, I'm Your Biggest Fan, The First & Second Seasons, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs and on VideoNow.
- This episode is also available on the Absorbing Favorites and SpongeGuard on Duty VHS tapes.
- This episode was featured in the SpongeBob Earth Day Marathon that led up to the premiere of "SpongeBob's Last Stand" and the story in that episode is similar to this episode.
- The French narrator mentions the episode title when he says, "And where there is jellyfish, there is the jellyfish hunter."
- In the UK, the scene where the blue jellyfish cuts the power in SpongeBob's house is replaced with a shot of SpongeBob's door.
- Friend's heavy breathing on the phone was not dubbed in the Russian version, so he is just picked the phone up and SpongeBob hears only silence.
- In the Fisher Price InteracTV version of this episode, the scenes where No Name makes the power in SpongeBob's house go out and when SpongeBob says, "goodbye" to Twelvy are cut.
- Innuendo: In the scene where SpongeBob picks up the pipe wrench to fix the door, he seemingly has the intent to kill Mr. Krabs with it before his actual purpose for picking it up is revealed.
- SpongeBob picking up the phone and hearing heavy breathing is a reference to the 1979 movie When a Stranger Calls.
- There are three errors while SpongeBob is running for the blue jellyfish.
- SpongeBob's holes are missing
- The part of SpongeBob's right leg is missing.
- SpongeBob's left leg is missing.
- When SpongeBob is only wearing underwear in Jellyfish Fields, his sleeves are still shown.
- The same error also occurs in "The Way of the Sponge."
- When SpongeBob's pants fly off, the right part of his white shirt is transparent.
- After Fred finishes his song, the crowd can be heard clapping and cheering for him, however, none of the fish are moving at all.
- During the scene with Mr. Krabs asking SpongeBob to catch him jellyfish, the side of SpongeBob's lips are red.
- In the German dub, SpongeBob says, "Let me out!" in English untranslated.
- No Name captures SpongeBob using a jellyfish net and put him into the jar. However, before he and SpongeBob break into the jellyfish jelly factory farm, SpongeBob is abruptly free from the jar.
- When Mr. Krabs says, "The door will only open if I say open," it only opens the second time he says the word.
- During the part where Mr. Krabs says, "You'll never catch me!," his walkman can be seen in his pocket; then, after the scene zoomed out, his walkman in his pocket is gone.
- At the ending when SpongeBob says, "I guess I can name you now," SpongeBob blinks his eyes twice but his eyelashes are still seen.
- In some episodes, it is told that there are 4,000,000 jellyfish in Jellyfish Fields. However, in this episode, it is pretty clear that there are fewer.
- When Moar Krabs appears, his mouth is absent for a split second.