Jack Kahuna Laguna (also known as JKL) is a surfing legend who lives on an island. He appears in the episode "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One," and the video games SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook-Off and SpongeBob's Truth or Square.
Though he is a sea creature, he is a humanoid in appearance. He has a very muscular, shiny tan-orange body and long blond hair. He wears light purple shorts and a necklace with a light blue dolphin.
Abilities and talents
- Surfing: He has the ability to surf. He can also teach others how to surf.
- Bongo: He can play the bongos.
Role in episode
He teaches SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward how to surf in a way that is unknown. He is a surfing legend and lives on a deserted island far away from Bikini Bottom.
SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward
They are his surfing students.
Mr. Krabs and Cashy
He saves both of their lives.
Jack Kahuna Laguna once sacrificed himself to the wave to save Cashy.
- Jack Kahuna Laguna has a striking resemblance to his voice actor, Johnny Depp.
- He is a fish, but has human proportions.
- His theme is written in a 6/8 time signature.