- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Prickles (debut)
- Gary the Snail
- Clown worm (debut)
- Old worm (debut)
- Siana the Worm (debut)
- French narrator
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Patrick Star
- Old Man Walker (cameo)
- Jennifer (purple)
- Incidental 154
- Shubie (cameo)
- Incidental 18 (cameo)
At night, when SpongeBob is sleeping, a small worm starts living in SpongeBob's head through one of SpongeBob's pores. He wakes up to feel a weird sensation, only to realize that a worm has started living inside of him. SpongeBob eventually allows the worm to stay in his head for a night after the worm cried when tried to be forced out of him. He later names the worm Prickles, after the prickly sensation the worm has on his head.
Later, while SpongeBob continues to sleep, Prickles gives the all-clear to other worms about the good residential worm area, and they all later party inside SpongeBob's head. Gary, being completely fed up with the new worms, kicks SpongeBob out of the door as well as throwing his pants and deodorant to SpongeBob. After doing his morning routines outside his house, he goes to work at the Krusty Krab. He tells all of the worms not to appear outside during his work time or else risking losing his job.
At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs notices SpongeBob with many worms peeking out of SpongeBob's pores. He warns SpongeBob against having worms on his body. However, the worms ignore Mr. Krabs' warnings and throw their trash onto the patty stove. Mr. Krabs soon loses his temper and fires SpongeBob immediately until SpongeBob gets the worm issue under control.
Walking outside, SpongeBob meets Plankton on the way. He explains to him that he got fired from having worms around him. Plankton asks SpongeBob if he could remove the worms in exchange for a deed for Plankton himself, which SpongeBob agrees to. However, when Plankton tries to get rid of all of the worms, he ends up being crippled and surrenders.
SpongeBob walks to his neighborhood and asks Patrick for help, but he refuses because of SpongeBob's scary appearance. Then he asks Squidward for help, but quickly hoses on SpongeBob in attempt to get the worms out of SpongeBob, and even Gary barricaded SpongeBob's house (and possibly locked the door) to prevent SpongeBob from coming in until the worms are gone.
SpongeBob, now sitting by himself, and at the edge of insanity, declares himself to be "SpongeBob WormPants" and laughs at the new name he has given to himself. He laughs so hard that all of the worms quickly leave his head. Gary comes back to SpongeBob, and he hugs Gary. Meanwhile, the worms quickly go into Squidward's house and settle in Squidward's head.
One morning, Prickles gets out of his house, which is a can of beans, to relax on a mouse trap. When a clam causes ruckus, the worm throws a boot at it, only for it to come back to annoy him further.
Prickles cooks some beans, but unfortunately the clam smells them and comes to eat them. After it kisses the worm for making the beans, Prickles becomes extremely angry and screams for some time.
He then puts a trail of beans towards the can of beans to trick the clam into getting trapped inside. The plan works, and he throws the can to a mailfish to send faraway.
Unfortunately, Prickles no longer has a house as he sent the clam away using the can of beans. At night, he is wandering around, only to realize that the clam has escaped the can. It tries to attack him, but he finds a piece of coral to hide behind, and afterwards seeks refuge at SpongeBob's house, that starts the series of crazy events in the first place.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Opening.]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green [SpongeBob sees a worm inside his head.]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond Jones [Gary screeches at the worm.]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [SpongeBob names the worm Prickles.]
‣ Fates [#62] - Gregor F. Narholz [Prickles starts crying.]
‣ Drama Link (o) - Hubert Clifford [Prickles begs SpongeBob to let him stay.]
• Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Prickles sleeping inside SpongeBob's head.]
‣ Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Prickles invites more worms over.]
‣ Speed Freak - Freebie and the Bean, Freebie [Extreme Music] [Dance music/Dance music still playing after the time card.]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Open up, Gary! I'm still in my underwear!"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Sweet Dutchman's ghost!"]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob tries to hide the worms from Mr. Krabs.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What the heck is Squatter's rights?"]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Ooh, they're lawyering up!"/"Oh! That's the last straw!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["And don't come back until you're de-wormed!"]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton sees SpongeBob's head full of worms/"Ridding SpongeBob of his worms will put him forever in my debt."]
‣ House Worming Party 4 - Nicolas Carr [Plankton enters SpongeBob's head trying to crash the worm's party.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob spits out mangled Plankton.]
‣ Speed Freak - Freebie and the Bean, Freebie [Extreme Music] [Worm's party continues/SpongeBob goes to Patrick's rock.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sees Squidward.]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Squidward screams as he hoses down SpongeBob.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary growls as SpongeBob walks past.]
‣ Beer Festival - Dick Stephen Walter [Worm watching TV.]
‣ Do the Hitchhike - Syd Dale [Two worms in jacuzzi.]
‣ SpongeBob Rocks the House - Nicolas Carr [Worm dancing.]
‣ Old Creepy Feeling - John Scott [SpongeBob going nuts.]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob laughs crazily.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield [All of the worms finally leave SpongeBob's head.]
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, that's better."]
‣ Speed Freak - Freebie and the Bean, Freebie [Extreme Music] [Worms go to Squidward's house]
‣ ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Prickles the Worm in "Clam Up!"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Can of beans]
• Another Best Day Ever - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Prickles is continually annoyed by a clam.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Prickles realizes his home is gone.]
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz [The mailman is mauled.]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [The clam growls at Prickles.]
‣ Shark Attack (b) - John Fiddy [The clam chases Prickles.]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Prickles sees SpongeBob's house.]
• Another Best Day Ever - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17, The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom (UK version only), The Complete Tenth Season, and SpongeBob is a Doctor DVDs.
- This is the first time that Gary hates worms since "Pet or Pests."
- The flag on Squidward's pole resembles an inverted Ukrainian flag.
- This episode is similar to "Earworm," where both episodes involve SpongeBob having worms inside him, SpongeBob's worm problem causing trouble at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob losing his sanity due to his worm problem, the worms leaving him due to annoying noises, and end with the worms living inside Squidward.
- In "SpongeBob's Spookiest Scenes Countdown Special" a clip of Squidward uses the hose to make SpongeBob stay away from him fits in the 4:3 aspect ratio, despite being widescreen.
- This and "Mimic Madness" were the first season 10 episodes to premiere in 2017, as part of the Saturday Morning Hang Zone with Lincoln Loud event.
- This is the first time a short leads right up to where an episode starts.
- This is the second episode to focus on SpongeBob's pores. The first is "SpongeHenge."
- This is the only season 10 episode where Gary plays a major role.
- The title is a word play of housewarming.
- Squidward saying, "Hasta la vista, wormboy" is a reference to the "Hasta la vista, baby" catchphrase from Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- In the French title card for this episode, the text is still there, but it disappears when the credits start to fade in when the card fades away.
- When SpongeBob knocks on Patrick's door, his mouth calls out Patrick's name, but he is not heard speaking when he says that line.
- After Patrick is scared by SpongeBob's worms, he sees Squidward and yells his name repeatedly. When SpongeBob is yelling those words, his voice is out of sync with the animation.