- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- Eugene H. Krabs (mentioned)
- Sandy's robots (debut)
SynopsisThe episode starts at SpongeBob's house, and he is sleeping. After, SpongeBob gets ready for work, but Gary keeps on trying to tell him something. He realizes it's Sunday, so he goes back into bed. The phone rings and SpongeBob answers it, thinking it is Mr. Krabs wanting him to go to work, but it is Sandy. Sandy wants him to house sit for her. Then, Sandy tells him what to do. She wants him to see if the temperature at the greenhouse is regular, then she wanted him to make sure the worms in the incubator are okay, etc. Then, SpongeBob does his chores when she is gone and all of them are okay. But he discovers that a worm is hatching and that wasn't right, but it was Patrick. SpongeBob wants Patrick to go, but he talked him into staying here. Then he said "okay," but he wanted Patrick not to touch anything. Unfortunately, he does. Then SpongeBob accidentally hits a test tube and it hits one of Sandy's Robots, then everything inside the tree dome is destroyed by the robots, much to SpongeBob's dismay. Then, Sandy appears with a laser and SpongeBob and Patrick thinks that she is going to hurt them, but she turns the disaster into what it was before. She reveals that it was all just an experiment, and congratulates them for destroying her dome. She had wanted to destroy the dome so that she could test out her laser, which fixes destroyed objects. Then, SpongeBob drops one of her equipment, and everything inside is destroyed. Then, she thinks it is okay since she still has her laser. But a robot grabs it and destroys it. SpongeBob asks Sandy if she brought more than one of those lasers, but Sandy doesn't answer and her eye twitches, indicating that she had only one. As SpongeBob and Patrick leave the treedome in a hurry, the episode ends with Sandy angrily shouting out, "SpongeBob!"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Good morning to you too, Gary."]
‣ Cloak and Dagger [#69] - Phil Green [Gary shows calendar to SpongeBob]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sadly goes back to bed]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob answers the phone]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, hi, Sandy."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You need a house sitter today?"]
‣ An Underwater Conversation - Barry Anthony [kelp greenhouse]
‣ Big Bad Giant - Paddy Kingsland [robot warehouse]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [worm incubator]
‣ An Underwater Conversation - Barry Anthony [collection of rare artifacts]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy leaves on a bus]
‣ Musette Madeleine - Roland Kovac [SpongeBob dusting artifact collection]
‣ Hawaiian Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Unknown Track 7 - "What's that?"
‣ A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick appears]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob suddenly dehydrates.]
‣ A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Thanks, Patrick, you're a lifesaver."]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["PATRICK!"]
‣ Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You promised me you weren't gonna touch anything!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Is this close enough?"]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["Tell me again what you're gonna do."]
‣ Long Distance Mission [#20] - Phil Green [flask rolls into robot warehouse]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [robots break loose]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [pan of wreckage]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm a failure!"]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Sandy returns]
‣ Boy Wizard's Teacher - Paul Lawler [Sandy fixes everything]
‣ Fooling Around 1A - Barry Anthony ["Experiment?"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob, Patrick laugh]
‣ Long Distance Mission [#20] - Phil Green [flask rolls into warehouse again]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [robots break loose again]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [pan of wreckage again]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Extreme Kah-Rah-Tay, Complete Eighth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- House Sittin' for Sandy is the second episode where SpongeBob and Patrick house-sit for Sandy. The first is "Wormy."
- This episode was supposed to be paired with "Pet Sitter Pat," but was instead paired with "Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom."
- During the production of this episode, the crew members realized they forgot to put a water helmet on SpongeBob. Rather than re-working the entire episode to where he would wear one, they added the scene with Patrick, to put the helmet on SpongeBob, and the episode continues.
- Sandy's rubble reverse ray blaster makes the same sound as the Spot-Master 6000 in "The Krusty Plate."
- In Germany, the episode has two title cards.
- The title card for this episode is the same as the ones for "Dumped," "Patrick SmartPants," and "Penny Foolish," except in different colors. This one is orange and zoomed in much more.
- In this episode, as well as "SB-129" and "Something Smells," the Krusty Krab is closed on Sunday. However, in "Born Again Krabs," SpongeBob says while continuing the talk with the Flying Dutchman that he goes to work on every day of the week.
- This is the fourth episode where Gary has arms. The first is "Your Shoe's Untied," the second is "The Gift of Gum," and the third is "Grooming Gary."
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob wears a maid's outfit. The first was in "Can You Spare a Dime?"
- This episode premiered eight years after the release of the Christmas DVD and VHS and Nicktoons Christmas and six years after "Funny Pants" premiered.
- This episode premiered in Canada on Kristen Wiig's 39th birthday.
- The German title of this episode is "Der Hüter der Baumkuppel," or "The Guardian of the Treedome."
- This is the second time Sandy blushes, the first was in "Texas".
- Robots are destroying Sandy's treedome.
- Patrick was insisting that it "Wasn't (him)."
- SpongeBob is able to survive in the treedome as long as he can without putting on the water helmet unlike other episodes that took place in the treedome until he suddenly suffocates.