"Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16" was composed by Jeremy Wakefield. It is the sixteenth segment of the numerous "Hot Steel and Slide Licks." It features a short steel guitar lick being played which sounds similar to "Steel Licks 25". It plays in many episodes, starting with season 8. There are three versions of this segment.
Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16A
- 167b. "Bubble Buddy Returns" - SpongeBob deflates. (low-pitched -1½, slowed down)
- 183b. "Squid Defense" - Squidward gets tangled in his tentacles.
- 195a. "SpongeBob LongPants" - Squidward exits the theater. (slowed down)
- 208a. "Snooze You Lose" - "You're in a no-dancing zone."
- 222a. "Krabby Patty Creature Feature" - Everyone feels sick.
- 224a. "Squid Noir" - "And if I see that clarinet again, it'll be going into the woodwind chipper, you hear me?"
- 229b. "Moving Bubble Bass" - Bubble Bass laughs.
- 261b. "Hiccup Plague" - Krabs sighs.
- 269b. "Squidward's Sick Daze" - "You will not get that anywhere near my mouth." (high-pitched +2)
Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16B
- 170b. "Home Sweet Rubble" - "Oh, hey, SpongeBob."
- 251a. "Shell Games" - Tony tries to open the door of his shell.
- 261b. "Hiccup Plague" - "You can't catch the hiccups, you nitwit!" (sped up)
Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16C
- 195b. "Larry's Gym" - SpongeBob struggles to open the door.
- 204b. "The Whole Tooth" - Baby worms return to the old lady.
- 225b. "Pat the Horse" - "Okay, buddy, but remember you can still be anything."
- 228b. "Grandmum's the Word" - "SpongeBoob, you gotta help me!"
- 249a. "Sandy's Nutty Nieces" - "Excuse me."
- 264b. "Patrick's Tantrum" - "Sorry, Mr. Krabs, but I've got to see an ear doctor. I've been hearing a ringing in my ears all week."