- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Dream Patrick
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 114
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 155
- Shelley (cameo, cage only)
One morning, SpongeBob's pineapple home starts wilting. When SpongeBob wakes up, he's ready to give Gary breakfast, but when he sees his home's condition, he puts off feeding Gary until it's fixed. He boards up the sides, and is ready to feed him. However, his house only continues to rot, and SpongeBob realizes he need help, so he calls for Patrick. Patrick is dreaming that he is in an office, doing weird things on his desk. The phone rings and his secretary tells him there's a call from SpongeBob. When the message is put through, Patrick hears SpongeBob calling for help. Then, he wakes up and goes to the pineapple. Squidward comes over after hearing the ruckus and SpongeBob tells him he could use his help. Patrick grabs his arms and wraps him around the pineapple.
SpongeBob's arms are full, so he asks Patrick to call Sandy. However, with Patrick being his typical self, he fails to fully understand the problem, and he has small talk with her instead. When she hears part of the wall falling, she realizes that something is not right, so she goes to the pineapple. Mr. Krabs also comes over, asking what's going on, since SpongeBob is two hours late for work. They agree to help him, but Mr. Krabs will do it for one week of SpongeBob's wages per hour. They remodel the home as Gary continues to walk around with a can. Mr. Krabs and Sandy add their own flair to the house while remodeling it, both ignoring SpongeBob's protests. SpongeBob asks Gary, who is holding a can, if he ever feels like he's being ignored, and Gary assents.
When the rebuilding is complete, SpongeBob is not happy with the changes. He explores his new home and sees Gary is still hungry, so he takes a can from a shelf (being held by Squidward's hands). However, the weight of the can was the only thing keeping Squidward's hands in place, and the home collapses. Climbing out of the rubble, Squidward angrily chastises SpongeBob, but it's cut short by severe pain in his neck, so he goes home. SpongeBob, dejected, calls to have his home condemned. Gary presents SpongeBob with a can, and SpongeBob opens it. Out pops a pineapple, which lands on the rubble and is fully furnished inside. All this time, Gary was trying to show SpongeBob the can, which contained a fully furnished pineapple. SpongeBob reads off the front of the can, which says "Furnished Pineapple in a Can." SpongeBob then hugs Gary, saying "You're the best!," and then laughs happily.
- SpongeBob is about to feed Gary, but is distracted by something else.
- SpongeBob tries to tell everyone how he wants his pineapple to be remodeled, but doesn't get the chance to finish his sentences.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• A Pinapple Luau Faster - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob wakes up]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield [The house begins to fall.]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [SpongeBob's house falling apart]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, hey, SpongeBob."]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 4 - Phil Green [SpongeBob's house crashes into Squidward's]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Lend a hand?"]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 7 - Phil Green ["Patrick, call Sandy!"]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Oh, nothing."]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [long line of people at Krusty Krab]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Wait... why am I here?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Against my will, I might add."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["You got it, kiddo!"]
• Traveling Along in the Key of D No Organ - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Let's get this restoration underway!"]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green ["Well, of course we do, silly."]
• A Pineapple Luau - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["First, we clear out all this old junk."]
‣ Harry the Hippo [#56] - Phil Green [Patrick rolling a rock to SpongeBob's house]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["It's, uh..."]
• A Simple Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs gives SpongeBob the bill]
• The Donut Dilema - Nicolas Carr ["Well, here it is, Gary."]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The mustard flakes burn SpongeBob's eyes]
• Unholy Makarel - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [futuristic bathroom]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer ["I suppose it could be much worse."]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward unravels]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, Gary, there's one thing left to do"]
• A Pinapple Luau Faster - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 13, Complete Eighth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted, Home Sweet Rubble, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode premiered during the "Two Whole Weeks of Never Before Seen SpongeBob" event.
- This is the only season 8 episode on the Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted DVD.
- This episode has a similar title to the season 1 episode "Home Sweet Pineapple."
- It also has a similar plot to that episode, as both involve SpongeBob's pineapple vanishing, only to reappear at the end thanks to an ingredient used to retrieve pineapple houses.
- That episode's title is also referenced whenever SpongeBob says, "Well, it isn't exactly home sweet pineapple, but I suppose it could be much worse."
- In Patrick's dream, there are two pictures of him with his beard and his suit on from "Squidward's School for Grown-Ups."
- When Squidward's house is shaken, he screams, "It's the Big One!," a possible nod to "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One."
- The bathroom Sandy makes resembles Atlantis from the episode "Atlantis SquarePantis."
- This is the second episode in which SpongeBob is unable to live in his house. The first is "Home Sweet Pineapple."
- This is the third episode to parody the phrase "home sweet home" in the title. The first is "Home Sweet Pineapple" and the second is "Bucket Sweet Bucket." Also, all three episodes involve fixing the "home."
- This is the fourth episode where SpongeBob's pineapple rots or is rotting. The first is "Patty Hype," the second is "Sing a Song of Patrick," and the third is "The Great Patty Caper."
- This is the fourth episode to have a title card consisting a pineapple. The first time is "Home Sweet Pineapple," the second time is "Squid's Visit," and the third time is "Pineapple Fever."
- This is the only episode in season 8 that uses the track "On the Beach."
- This episode's title is a pun of the phrase "home sweet home."
- When SpongeBob was struggling to hold the wet, falling roof, the water was dark-blue, but at the moment it turned light-blue.
- When Patrick stretches Squidward, his eyes are off-centered to the right.