- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Dream Patrick
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Ivy (gray)
- Dennis (citizen)
- Billy (lime fish)
- Norma Rechid
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Shelley (cameo, cage only)
One morning, SpongeBob's pineapple home starts wilting. When SpongeBob wakes up, he's ready to give Gary breakfast, but when he sees his home's condition, he puts off feeding Gary until it's fixed. He boards up the sides, and is ready to feed him. However, the ceiling caves in, so he tries to keep it up. He stands under it and holds it up, calling for Patrick to help him. Patrick is dreaming that he is in an office, doing weird things on his desk. The phone rings and Sandy is on the other line and tells him it's from SpongeBob. When the message is put through, Patrick hears SpongeBob calling for help. Then, he wakes up and goes to the pineapple. Squidward comes over after hearing the ruckus and SpongeBob tells him he could use his help. Patrick grabs his arms and wraps him around the pineapple. Gary comes over with a can and meows, but SpongeBob doesn't listen to him.
SpongeBob's arms are full, so he asks Patrick to call Sandy. However, Patrick is too stupid to understand how badly he needs her help, and instead has small talk with her. When she hears part of the wall falling, she realizes that something is not right, so she goes to the pineapple. Mr. Krabs also comes over, asking what's going on, since SpongeBob is two hours late for work. They agree to help him, but Mr. Krabs will do it for one week of SpongeBob's wages per hour. They remodel the home as Gary continues to walk around with a can. Mr. Krabs remodels the home his way, as Sandy also remodels the home her way, both ignoring SpongeBob's protests. SpongeBob asks Gary, who is holding a can, if he ever feels like he's being ignored, and Gary assents.
When the rebuilding is complete, SpongeBob is not happy with the changes. He explores his new home and sees Gary is still hungry, so he takes a can from a shelf (being held by Squidward's hands). However, the weight of the can was the only thing keeping Squidward's hands in place, and the home collapses. Climbing out of the rubble, Squidward angrily chastises SpongeBob, but it's cut short by severe pain in his neck, so he goes home. SpongeBob, dejected, calls to have his home condemned. Gary presents SpongeBob with a can, and SpongeBob opens it. Out pops a pineapple, which lands on the rubble and is fully furnished inside. All this time, Gary was trying to show SpongeBob the can, which contained a fully furnished pineapple. SpongeBob opens the can, and then his house pops out on all the rubble. SpongeBob reads what the can reads, which says "Newly Furnished Pineapple in a Can." SpongeBob then hugs Gary, saying "You're the best!," and then laughs happily.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Pinapple Luau - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob wakes up]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (IX) - Jeremy Wakefield [The house begins to fall.]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [SpongeBob's house falling apart]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, hey, SpongeBob."]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 4 - Phil Green [SpongeBob's house crashes into Squidward's]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Lend a hand?"]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 7 - Phil Green ["Patrick, call Sandy!"]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Oh, nothing."]
‣ Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [long line of people at Krusty Krab]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Wait... why am I here?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Against my will, I might add."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["You got it, kiddo!"]
• Traveling Along in the Key of D No Organ - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Let's get this restoration underway!"]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green ["Well, of course we do, silly."]
• Pineapple Luau - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["First, we clear out all this old junk."]
‣ Harry the Hippo [#56] - Phil Green [Patrick rolling a rock to SpongeBob's house]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield ["It's, uh..."]
‣ A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs gives SpongeBob the bill]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr ["Well, here it is, Gary."]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The mustard flakes burn SpongeBob's eyes]
• Unholy Makarel - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [futuristic bathroom]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer ["I suppose it could be much worse."]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward unravels]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, Gary, there's one thing left to do"]
• Pinapple Luau - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Complete Eighth Season, Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode has a similar title to the season 1 episode "Home Sweet Pineapple."
- It also has a similar plot to that episode, as both involve SpongeBob's pineapple vanishing, only to reappear at the end thanks to an ingredient used to retrieve pineapple houses.
- This is the second episode after "Home Sweet Pineapple" where SpongeBob becomes unable to live in his house anymore.
- The third is "Unreal Estate".
- In Patrick's dream, there are two pictures of him with his beard and his suit on from "Squidward's School for Grown-Ups."
- When Squidward's house is shaken, he screams, "It's the Big One!," a possible nod to "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One."
- The bathroom Sandy makes resembles Atlantis from the episode "Atlantis SquarePantis."
- This is the third episode to have a name based on "Home Sweet Home," after "Home Sweet Pineapple" and "Bucket Sweet Bucket." Also, all three episodes involve fixing the "home."
- This is the fourth episode where SpongeBob's pineapple rots or is rotting. The first is "Patty Hype," the second is "Sing a Song of Patrick," and the third is "The Great Patty Caper."
- This is the fourth episode to have a title card with a pineapple. The first time is "Home Sweet Pineapple," the second time is "Squid's Visit," and the third time is "Pineapple Fever."
- This is the only episode in season 8 that uses "On the Beach."
- When SpongeBob says "Well, it isn't exactly home sweet pineapple, but I suppose it could be much worse," it is a reference to the episode of the same name.
- This episode premiered in the "Two Whole Weeks of Never Before Seen SpongeBob" event.
- This episode's working title is "The Pineapple Razing."
- This episode's name is a pun on the phrase "Home Sweet Home."
- When SpongeBob was struggling to hold the wet, falling roof, the water was blue, but at the moment it turned light-blue.
- When Patrick stretches Squidward, his eyes are off-centered to the right.
- When repeated on Nickelodeon on March 24, 2014, when the gang discusses what pineapples need, the credit roll began at the bottom of the screen way too early, with the United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo missing. They started up a second time once again with only the Nickelodeon Productions logo playing after SpongeBob was used to clean the toilet. Then they played with all closing logos intact at the end of the episode, which just happened to be immediately after the second credit roll.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are outside, the front door is open. The next shot has SpongeBob questioning the "support system." The shot after that shows Sandy walking up, and the door was closed.
- SpongeBob is about to feed Gary, but is distracted by something else.