- Nematodes (debut)
- Sea urchins
- Fred (cameo)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Harold SquarePants (debut)
- Margaret SquarePants (debut)
- Herb Star and Margie Star (mentioned as "parents")
- Spiders (mentioned)
SynopsisA crowd of hungry nematodes arrives in Bikini Bottom early in the morning. They eat through a variety of items, such as coral and a driving boatmobile with Fred still in it. They then make their way to SpongeBob's pineapple house. They pull out straws and start eating and drinking his house. Meanwhile, SpongeBob and Gary are inside, sleeping, as everything starts to shrink. SpongeBob and Gary wake up, run outside the house, now reduced to what SpongeBob thinks is a small pebble, and see what the nematodes have done. SpongeBob calls Squidward on the phone, and Squidward asks if it is time for SpongeBob to ruin his day. Then Patrick gets up and says "Is it already time to ruin Squid's day?" When Squidward sees that SpongeBob's house is gone, he starts saying goodbye to SpongeBob, but throws a party inside his house, with confetti and streamers flying out of his front windows. Now that the house is no longer there, SpongeBob says that he will have to move back in with his mom and dad. However, Patrick tells SpongeBob to build a new house and SpongeBob agrees with Patrick. Later, SpongeBob and Patrick attempt to build another pineapple house, but things fail. SpongeBob and Gary try to sleep with Patrick, but Patrick won't share his rock, which the two are using as a blanket, and they get into a tug-of-war. After Patrick's snoring makes SpongeBob put corks in his ears, he begins drooling in his sleep. SpongeBob absorbs the drool and waddles over to Patrick. He then puts a giant cork inside his mouth. Later, Patrick has dreams that spiders are attacking him, and hits SpongeBob repeatedly with the rock, crushing him. SpongeBob decides to sleep far away from Patrick, but when Patrick has another nightmare, he sleep-runs to where SpongeBob is and pounds him with his rock some more before heading back to where he was and going back to sleeping the way he normally does.
SpongeBob gives up sleeping with Patrick and goes to sleep with Squidward. SpongeBob asks Squidward for a glass of water, and Squidward, who is still half-asleep, brings him one. When they say goodnight to each other, Squidward realizes that SpongeBob is sleeping with him, and kicks Gary and SpongeBob out of his house, leaving SpongeBob and Gary without a place to stay for the rest of the night.
The next day, Squidward gets up early so he can see SpongeBob move back with his parents. When SpongeBob's parents arrive, Patrick begins crying hysterically and attempts to drag SpongeBob's family's car to a stop, and Squidward starts dancing and singing. SpongeBob finds a small pebble (the only thing left when the nematodes destroyed his house), and buries it where his house used to be, because it holds too many memories. He begins to tear up, and one tear falls on the spot where the pebble was planted. However, the "pebble" is actually a seed, and SpongeBob's tear waters the pineapple seed, which creates a massive vine on the ground, and sprouts the house out before retreating underground, crushing Squidward, who was dancing on the remains of SpongeBob's house with joy. SpongeBob is happy his house came back as he, his parents and Patrick rush over to go inside and everything is back to where it belongs. SpongeBob tells Squidward, while underneath the house, that his home is back forever, much to the latter's dismay.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Sunshine in Hawaii - Max Mahlmann [Title card]
‣ Me for You - George Callert [opening]
‣ Unpreventable - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob's house shrinking]
‣ Me for You - George Callert [nematodes burp]
‣ Hawaiian Farewell - George Elliott [SpongeBob's house is gone]
‣ Buenos Aires B - Norman Candler [Squidward throws a party]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick suggests building a new house]
‣ Orchestral Flourish 4 [#37.03] - Gregor F. Narholz [fanfare]
‣ Sunshine in Hawaii - Max Mahlmann [building montage]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Tartar sauce!"]
‣ Queen's Aloha Oe B - Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani [Patrick suggests living with him]
‣ South Sea Island Lullaby - George Elliott [that night/Patrick gets back to sleep.]
‣ Lullaby - David Farnon [at Squidward's]
‣ Honolulu March - Hans Haider [the next morning]
‣ South Pacific Island II - Victor Cavini [SpongeBob's parents arrive]
‣ Good Bye Samba A - Ben Nabor [Squidward dancing/SpongeBob's house is back.]
- This episode is available on the Home Sweet Pineapple DVD,and VHS, Complete 1st Season, The Complete First Season, Triple Pack 4, Big Hits: Volume 2, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 1, Beware the Hooks, Laugh Pack, From the Beginning, Pt.1, The 1st Season: Volume 1, The First & Second Seasons, Movies & TV Collection, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, First 100 Episodes, and Tea at the Treedome DVDs.
- "Home Sweet Pineapple" was ranked #87 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- This episode is the first to have the title card's writing in a handwritten font.
- This episode premiered in Canada on April 22, 2000.
- When the sped-up part of SpongeBob calling Squidward is slowed down, he says "...and the walls are closing in on me, Squidward. Gary is terrified too."
- The nematodes appear again in "Best Day Ever," where they consume the Krusty Krab and SpongeBob's pants.
- It is shown that Patrick has a hole in his home under the rock in the beginning of the episode, as do future episodes, but when SpongeBob spends the night, it is shown that under the rock is just leveled ground and Patrick uses the rock as a blanket.
- It is revealed that Patrick has a fear of spiders, also known as arachnophobia. In reality, arachnophobia is the most common fear among humans.
- When SpongeBob wears his cap, it's the same cap that he wore when show creator Stephen Hillenburg drew him as SpongeBoy.
- This is the first of four episodes transcribed as a comic into the SpongeBob SquarePants/Tokyopop book Tales From Bikini Bottom. The other three were "Prehibernation Week," "F.U.N." and "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic."
- This is the first episode to use the APM track "Unpreventable."
- In the Polish version, this episode is called "Nie ma jak w domu," which means "Home Sweet Home," the phrase that the episode title parodies.
- This episode hints at SpongeBob and Patrick's awareness of their annoyance towards Squidward, as Patrick says "Is it time already to ruin Squid's day?"
- This is the first time Patrick cries.
- After Squidward kicked SpongeBob and Gary out of his house, it is unknown where they went to sleep.
- The scene where Squidward's eyes pop open has become a popular internet meme.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are fighting over who has the rock, Gary, who is on the top of the rock, disappears. It's possible he went down when SpongeBob and Patrick keep fighting over the rock.
- This is one of the instances that the fourth wall is broken.
- This episode's name is a pun on the phrase "Home Sweet Home."
- When SpongeBob sits up on his bed, the back disappears.
- When SpongeBob decides to be rockmates with Patrick, their skin is darker.
- When SpongeBob is shivering, he is missing about three of his teeth, then one second later he goes back to having just two buck teeth again.
- When SpongeBob is shivering, the red line under his mouth is gone for a split second.
- Before Squidward returned to bed after giving SpongeBob a glass of water before he returned, the pillow is squared, only to fit for one person, but when Squidward goes to bed with SpongeBob, the pillow gets wide enough for two people.
- When SpongeBob waits for his parents, he carries his luggage even though his house and furniture was still gone.
- When Squidward is saying goodbye to SpongeBob, he is taller than usual.
- Near the end of the episode, SpongeBob wears his hat when he's going to plant the seed. Yet, when he actually plants the seed, his face is seen in close-up, but without the hat. After planting it, the hat reappears.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|