- Nematodes (debut)
- Fred (cameo)
- Gary the Snail
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Harold SquarePants (debut)
- Margaret SquarePants (debut)
- Herb Star and Margie Star (mentioned as "parents")
- Sea urchins
- Shelley (cameo)
- Spiders (mentioned)
In the beginning of the episode, a crowd of hungry nematodes arrive in Bikini Bottom early in the morning. They eat through a variety of items, such as coral and a driving boatmobile with Fred still in it. They then make their way to SpongeBob's pineapple house. They pull out straws and start eating and drinking his house. Meanwhile, SpongeBob and Gary are inside, sleeping, as everything starts to shrink. SpongeBob and Gary wake up, run outside the house, now reduced to what SpongeBob thinks is a small pebble, and see what the nematodes have done. SpongeBob calls Squidward on the phone, and Squidward asks if it is time for SpongeBob to ruin his day. Then Patrick gets up and says "Is it already time to ruin Squid's day?" When Squidward sees that SpongeBob's house is gone, he starts saying goodbye to SpongeBob, but throws a party inside his house, with confetti and streamers flying out of his front windows. Now that the house is no longer there, SpongeBob says that he will have to move back in with his mom and dad. However, Patrick tells SpongeBob to build a new house, and SpongeBob agrees with Patrick.
Later, SpongeBob and Patrick attempt to build another pineapple house, but things fail. SpongeBob and Gary try to sleep with Patrick, but Patrick will not share his rock, which the two are using as a blanket, and they get into a tug-of-war. After Patrick's snoring makes SpongeBob put corks in his ears, he begins drooling in his sleep. SpongeBob absorbs the drool and waddles over to Patrick. He then puts a giant cork inside his mouth. Later, Patrick has dreams that spiders are attacking him, and hits SpongeBob repeatedly with the rock, crushing him. SpongeBob decides to sleep far away from Patrick, but when Patrick has another nightmare, he sleep-runs to where SpongeBob is and pounds him with his rock some more before heading back to where he was and going back to sleep the way he normally does.
SpongeBob gives up sleeping with Patrick and goes to sleep with Squidward. SpongeBob asks Squidward for a glass of water, and Squidward, who is still half-asleep, brings him one. When they say goodnight to each other, Squidward realizes that SpongeBob is sleeping with him, and kicks Gary and SpongeBob out of his house, leaving SpongeBob and Gary without a place to stay for the rest of the night.
The next day, Squidward gets up early so he can see SpongeBob move back with his parents. When SpongeBob's parents arrive, Patrick begins crying hysterically and attempts to drag SpongeBob's family's car to a stop, and Squidward starts dancing and singing. SpongeBob finds a small pebble (the only thing left when the nematodes destroyed his house) and buries it where his house used to be because it holds too many memories. He begins to tear up, and one tear falls on the spot where the pebble was planted. However, the "pebble" is actually a seed, and SpongeBob's tear waters the pineapple seed, which creates a massive vine on the ground and sprouts the house out before retreating underground, crushing Squidward, who was dancing on the remains of SpongeBob's house with joy. SpongeBob is happy his house came back as he, his parents, and Patrick rush over to go inside and everything is back to where it belongs. SpongeBob then goes over to tell Squidward, who is underneath the floor, that his house is back forever, much to Squidward's dismay, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Sunshine in Hawaii - Max Mahlmann [Title card]
‣ Me for You - George Callert [opening]
‣ Unpreventable - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob's house shrinking]
‣ Me for You - George Callert [nematodes burp]
‣ Hawaiian Farewell - George Elliott [SpongeBob's house is gone]
‣ Buenos Aires B - Norman Candler [Squidward throws a party]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick suggests building a new house]
‣ Orchestral Flourish 4 [#37.03] - Gregor F. Narholz [fanfare]
‣ Sunshine in Hawaii - Max Mahlmann [building montage]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Tartar sauce!"]
‣ Queen's Aloha Oe B - Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani [Patrick suggests living with him]
‣ South Sea Island Lullaby - George Elliott [that night/Patrick gets back to sleep.]
‣ Lullaby - David Farnon [at Squidward's]
‣ Honolulu March - Hans Haider [the next morning]
‣ South Pacific Island II - Victor Cavini [SpongeBob's parents arrive]
‣ Good Bye Samba A - Ben Nabor [Squidward dancing]
- This episode is available on The Complete 1st Season, Home Sweet Pineapple, The 1st Season: Volume 1, Tea at the Treedome, Rock Bottom, My house, My pineapple, Beach Bob, The Ultimate Box Set, First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob SquarePants, iSponge Offer Pack, The Tom Kenny Collection (iTunes only), The Super Celebrations, Exposed!: The Ultimate Box Set, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 1, The Complete First Season, Beware the Hooks, From the Beginning, Pt.1, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Laugh Pack, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Triple Pack 4, The First & Second Seasons, Movies & TV Collection, Big Hits: Volume 2, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode is also available on a VideoNow Disc and the Home Sweet Pineapple VHS tape.
- "Home Sweet Pineapple" was ranked #87 during the Best Day Ever event from November 9–10, 2006.
- When the sped-up part of SpongeBob calling Squidward is slowed down, he says, "...and the walls are closing in on me, Squidward. Gary is terrified too."
- This episode hints at SpongeBob and Patrick's awareness of their annoyance towards Squidward, as Patrick says, "Is it time already to ruin Squid's day?"
- Or at least that Patrick is aware. SpongeBob, on the other hand, may not be aware, as, in the later episode "Squidville," he says, "We haven't improved Squidward's day yet."
- It is shown that Patrick has a hole in his home under the rock at the beginning of the episode, as do future episodes, but when SpongeBob spends the night, it is shown that under the rock is just leveled ground and Patrick uses the rock as a blanket.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are fighting over who has the rock, Gary, who is on the top of the rock, disappears. He could have went down when SpongeBob and Patrick keep fighting over the rock.
- It is revealed that Patrick has a fear of spiders, also known as arachnophobia. In reality, arachnophobia is the most common fear among humans.
- After Squidward kicks SpongeBob and Gary out of his house, it is unknown where they fell asleep.
- When SpongeBob wears his cap, it is the same cap that he wore when show creator Stephen Hillenburg drew him as SpongeBoy.
- This is the first episode for several things:
- The first episode to have the title card's writing in a handwritten font.
- The first episode centered around SpongeBob's pineapple.
- The first episode that SpongeBob is homeless.
- The first episode in which SpongeBob is unable to live in his house.
- The first appearances of SpongeBob's parents, Harold and Margaret SquarePants, as well as the first appearance of the Nematodes.
- The first time Bikini Atoll is shown in an episode.
- The first time Patrick cries.
- The first episode to use the APM tracks "Me for You," "Unpreventable," "South Pacific Island II," and "Good Bye Samba A."
- The first of four episodes transcribed as a comic into the SpongeBob SquarePants/Tokyopop book Tales from Bikini Bottom. The other three were "Prehibernation Week," "F.U.N." and "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic."
- In the Polish dub, this episode is called "Nie ma jak w domu," which translates to "Home Sweet Home," the phrase that the episode's English title parodies.
- This episode's title is a pun of the phrase "home sweet home."
- When SpongeBob sits upon his bed, the back disappears.
- When SpongeBob says, "I know. I'll call Squidward," SpongeBob blinks his eyes, but his eyelashes are still seen for a split second.
- When SpongeBob says, "I guess I'll have to move back with my mom and dad," Patrick's mouth goes missing for a split second.
- When SpongeBob is shivering, he is missing about three of his teeth, then a second later he goes back to having just two buck teeth again.
- When SpongeBob is shivering, the red line under his mouth is gone for a split second.
- When SpongeBob talks to Squidward and says, "Squidward, could we stay here a couple of days or a month or two?," SpongeBob blinks his eyes but his eyelashes are still seen for a split second.
- Before Squidward returns to bed after giving SpongeBob a glass of water, the pillow is square, only fit for one person, but when Squidward goes to bed with SpongeBob, the pillow is now suddenly rectangular and wide enough for two people.
- When SpongeBob waits for his parents, he carries his luggage even though his house and furniture were still gone.
- Near the end of the episode, SpongeBob wears his hat when he is going to plant the seed. Yet, when he plants the seed, his face is seen in close-up, but without the hat. After planting it, the hat reappears.
- When Squidward is saying goodbye to SpongeBob, he is taller than usual.
- SpongeBob and Patrick were supposed to sleep under the rock, not near it. Moreover, at the beginning of the episode, Patrick got up from under a rock.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|