- Dennis (citizen)
- Martha Smith
- Billy (lime fish)
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 47
- Jennifer Millie (normal; Charlie-colored)
- Sheldon (fish)
- Vera Fishbowl
- Nat Peterson
- Cara (normal; blue)
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Frankie Billy
- Norma Rechid (normal; Abigail Marge-colored)
- Paco (normal; kid version)
- Miss Shell
- Medley Fishbowl
- Nathiel Waters
- Tina Fran
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 106
- Jimmy Gus
- Perch Perkins
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Daydream SpongeBob Statue
- Gary the Snail
- Monroe Timmy
- Daydream Monroe Timmy
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 105
- Patrick Star
- Squidina's mother
- Bubble Bass
- Gale Rechid
- Harold (red fish)
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Patty Rechid (cameo)
- Susie Rechid
- Miss Rechid
- Old Man Jenkins
- King Neptune (Old Man Jenkins) (debut)
- Old Man Walker
- Senior 6
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Phil (yellow)
- Sandy Cheeks (cameo)
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- Farmer fish (debut)
- Unsatisfied customer (green)
- Husband fish (debut)
- Wife fish (debut)
- Elderly whale (debut)
- Poseidon (mentioned)
- Yellow business fish (debut)
- Pigtails girl (debut)
- Violet girl (debut)
- Some of the elderly fish from "Old Man Patrick"
- What Zit Tooya (green)
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Mevis (very small)
- King Neptune
- Seahorse carrier (debut)
The episode begins with SpongeBob planning to reach the surface of the ocean, only to fail and make the crowd of people cheering on him leave, disappointed. SpongeBob wonders why he didn't go up, but when Sandy tells him he needs anti-gravity to go up, he ties some balloons on himself to reach the ocean's top.
It turns out there's a patch of waste on the top of the ocean, and SpongeBob decides to check out the place. He eventually meets Old Man Jenkins up here too, who pretends to be Neptune. The two start throwing the objects around them at each other as a game. The objects fall down to the sky and the citizens use them for a variety of beneficial purposes.
It turns out Old Man Jenkins got here because he had floated up here due to being given balloons on his birthday. Meanwhile, the fish on the ground are asking Old Man Jenkins to give them more gifts via balloons.
SpongeBob decides to build a ladder out of the garbage to reach the citizens, while the citizens are angry as Neptune has stopped giving them gifts and they thought he got angry at them. However, all the citizens get too excited about seeing Neptune and when they climb up the ladder of garbage, it eventually topples and creates a giant mess in Bikini Bottom. The episode ends with Old Man Jenkins getting zapped by Neptune for imitating him, while SpongeBob is mistaken by Mr. Krabs as one of his cardboard cutouts.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr ["Perch Perkins' here for Bikini Bottom news."]
‣ Against All Odds - Paul Lawler ["Today, SpongeBob SquarePants will attempt the impossible!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 23 - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary greases SpongeBob's back.]
• Proud to Be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob imagines a statue of himself.]
‣ Steve's March - Sam Spence [SpongeBob trying to lift weights.]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs selling SpongeBob's souvenirs.]
• A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Hey, SpongeBob, what's new?"]
‣ Adventure - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob steps to the diving board.]
‣ ? [Drumroll.]
‣ Circus Parade (b) - Dick Walter [SpongeBob jumps off the diving board.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone walks away.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I just don't understand it."/"Anti-gravity?"]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Light bulbs come out of SpongeBob's head.]
‣ Fantasy Caper 1 - Paul Lawler [SpongeBob jumps off the diving board with balloons tied.]
‣ End the Show 1 - Barry Tattenhall ["I'm doing it! I'm doing it!"]
‣ Dinosaurs About - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Sea surface is full of trash.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm?"]
‣ The Ocean - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob walking through the trash surface.]
‣ ? [SpongeBob playing comb like a harp.]
‣ The Ocean - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob continues walking through the trash surface.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ ? [Nicolas Carr]
• Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Farmer puts comb on the back of his tractor.]
• Birth of the Krabby Patty - Nicolas Carr ["It's a gift!"]
‣ Boy Scout - Harold Smart [Scouts building a tent.]
‣ Bridal Chorus - Richard Wagner [Married couple arrive at home.]
‣ Four More Comical Cuts - Ronald Hanmer ["I'm sorry, honey. I couldn't afford the whole house, just the door."/Wife's mother is shown.]
‣ This Space for Hire - Sam Fonteyn [SpongeBob sees someone at the trash surface.]
‣ Circus Maximus - Jean-Pierre Fouquey ["Feel my power!"]
• What the Huh Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Old Man Jenkins?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 20 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm not Old Man Jenkins anymore, I'm King Neptune!"]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Old Man Jenkins throwing trash at each other.]
‣ World of Fantasy - Gregor Narholz [Bikini Bottomites blowing up balloons with messages.]
• A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You're not Poseidon, you're SpongeBob SquarePants."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["And you're Old Man Jenkins."]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalan [Old Man Jenkins' birthday party at Shady Shoals.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [Balloons popping and revealing messages.]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob building a ladder out of garbage.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Why isn't Neptune sending more gifts down for us?"]
• Five Divas Singing - Nicolas Carr [Choir.]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone climbing the ladder.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob puts the last object into the ladder.]
‣ Achievements in Aviation - Anthony Mawer ["Hey, look at that!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Old Man Jenkins climbing down the ladder.]
• Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Stop shaking the ladder!"]
‣ Requiem, Sanctus - Giuseppe Verdi ["I think I see him! It's Neptune!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Ladder staggering.]
• Porous Pursuit - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["It's Old Man Jenkins!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 36 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, it's SpongeBob!"]
‣ Caesar's Entry [#7.2] - Gregor Narholz ["Hooray for SpongeBob, he's our hero!"]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Trash ladder collapses.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone stuck in trash pile.]
‣ Salute to Caesar 2 - Gregor Narholz ["I'm King Neptune, king of the seven seas!"]
‣ The Pursuit of Power (a) - Keith Mansfield [Real King Neptune appears.]
‣ The Pursuit of Power (b) - Keith Mansfield [King Neptune zaps Old Man Jenkins.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I smell like toast."]
• Galley Cooks Shanty 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 18 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- When this episode originally aired, it was paired with a rerun of "Bunny Hunt." 
- The Great Pacific garbage patch is seen in this episode and acts as a barrier that prevents SpongeBob from reaching the surface of the ocean.
- This is the only season 11 episode where Incidental 103 appears.
- Despite Mr. Krabs' love of money and his knowledge in business, he is noticeably scammed by Bubble Bass in this episode, agreeing to give away Patrick for half the original price due to Bubble Bass claiming he is damaged.
- This is the ninth episode in which, at no point, SpongeBob wears his normal clothes. The first is "Ripped Pants," the second is "Walking Small," the third is "The Fry Cook Games," the fourth is "SpongeGuard on Duty" (not counting live-action SpongeBob costume), the fifth is "Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob," the sixth is "The Inmates of Summer," the seventh is "Jailbreak!," and the eighth is "Don't Wake Patrick."
- This episode formerly held the record for the least-watched episode of the entire series, accumulating a total of only 1.21 million U.S. viewers, beating the previous record holder, "Sanctuary!," which gained 1.28 million U.S. viewers. This record would not be broken until "ChefBob" having 1.04 million U.S. viewers.
- The way Bikini Bottomites send balloon messages to "King Neptune" is similar to the way Patrick and SpongeBob send bubble messages in "Naughty Nautical Neighbors."
- The acts of SpongeBob cleaning the ocean surface and the townsfolk finding better use for the trash is an important message to viewers to help stop water pollution and recycle trash.
- This is the last usage for the track "Hot Steel and Slide Licks 23" to play, until "Knock Knock, Who's There?"
- This is Old Man Jenkins' first ever major appearance in an episode.
- The episode's title, along with the activity SpongeBob does in the episode, is a reference to underwater diving, the activity of diving under the water's surface, which is sometimes called deep sea diving.
- When the Bikini Bottomites blow up balloons to send their wishes to "King Neptune," they do not knot them to keep the air in, with the balloons immediately knotting themselves.
- Most of the objects are floating up in the sea, but when SpongeBob and Old Man Jenkins are throwing them at each other, they sink.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/947672020849971201
- ^ (nickstory.fandom.com/wiki/April_6,_2018)