"Hide and Then What Happens?" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 7. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick's game of hide and seek goes downhill after SpongeBob can't find Patrick anywhere, not knowing he's where he'd least expect.
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mrs. Puff
- Mrs. Puff's students (mentioned)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Goo Lagoon beachgoers
- Bartender (debut)
- Patrick Not-Star (debut)
SpongeBob decides that he and Patrick should play hide and seek. However, Patrick doesn't know what the game is, so SpongeBob tries to explain it to him, but fails. SpongeBob then demonstrates it in a sock puppet version but Patrick still doesn't know how to play.
They then start the game anyways, but Patrick quits before SpongeBob finishes counting, and goes to his home. SpongeBob then finishes counting and starts looking for Patrick. He looks for Patrick at Squidward's house, under the Krusty Krab sign, and at Mrs. Puff's Boating School. Then he goes to look for him at Sandy's treedome. Sandy catches SpongeBob looking for Patrick and she gives him a submarine to look for Patrick.
SpongeBob then goes on an adventure in the submarine before running out of fuel in a stormy area. He begins walking and bumps into a sign, welcoming him to a café and gift shop called The End of the World. He goes inside and asks the clerk if he's seen Patrick. The clerk points to a pink starfish and SpongeBob thinks it is Patrick. However, the pink starfish explains that he is Patrick Not-Star and SpongeBob starts crying because Patrick won at hide and seek. However, Patrick Not-Star explains to SpongeBob that games are about having fun, so SpongeBob cheers up.
SpongeBob then walks over to Patrick's rock and leaves him a note saying how he's good at Hide and Seek. At that moment, Patrick comes out of his rock and SpongeBob realizes he was under there the whole time. Patrick then reads the note and thanks SpongeBob. Patrick then tells SpongeBob he has another question and he asks SpongeBob "What's Hide and Seek?"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Another Best Day Ever - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Opening]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["What's hide-and-seek?"]
• Goofy Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob's socks on his hands]
• Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick cries]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob deciding where to hide]
‣ Vibraphone, "I've Been Hypnotized!" - Sound Ideas [Patrick thinking]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob finishes counting]
• Tip Toe Through the Seaweed - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob looking for Patrick]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield ["This is gonna be harder than I thought."]
‣ Bucaneers 3 [#6] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob running toward Squidward]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward sighs]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What the...?"]
‣ Dramatic Impact (5) - Ivor Slaney ["Head for the shelter!"]
• Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob pulling letters off the Krusty Krab sign]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [boating school]
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston ["I'm trying to lift this boat. I think Patrick's hiding underneath it."]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff lifts the boat]
• Steel Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff panting]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [a burning tire rolls by]
‣ Apprehensive 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob looking for Patrick at Sandy's house]
‣ Buccaneer Overture - David Arkenstone [submarine]
• Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob enters at the café to find Patrick]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick Not-Star]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, you're right!"]
• Hooka - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip, Complete Seventh Season, It Came from Goo Lagoon, The Krabby Patty Recipe Theft, 3 DVD Value Pack, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 11, Season 7 Volume 4, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- Patrick is shown not to know how to play hide and seek, but in "Wormy," he already knows how to.
- The background for the title card looks similar to the title card for "The Algae's Always Greener" and "The Thing."
- SpongeBob is seen taking the letters off the Krusty Krab, but in "Krusty Krab Training Video," it is revealed Mr. Krabs painted them onto the sign.
- Some airings have this episode paired with "Tunnel of Glove."
- During the theme song, this is the first episode to adapt to using the new Nickelodeon logo which is seen with the show's logo.
- When SpongeBob picks up a pink cone-shaped piece of coral from the ground, thinking it is Patrick's head, it is a reference to the episode "Patrick SmartPants."
- This is the sixth episode with a question mark on the episode's name. The previous ones being "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?", "Have You Seen This Snail?", "Can You Spare a Dime?" and "Christmas Who?."
- This episode was included along with "Shellback Shenanigans" as special features on the SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip, DVD even though the episodes are not from the same season as the other episodes on that are the DVD.
- Irony: SpongeBob rejects Patrick's house because it would be too obvious, but right after he leaves, Patrick comes out.
- The close-up of SpongeBob as he looks for Patrick near a sea anemone was used for the "Up next" banners from 2012 to 2014.
- It would be impossible for Sandy's submarine's windshield to be unscathed after smashing through Sandy's treedome, due to them supposedly both being made of the same polyurethane material.
- The submarine could not have moved while in the treedome as there was no water in it. The submarine shows bubbles being made from the propeller from inside the waterless treedome as well.
- When SpongeBob looks around and sees Patrick's house, neither Squidward's nor SpongeBob's houses are shown.
- When the submarine runs out of fuel and crashes, SpongeBob can clearly be seen inside the cockpit, piloting the submarine. In the next shot, when the fuel alarm goes off, he is in the bathroom, shaving.