The Hash Slinging Slasher is the main character in a story told by Squidward on the episode The Graveyard Shift. Squidward told SpongeBob the story and convinced him that it was true. SpongeBob could not pronounce his name at first. Then Squidward told him that it was all a joke. Later that night, it seemed that the story was becoming true. The Hash Slinging Slasher, or what they thought was him, came to apply for a job at the Krusty Krab.
- Technically he does exist.
- The inside of his nose must be red, as when he appears to have eyes, they are red.
- SpongeBob screams 27 times from shock after being told the story of the slasher. When Squidward assures him the slasher story is made up, SpongeBob laughs eight times hysterically.
- In this episode the Krusty Krab closes at seven but in the Krusty Krab Training Video the resturant closes at six.
- When he is outside his nostrils are red, but when he is inside, they are black.
- When Squidward says, "The walls will ooze green slime! No, wait, they always do that," in all the other Krusty Krab episodes, the walls have never been shown oozing green slime.
- His Brazilian name is "Ze do Picadinho" (Stew Joe).
- There are three signs of his presence.
- The lights will flicker on and off. (Nosferatu flickered the lights)
- The phone will ring and there will be nobody there.
- The ghost of the bus that ran him over will drop him off.
- They thought to be Hash Slinging Slasher said he was going to apply for a frycooking job but SpongeBob it the main and only frycook.