This article is in need of a better quality video. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better video.
Halloween is a Halloween-themed SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that was released on August 27, 2002 and contains a total of ten episodes. It features three episodes from season 1, five episodes from season 2, and two episodes from season 3.
|13a - "Scaredy Pants"|
|24b - "Imitation Krabs"|
|34b - "Frankendoodle"|
|13b - "I Was a Teenage Gary"|
|11b - "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost"|
|35a - "The Secret Box"|
|35b - "Band Geeks"|
|34a - "Welcome to the Chum Bucket"|
|42b - "My Pretty Seahorse"|
|44b - "Idiot Box"|
|List of home videos|
- The back cover of this DVD contains pictures from the following episodes:
- Three pairs of sister episodes appear in this DVD, as follows: "Scaredy Pants"/"I Was a Teenage Gary," "The Secret Box"/"Band Geeks," and "Welcome to the Chum Bucket"/"Frankendoodle."
- This DVD was re-released in a Holidays with SpongeBob DVD box set on November 15, 2011, as well as when it was re-released on September 9, 2014, and in the SpongeBob ScaryPants Collection DVD box set released on September 9, 2014.
- The advertisement for this DVD also promoted the Rugrats: Halloween DVD/VHS.
- This is the first DVD for six things:
- The first DVD to have episodes that had not been released on VHS (and besides Band Geeks never would be).
- The first DVD to only include episodes that had already aired on television.
- The first DVD to be holiday themed.
- The first SpongeBob DVD with only one character on the cover.
- The first DVD to include multiple season 3 episodes.
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD to be released by Paramount Home Video. This is because the first SpongeBob DVD, Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies, was made by the Metropolis DVD company.
- The original 2002 DVD has no previews, but the VHS version does have previews.
- 2011 Canadian copies contain previews from around 2006, meaning the source version used for current printings was first made then.
- This is the last SpongeBob DVD to say "Nickelodeon DVD" on the cover.
- The credits do not come after the last episode on this disc, unlike most other DVDs. The only way to see the credits is to access them through the special features menu.
- The Polish version of this DVD contains the episodes "Scaredy Pants," "Pickles," "Hall Monitor," "I Was a Teenage Gary," "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," "Karate Choppers," "Squeaky Boots," and "Opposite Day."
- This DVD was released in the USA and Canada about five weeks prior to October despite being Halloween-themed.
- However, in the UK and France, it was released in October.
- The VHS version of this DVD only contains all of the season 1 and some of the season 2 episodes that are on the DVD.
- In a trailer promoting this and "Rugrats: Halloween," it shows clips from "Something Smells," "Wormy," and Graveyard Shift." However, none of those episodes are on this DVD.
- Since the release of the 2011 DVD, some copies with the 2002 cover and 2011 disc have been sold in stores.