This article is in need of a better quality video. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better video.
Halloween is a Halloween-themed SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that was released on August 27, 2002 and contains a total of ten episodes. It features three episodes from season 1, five episodes from season 2, and two episodes from season 3.
The front shows the SpongeBob SquarePants logo alongside a "Nickelodeon DVD" logo on orange wood. There is also a logo with text at the bottom that says "5 spooky sea tales." The background shows SpongeBob standing next to a giant Jack-o-Lantern in his living room.
|13a - "Scaredy Pants"|
|24b - "Imitation Krabs"|
|34b - "Frankendoodle"|
|13b - "I Was a Teenage Gary"|
|11b - "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost"|
|35a - "The Secret Box"|
|35b - "Band Geeks"|
|34a - "Welcome to the Chum Bucket"|
|42b - "My Pretty Seahorse"|
|44b - "Idiot Box"|
|List of home videos|
- This is the first Holiday-themed SpongeBob DVD, as well as the only released in 2002.
- Three pairs of sister episodes appear in this DVD are as follows: "Scaredy Pants"/"I Was a Teenage Gary," "The Secret Box"/"Band Geeks," and "Welcome to the Chum Bucket"/"Frankendoodle."
- This DVD was re-released in a Holidays with SpongeBob DVD box set on November 15, 2011, and in the SpongeBob ScaryPants Collection box-set released on September 9, 2014.
- The VHS version only contains the first five episodes. This was the first DVD to contain bonus episodes that are not included on VHS at the time.
- This DVD was released in the year of Paramount's 90th anniversary, 2002.
- And also this is the first DVD to celebrate Paramount's 90th anniversary and the second DVD is Sea Stories.
- This DVD is rated PG in Canada.
- The original 2002 DVD has no previews, but the VHS does have previews.
- 2011 copies contain previews from around 2006, meaning the source version used for current printings was first made then.
- This, Sea Stories, Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies, Lost at Sea, Tales from the Deep, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (DVD), The Complete 1st Season, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (DVD), The Complete First Season, Movies & TV Collection, The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom (DVD), SpongeBob SquarePants Holiday Collection, The SpongeBob Movie Collection and The First & Second Seasons are the only SpongeBob SquarePants DVD's to be rated PG in the United States.
- The credits do not come after the last episode on this disc, unlike most other DVDs. The only way to see the credits is to access them through the special features menu.
- This DVD and its VHS counterpart were released on the same day "Bubblestand" and "Ripped Pants" premiered in Germany.
- The Polish version of this DVD contains the episodes "Scaredy Pants," "Pickles," "Hall Monitor," "I Was a Teenage Gary," "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," "Karate Choppers," "Squeaky Boots," and "Opposite Day."
- This DVD was released in the US and Canada two months prior to October despite being Halloween-themed.
- However, in the UK, it was released in October.
- In a trailer promoting this and "Rugrats: Halloween," it shows clips from "Something Smells, Wormy, and Graveyard Shift". However, none of those episodes are on this DVD.
- This DVD never released on Latin America and Brazil, but the 2011 reissue was released.
- Since the release of the 2011 DVD, some copies with the 2002 cover and 2011 disc have been sold in stores.