- Abigail Marge
- Debbie Rechid
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Guinevere (mentioned)
- Dave (normal; Fred-(red-shirt)-like)
- Victor Krabs (possible image in Mr. Krabs' office; debut)
- Shubie Peterson
- Norma Rechid
- Shelly Fishbowl
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Martha Smith
- Frankie Billy
- Nathiel Waters
- Delivery fish
- Tina Fran
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Fred (blue)
SynopsisIt starts as a normal day at the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs is counting his money, but when he gets to his 456th coin, he accidentally splits his nail. He calls in for an appointment and they said they had an open time now. He then flips the mustache on his grayscale picture, goes down a plank, and heads to the door. When he gets to the door, SpongeBob asks him where he's going. Mr. Krabs said it is "top secret." SpongeBob then questions that Mr. Krabs has a secret. Then he asks who is going to be in charge when he's gone.
Since Squidward is too lazy, he puts SpongeBob in charge of the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is determined to do a great job when he is in charge. He wakes up Squidward, who is asleep, and tells him to continue working. Squidward knows that SpongeBob is easy to fool, so he said that he is supposed to rest, and to not wake him up.
When SpongeBob asks him who is going to take orders, Squidward tells him to do it. SpongeBob knows he has to cook Krabby Patties, give them to the customers, and to clean the toilets. So, Squidward lies again by pointing to Frank and said he wants to be a fry cook, and lets him cook his own patties. So, SpongeBob lets Frank cook the patties.
Then, Squidward sees SpongeBob serving the food to the customers, and Squidward says that SpongeBob's hands are filthy, but his feet are clean (In reality, it is reverse). So, SpongeBob serves the food with his feet with a customer being grossed out. Later, SpongeBob orders some decorations to make the Krusty Krab look nicer. Squidward lies once again and told SpongeBob that Mr. Krabs keeps the Krusty Krab a dump to make the food seem to taste better. So, SpongeBob covers the entire inside of the Krusty Krab with mud and slime . The customers start to leave, and Squidward said to bring them back, SpongeBob must provide some entertainment for them.
SpongeBob starts to do an Russian and Irish combination dance, and the customers start to become afraid of him. Soon enough, Mr. Krabs gets back and he finds SpongeBob doing the Russian and Irish dance and the customers cowering in fear, the Krusty Krab is a filthy mess, some stranger cooking the patties and Squidward sleeping on the job (which is normal according to Mr. Krabs). SpongeBob explains he did everything Squidward told him by telling him secrets. Mr. Krabs thinks Squidward told him about his split nail, so, since SpongeBob is still in charge, Mr. Krabs has to clean dishes, and he accidentally hurts his finger again. The episode ends with SpongeBob Irish dancing to the frightened customers.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["I split me nail."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 17 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [phone call]
‣ Slinky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs tries to sneak out]
‣ Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["It's... a secret."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Hawaiian sting]
‣ Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Mr. Krabs thinking who's gonna be in charge while he's gone]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Krabs leaves SpongeBob in charge]
‣ Great Moments - Gregor F. Narholz ["You okay, boy?"]
‣ Glory Road - Sam Fonteyn [SpongeBob shoots into the air]
‣ Maui Beach - Hans Haider [Squidward sleeping]
‣ Comic Walk - Nicolas Carr ["Nap time's over, Squidward."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Krabs is gone?"]
‣ Comic Walk - Nicolas Carr [Squidward goes back to sleep]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Order up, Squidward!"]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward watching TV]
‣ Drinks Party - Marc Dall'Anese ["Hey, buddy. Yeah, it's me."]
‣ Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Bet you didn't think you'd be in here today, did you?"]
‣ Sliding 2 - Hans Ehrlinger, Roy Etzel ["SpongeBob, what are you doing?"]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You're serving Krabby Patties with your hands?!"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [shot of SpongeBob's foot]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob serving food with his feet]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [door hits SpongeBob]
‣ The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Now that I'm in charge, I've decided to decorate the Krusty Krab!"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gets an idea]
‣ Pirate's Opus - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward tells SpongeBob to make the Krusty Krab more filthy]
‣ Shellfish Behavior - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob putting garbage everywhere]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [customers start to leave]
‣ Steel Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["If you want the customers to stay, you need to provide some entertainment."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 17 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs returns]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What the...?"]
‣ Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston ["SpongeBob dancing like a goofball?"]
‣ In a Minor Mood Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["He told me all your secrets."]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs doing dishes]
‣ Kalinka - Helmut Kirchgaessner [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Last Stand, Season 6 Volume 2, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This was the fifth and last episode to premiere during the Nickelodeon's "Deep Sea Danger Zone" marathon.
- Although this episode premiered in 2009, it was made in 2008 according to the credits.
- Mr. Krabs dialed the number "555-9137" on the telephone.
- Nat Peterson has a new relationship with Tina Fran in this episode.
- SpongeBob's dances are similar to a Russian dance and Irish dance.
- This episode marks the second time the basement of the Krusty Krab is seen. The first is in "Bucket Sweet Bucket."
- This is the second time where a certain background fish has a major role in an episode. In this case, it is Frank.
- This episode marks the second time Mr. Krabs lets an employee be in charge of the Krusty Krab. The first is in "Squid's Day Off."
- This episode marks the second time Mr. Krabs works at the Krusty Krab as a regular employee. The first is in "Selling Out."
- This episode premiered three years after The Best of Nickelodeon: Summer Adventures was released, two years after Bikini Bottom Adventures was released, and one year after "Sun Bleached" premiered.
- In Indonesia, the part when Squidward laughs until Frankie gives Debbie food is always skipped.
- This is the second time that Victor Krabs was possibly shown in a photo. The first was "Mid-Life Crustacean."
- In the opening shot of the Krusty Krab dining area, Dennis is shown eating with Tyler, but in the scene where it pans past the dining area while Mr. Krabs is under the floorboards, he is shown eating with Francis. In the scene where Krabs looks at the dining like a periscope, Dennis is back with Tyler.
- In the opening shot of the Krusty Krab dining area, Abigail Marge is shown eating with Nat, but in the scene where it pans past the dining area while Mr. Krabs is under the floorboards, Abigail Marge is shown eating with Thaddeus.
- Thaddeus is later shown eating with Sadie.
- In the opening shot of the Krusty Krab dining area, Tyler is not wearing a hat, but in the scene where Mr. Krab looks at the dining like a periscope, Tyler is shown wearing a hat.
- In the opening shot of the Krusty Krab dining area, Lenny is shown wearing a light blue shirt, but in the scene where Mr. Krabs looks at the dining like a periscope, Lenny is wearing a brown-green shirt. It returns to the light blue shirt in the shot where Frank first appears.
- In the scene where Mr. Krabs looks at the dining area like a periscope, Lenny is shown eating with Mable-Monica, but in the shot mention in the last sentence in the point above, he is shown eating with Ivy.
- In some shots, the screen flickers black for a second.
- When the episode ends with SpongeBob doing the Russian Irish dance to the scared customers, the mud and slime are missing in the background.