| But I can certainly learn!
This article is in need of one or more references. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia to add more references.
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Tiny seagulls (debut)
- Pearl Krabs
- Fish on Pearl's posters
- Peanut worms (debut)
- Mrs. Puff
- Patrick Star (cameo)
- Santa Claus (mentioned)
- Officer John Slugfish
- Officer Rob Johnson (last name revealed)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Squidward's house
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- King Neptune (mentioned)
Mr. Krabs is about to brush his teeth, when suddenly a "gray cork" is pushed in his bathroom wall and the toothpaste cap falls off of the sink. Pearl calls for help, and when Mr. Krabs goes upstairs, he sees her growing rapidly. Pearl needs food because she is, as it seems, going through a growth spurt. He finds the fridge, brings it upstairs, and Pearl eats the entire fridge, but it isn't enough.
After Pearl threatens to eat Mr. Krabs' money, Krabs sneaks into Mrs. Puff's vegetable garden and steals all of her peanut worms, thinking they are peanuts, to feed to Pearl, but realizes they are not peanuts when they start spitting up on him. Mr. Krabs tries to escape but Mrs. Puff hits the fence piece Mr. Krabs is on with a crowbar, sending Mr. Krabs flying away from her.
He then looks in Patrick's house for food and finds nothing but inedible food made out of sand. Mr. Krabs finds Patrick sleeping in his cereal bowl and steals it. After feeding it to Pearl, she still wants more food.Mr. Krabs then goes into Squidward's house, steals all of his food, and feeds it to Pearl, but she still yells for more. He goes to SpongeBob's house and is about to get some food until SpongeBob notices. Squidward then comes in and angrily explains that Mr. Krabs is a food thief. He is about to call the police and ignores threats of firing him, Mr. Krabs pleas that he'll give something. Squidward sarcastically asks if Mr. Krabs will give him his gold tooth, something the latter does after removing. SpongeBob remarks that he had no idea that Mr. Krabs had such a thing and Squidward states he didn't either but takes it anyway and leaves.
Mr. Krabs cries and SpongeBob tells him that his tooth will heal. Mr. Krabs isn't worry about that since those nerves died years ago, he tells SpongeBob that he needs to feed his daughter. SpongeBob asks why he doesn't take her to the Krusty Krab, as the latter says that'll deplete his inventory. SpongeBob laughs and says he'll makes one Krabby Patty that tastes like a million.
They bring Pearl to the restaurant where SpongeBob feeds Pearl who not only stops feeling hungry but stops growing too and is back to normal. Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob what ingredient he used to make the patty stop Pearl's problem and the fry cook tells Mr. Krabs that love was the secret ingredient. Mr. Krabs laughs and then stops soon realizing that SpongeBob was right.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Twin Sisters - Chelmsford Folk Band [Title card]
‣ My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean - Nicolas Carr [Opening]
‣ ? [Mr. Krabs smells his breath]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Whoa! Blarney stone, that's a horrible reek!"]
‣ My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs brushes his teeth]
‣ ? [Something crashes through the wall]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs stops]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["That's strange."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [Pearl yelling]
‣ King of the Giants (d) - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Pearl growing]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Pearl eats the whole refrigerator]
‣ Unknown Track 98 - rimshot
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Darling, I searched the entire house. There's not a speck of food to be spoken of."]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Mr. Krabs looking for food]
‣ Sword Fight - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Peanut worms spitting at Mr. Krabs]
‣ What? - Sven Perner ["Who's there? I'm warning you. I have a blunt instrument here, and I'm not afraid to use it."]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs runs to Patrick's rock]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs opens Patrick's refrigerator]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Jackpot!"]
‣ Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Mr. Krabs only finds food made of sand/Krabs takes Patrick's bowl of Kelpo]
‣ Synopsis - Frank Harlow ["There, there, my darling."]
‣ Lovely Scenery (c) - Mladen Franko ["We'll make sure he never walks again!"]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cops]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs runs by]
‣ Slinky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs takes all of Squidward's food]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Cop notices Mr. Krabs]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["What's with the sack?"]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [Police siren goes off]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - Mr. Krabs is dropped off at his house
‣ King of the Giants (c) - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Mr. Krabs feeds Pearl]
‣ Terror - Alan Braden ["More!"]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I was afraid you were gonna say that."]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - Mr. Krabs climbs a hill
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs sees SpongeBob's house]
‣ Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford ["I wasn't stealing food!"]
‣ Fates - Gregor F. Narholz ["SpongeBob, I'm sorry! I had no other choice!"]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Just give me one minute to change."]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["G-g-good idea, SpongeBob. That sounds just perfect."]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Squidward enters]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs cries]
‣ Hello Sailor (b) - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob suggests taking Pearl to the Krusty Krab]
‣ Dirgey - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [Pearl moaning]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob feeds Pearl a Krabby Patty]
‣ Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The ending]
- This episode is available on The Great Patty Caper, Complete Seventh Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of June 18, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 4.4/10 based on 325 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.2/10 based on 148 votes.
- At the beginning, Mr. Krabs says "growth spout," but at the end, when he is talking to SpongeBob, he says "growth spurt" like it should be said.
- There are 16 whales on the title card.
- This is the fourth episode in which Squidward's house comes to life and talks. The first is "The Secret Box," the second is "Good Neighbors," and the third is "Funny Pants."
- This is the second time a character grows. The first was Squidward in "Giant Squidward."
- As seen in "Bossy Boots" and "Whale of a Birthday," Pearl actually hates Krabby Patties, but in this episode, she willingly eats one. It is likely that this episode takes place after those two or Pearl really needs food so she is willing to eat any.
- This episode had a rerun with "Gullible Pants."
- SpongeBob only appears in the final two scenes of this episode.
- This is the second episode where a character has been able to sense that something is going on in real life while they are sleeping (in this case, it is Mrs. Puff while Mr. Krabs loots her vegetable garden). The first is Mr. Krabs in "Krabs à la Mode" when Plankton touches the Krusty Krab thermostat.
- This episode takes place in October because of Officer John saying to Mr. Krabs, who claims that he is practicing to be Santa Claus, "Be seeing you in a couple of months."
- This also means that this episode takes place after "Christmas Who?" because they know who Santa Claus is.
- This episode marks the first time that the APM track "Terror" plays.
- This episode marks the last time that "The Twin Sisters" plays.
- The title is a play on the phrase growth spurt and the word "spout."
- At the start of the episode, Mr. Krabs sings an alteration of "My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean," which plays in the episode "Sleepy Time."
- When Mr. Krabs runs in front of the policeman, their vehicle has only three tires instead of four.
- When Mr. Krabs spots SpongeBob's pineapple, Squidward's and Patrick's houses are absent from the scene.
- In the beginning, Pearl's fin grows. However, when a full-bodied version of her is seen, she is normal before the growth spout happens.
- Pearl's feet grow up at the start of the episode. However, she is seen wearing her boots at the Krusty Krab.
- When Mr. Krabs says "I'm coming, princess!" when he runs out the door, Pearl's fin leaves the bathroom.
- When the police leave Mrs. Puff's house, the peanut worms are gone.
- Mr. Krabs stealing food for Pearl.
- Pearl growing and demanding more food after each meal.