- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 107
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 25
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 37B
- E.M.I.L.P. (mentioned)
- Flavor Fairy (mentioned)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Short construction worker
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 9
- Karen Plankton
- Patrick Star
- Health Inspector (single appearance)
- Monty P. Moneybags (mentioned)
While delivering an order to a customer, SpongeBob slips on a puddle of grease on the floor. Upon further inspection, he, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward see that the restaurant's grease trap is full and has not been cleaned in some time. Mr. Krabs notes that he needs two employees to clean it for no extra pay, and Squidward camouflages himself into thin air, leaving SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs to do the job. That night, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs siphon the grease from the trap into a tanker truck and take it to be "disposed of" by illegally dumping it behind the Chum Bucket. SpongeBob questions whether it is legal to dump all the grease behind the Chum Bucket, but as Mr. Krabs has no qualms about performing an illegal activity and the owner of the Chum Bucket, Plankton, is his worst enemy, he tells SpongeBob not to worry.
The next morning, Plankton slips on the grease while taking out the trash, confused as to how it got there. It smells horrible, but upon tasting it, he finds it delicious. He takes advantage of the situation by putting it into his Chummy Patties. Later that day, Mr. Krabs sees that Plankton has a whole line of customers outside his restaurant, which is very unusual but then spots a sign that reads the Chum Bucket is now serving "Chummy Patties with edible flavor," which is Chummy Patties soaked in Krusty Krab grease. He goes to question Plankton about it, who says that he had a visit from the "flavor fairy."
Realizing that it was the grease that he dumped that gave Plankton's chum its flavor, Mr. Krabs instructs SpongeBob to cook two patties for everyone who ordered, using the grease from the second to fry the first. SpongeBob thinks that it is unhealthy, but does as he is told. Mr. Krabs promotes this as a "Deluxe Krabby Patty," which attracts Plankton's customers towards the Krusty Krab. Plankton figures out that it was Mr. Krabs that dumped the grease, so he creates "New Chummy Patties packed with Quadruple Grilled Goodness," which steals Mr. Krabs' customers again. Everyone is becoming very unhealthy from eating greasy patties, but they cannot stop eating them. Mr. Krabs makes SpongeBob put even more grease in the patties, and after slipping in some grease in which SpongeBob dropped some buns on an hour ago, Mr. Krabs decides to create Krabby Patties with "Yummy Bunz," which are only just patties with their buns soaked in grease. In response, Plankton creates "Crispity Crunchities," which are just burnt grease crumbs. Mr. Krabs then creates "Wow! Soup," which is just pure grease on a paper plate. When SpongeBob walks out of the kitchen, he realizes that the Krusty Krab, the customers, and the ground outside are covered in grease and the customers are extremely sick. SpongeBob starts to have second thoughts about the greasy foods that Mr. Krabs and Plankton are serving. When SpongeBob sees an obese Patrick walking into the restaurant to get some "Crunchity Munchities," he decides that enough is enough.
SpongeBob calls the health inspector, which Mr. Krabs and Plankton fear. When the health inspector arrives and questions what had happened, SpongeBob tries to tell him that Mr. Krabs and Plankton are feeding people grease, but he is cut off by Mr. Krabs and Plankton, who stuffs him in a bin. He then repeatedly says "They've been feeding people-", only to be cut off every time by being knocked on the head with the bin lid by Mr. Krabs and Plankton, getting trapped in the bin after Mr. Krabs and Plankton put the lid on and falling off a cliff after Mr. Krabs and Plankton roll the bin off the cliff, leaving him seriously injured at the bottom of said cliff before weakly telling the health inspector that they have been feeding people grease. The health inspector hears this and admits that he thought the smell of the grease was familiar, but also figured that maybe Plankton or Krabs just had not bathed in a while. The two frowns at being figured out and Plankton tries to blame Mr. Krabs — but the inspector isn't fooled as he delivers punishment and closes both of their restaurants until they get their acts together and have all the grease cleaned up.
Mr. Krabs appears defeated since he has no way to soak up the grease but this gives SpongeBob an idea. He helps by simply soaking up the grease and telling his boss, he is going to properly dispose of it, but Patrick starts licking him, thinking he is a "Crunchity Munchity." SpongeBob runs away with Patrick behind as the episode comes to an end when Mr. Krabs is getting ideas, as the episode ends.
- Mr. Krabs mispronouncing words.
- Mr. Krabs and Plankton constantly coming up with ideas for more customers.
- Mr. Krabs and Plankton hiding SpongeBob everywhere when he says that they were feeding people grease.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob stops reading]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Squidward, what size kelp fries are these?"]
‣ High Black Shoes - Tom Hedden [SpongeBob making a Krabby Patty]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob slips in grease]
• In a Minor Mood Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Squidward, what's all the hubberub?"]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm not sure, Mr. Krabs."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Grease slick, eh?"]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [pan up grease trap]
• It Came From - Nicolas Carr [Theremin overlay of "Frankenstein's Niece (a)]
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston ["That's a big job."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Yeah!"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [cleaning out the grease trap]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Heavy Footsteps (a) - Paddy Kingsland [Krabs dumps the grease behind the Chum Bucket]
• Comedic Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["It reeks... but it tastes delicious!"]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Plankton gets an idea]
‣ Verve - Jack Shaindlin [Plankton laughs evilly]
• Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [line of customers at the Chum Bucket]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["Well, well, Eugene Krabs."]
• Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs tells SpongeBob to fry more patties for extra grease]
• WFL Parade Snare Drum - Nicolas Carr [drumroll]
‣ Circus Parade (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [Deluxe Krabby Patties]
‣ Dingles Regatta - Brian Peters [everyone goes to the Krusty Krab]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ "Hello?"]
‣ When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie ["These are delicious!"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton spying]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Ultra Chummy Patties]
‣ Forward Advance - Laurie Johnson ["Quadruple goodness? We'll see about that."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Uh..."]
‣ Editor's Falling Over (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [Krabs slips in grease]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [grease-soaked bun]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Historical Fanfare [#68.02] - Harry Bluestone [Yummy Bunz]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (g) - Keith Mansfield [Plankton's newest creation]
‣ Variety Link (d) - Dick Stephen Walter [Crispity Crunchities]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [pure grease on a paper plate]
‣ Proud Fanfare - David Farnon [Wow! Soup]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield ["Get those seven orders out to Table 3 pronto!"]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [customers getting sick]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence ["SpongeBob!"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White ["Actually, Mr. Krabs, I've been thinking."]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick's sick]
‣ Fates [#61] - Gregor F. Narholz ["Not my best friend too!"]
‣ International Intrigue - Joe Sherman [health inspector arrives]
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston [SpongeBob tries to explain]
• Steel Licks 31 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, I thought I recognized this horrible stench."]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [health inspector closes both restaurants]
‣ Here's Adieu Sweet Lovely Nancy (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White ["I guess this is it, boy."]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["Wait a minute."]
• Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs sleeping]
• Kalua Jubalee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the The Great Patty Caper, Complete Seventh Season, Kids Double Pack: Volume 4, Sunđer Bob Kockalone DVD 4, Spužva Bob Skockani DVD 4, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 10, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, 3 DVD Value Pack Volume 2, Lights, Camera, and SpongeBob, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- The title card is similar to that of "Sun Bleached," but with grease as its font.
- This marks the 250th episode segment of the series.
- SpongeBob's repeating says "They're feeding people grease!" is very similar to SpongeBob's repeating says "I deserve this!" in "Artist Unknown."
- This is the third time a health inspector is shown. The first and second times were in "The Nasty Patty" and "The Krabby Kronicle." However, this one is in the same quarantine suit from "Fungus Among Us" and "Best Frenemies."
- This is the second time that people pay to eat Plankton's food and enjoy it; the first was in "Chum Bucket Supreme."
- In this episode, the transitions from scene to scene use grease instead of the usual bubbles.
- This is one of the few episodes where SpongeBob generally disagrees with Mr. Krabs instead of siding with or supporting him.
- Mr. Krabs wears glasses in this episode but only to magnify what he is reading.
- This episode is a reference to the fast-food industry, which utilizes hiding the truth of their food with bogus claims or titles.
- The customer saying, "Uh" for a long time is a reference to the "Krusty Krab Training Video," where Patrick does the same thing.
- This is one of the few episodes where SpongeBob drives and operates a vehicle, and even more rare, him driving safely. When he is dumping the grease tank behind the Chum Bucket at night, he is shown driving a large tanker truck with zero issue, despite him being seemingly unable to drive a normal boat at all without ending up in some sort of violent accident.
- On the March 5, 2017 airing, a week before the Day of the 2017 KCAs, at the episode's end, John Cena punches the screen, sending the pieces to fly down, and one-piece transitions to the KCA crowd. If one listens closely, the episode still ends as normal. This also happened with "Shanghaied."
- Innuendo: When SpongeBob releases his fingers to let the Kelp fries on the box he makes a very controversial-like symbol with his hand.
- Plankton calls Chum Bucket customers "Chumstomers", like how Krabby Patty customers are called "Krustomers" in "Krusty Krab Training Video".
- This is the last episode to play “Dingles Regatta" as well as the last time the track," Captain Lenoe's" where not just the end note is heard.
- When Mr. Krabs is reading Plankton's sign for Chummy Patties, he says "now with edible flavor" even though it does not say that on the sign.
- SpongeBob breathes in before sucking out the grease from the hose. However, breathing in would only make it harder to suck out the grease.
- When SpongeBob says "No it's not the end Mr. Krabs," his hat is in his hands, and when he says "Wait, did you say soaked up?" it is on his head and he points his finger. In the next slide, his finger is still pointed but his hat in his left hand again.
- SpongeBob is shown to drive a truck perfectly while in other episodes, he doesn't know how to drive a boat.
- When Squidward gives SpongeBob the order the condiments were in this order mustard, mayonnaise, and then mustard yet when SpongeBob comes out of the kitchen the mayonnaise is replaced with ketchup.
- In one scene of the Chum Bucket before the customers notice the sign for Deluxe Krabby Patties, the crossroad to the Krusty Krab is missing.
- SpongeBob would need a license to drive a tanker truck.
- A grease-intoxicated Patrick is seen walking into the Krusty Krab for a product called "Crunchity Munchities" before collapsing, and also mistakes the giant grease-soaked SpongeBob for one at the end of the episode. No such Krusty Krab product exists in this episode, although the food is mentioned by Patrick in "Back to the Past" when he mistakes Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's time machine for a snack vending machine. In the context of "Greasy Buffoons," it was likely Patrick actually was referring to Crispity Crunchities, which were not sold at the Krusty Krab, but at the Chum Bucket.