- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 107
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 25
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 37B
- E.M.I.L.P. (mentioned)
- Flavor Fairy (mentioned)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Short construction worker
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 9
- Karen Plankton
- Patrick Star
- Health Inspector (debut)
- John Cena (Cameo; March 5, 2017 airing only)
- Kids Choice Awards Crowd (Cameo; March 5, 2017 airing only)
While delivering an order to a customer, SpongeBob slips on a puddle of grease on the floor. Upon further inspection, he, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward see that the restaurant's grease trap is full and has not been cleaned in some time. Mr. Krabs notes that he needs two employees to clean it for no extra pay, and Squidward camouflages himself into thin air, leaving SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs to do the job. That night, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs siphon the grease from the trap into a tanker truck and take it to be "disposed of" by illegally dumping it behind the Chum Bucket. SpongeBob questions whether it is legal to dump all the grease behind the Chum Bucket, but as Mr. Krabs has no qualms about performing an illegal activity and the owner of the Chum Bucket, Plankton, is his worst enemy, he tells SpongeBob not to worry.
The next morning, Plankton slips on the grease while taking out the trash, confused as to how it got there. It smells horrible, but upon tasting it, he finds it delicious. He takes advantage of the situation by putting it into his Chummy Patties. Later that day, Mr. Krabs sees that Plankton has a whole line of customers outside his restaurant, which is very unusual but then spots a sign that reads the Chum Bucket is now selling "Chummy Patties with edible flavor," which is Chummy Patties soaked in Krusty Krab grease. He goes to question Plankton about it, who says that he had a visit from the "flavor fairy."
Realizing that it was the grease that he dumped that gave Plankton's chum its flavor, Mr. Krabs instructs SpongeBob to cook two patties for everyone who ordered, using the grease from the second to fry the first. SpongeBob thinks that it is unhealthy, but does as he is told. Mr. Krabs promotes this as a "Deluxe Krabby Patty," which steals Plankton's customers. Plankton figures out that it was Mr. Krabs that dumped the grease, so he creates "New Chummy Patties packed with Quadruple Grilled Goodness," which steals Mr. Krabs' customers again. Everyone is becoming very unhealthy from eating greasy patties, but they cannot stop eating them. Mr. Krabs makes SpongeBob put even more grease in the patties, and after slipping in some grease in which SpongeBob dropped some buns on an hour ago, Mr. Krabs decides to create Krabby Patties with "Yummy Bunz," which are only just patties with their buns soaked in grease. In response, Plankton creates "Crispity Crunchities," which are just burnt grease crumbs. Mr. Krabs then creates "Wow! Soup," which is just pure grease on a paper plate. When SpongeBob walks out of the kitchen, he realizes that the Krusty Krab, the customers, and the ground outside are covered in grease and the customers are extremely sick. SpongeBob starts to have second thoughts about the greasy foods that Mr. Krabs and Plankton are serving. When SpongeBob sees an obese Patrick walking into the restaurant to get some "Crunchity Munchities," he decides that enough is enough.
SpongeBob calls the health inspector, which Mr. Krabs and Plankton fear. When the health inspector arrives and questions what had happened, SpongeBob tries to tell him that Mr. Krabs and Plankton are feeding people grease, but he is cut off by Mr. Krabs and Plankton, who stuffs him in a bin. He then repeatedly says "They've been feeding people-", only to be cut off every time by being knocked on the head with the bin lid by Mr. Krabs and Plankton, getting trapped in the bin after Mr. Krabs and Plankton put the lid on and falling off a cliff after Mr. Krabs and Plankton roll the bin off the cliff, leaving him seriously injured at the bottom of said cliff before weakly telling the health inspector that they have been feeding people grease. The health inspector hears this and admits that he thought the smell of the grease was familiar, but also figured that maybe Plankton or Krabs just had not bathed in a while. The two frowns at being figured out and Plankton tries to blame Mr. Krabs — but the inspector delivers punishment and closes both of their restaurants until all the grease gets cleaned up.
Mr. Krabs appears defeated since he has no way to soak up the grease but this gives SpongeBob an idea. He helps by simply soaking up the grease and telling his boss, he is going to properly dispose of it, but Patrick starts licking him, thinking he is a "Crunchity Munchity." SpongeBob runs away with Patrick behind as the episode comes to an end when Mr. Krabs is getting ideas.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening]
• What the Huh Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob stops reading]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Squidward, what size kelp fries are these?"]
‣ High Black Shoes - Tom Hedden [SpongeBob making a Krabby Patty]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob slips in grease]
• In a Minor Mood Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Squidward, what's all the hubberub?"]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm not sure, Mr. Krabs."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Grease slick, eh?"]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [pan up grease trap]
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston ["That's a big job."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Yeah!"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [cleaning out the grease trap]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Heavy Footsteps (a) - Paddy Kingsland [Krabs dumps the grease behind the Chum Bucket]
‣ Comic Walk - Nicolas Carr ["It reeks... but it tastes delicious!"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Plankton gets an idea]
‣ Verve - Jack Shaindlin [Plankton laughs evilly]
• Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [line of customers at the Chum Bucket]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["Well, well, Eugene Krabs."]
‣ Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs tells SpongeBob to fry more patties for extra grease]
‣ Circus Parade (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [Deluxe Krabby Patties]
‣ Dingles Regatta - Brian Peters [everyone goes to the Krusty Krab]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ "Hello?"]
‣ When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie ["These are delicious!"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton spying]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Ultra Chummy Patties]
‣ Forward Advance - Laurie Johnson ["Quadruple goodness? We'll see about that."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Uh..."]
‣ Editor's Falling Over (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [Krabs slips in grease]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [grease-soaked bun]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Historical Fanfare [#68.02] - Harry Bluestone [Yummy Bunz]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (g) - Keith Mansfield [Plankton's newest creation]
‣ Variety Link (d) - Dick Stephen Walter [Crispity Crunchities]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [pure grease on a paper plate]
‣ Proud Fanfare - David Farnon [Wow! Soup]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield ["Get those seven orders out to Table 3 pronto!"]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [customers getting sick]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence ["SpongeBob!"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White ["Actually, Mr. Krabs, I've been thinking."]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick's sick]
‣ Fates [#61] - Gregor F. Narholz ["Not my best friend too!"]
‣ International Intrigue - Joe Sherman [health inspector arrives]
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston [SpongeBob tries to explain]
• Steel Licks 31 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, I thought I recognized this horrible stench."]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [health inspector closes both restaurants]
‣ Here's Adieu Sweet Lovely Nancy (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White ["I guess this is it, boy."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Wait a minute."]
• Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs sleeping]
• Kalua Jubalee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the The Great Patty Caper, Complete Seventh Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- The title card is similar to that of "Sun Bleached," but with grease as its font.
- This marks the 250th episode segment of the series.
- This is the third time a health inspector is shown. The first and second times were in "The Nasty Patty" and "The Krabby Kronicle." However, this one is in the same quarantine suit from "Fungus Among Us" and "Best Frenemies."
- This is the second time that people pay to eat Plankton's food and enjoy it; the first was in "Chum Bucket Supreme."
- In this episode, the transitions from scene to scene use grease instead of the usual bubbles.
- This is one of the few episodes where SpongeBob generally disagrees with Mr. Krabs instead of siding with or supporting him.
- Mr. Krabs wears glasses in this episode but only to magnify what he is reading.
- This episode is a reference to the fast-food industry, which utilizes hiding the truth of their food with bogus claims or titles.
- The customer saying "Uh" for a long time is a reference to the "Krusty Krab Training Video," where Patrick does the same thing.
- On the March 5, 2017 airing, a week before the Day of the 2017 KCAs, at the episode's end, John Cena punches the screen, sending the pieces to fly down, and one-piece transitions to the KCA crowd. If one listens closely, the episode still ends as normal. This also happened with "Shanghaied."
- Innuendo: When SpongeBob releases his fingers to let the Kelp fries on the box he makes a very controversial-like symbol with his hand.
- When Squidward vanishes from the beginning of the episode after Mr. Krabs reveals that they will have to clean the grease with no extra pay, he can still be slightly seen even after he vanished from the episode.
- When Mr. Krabs is reading Plankton's sign for Chummy Patties, he says the word "delisherous" even though it does not say that on the sign. He also says "now with edible flavor" which is also not even on the sign.
- SpongeBob breathes in before sucking out the grease from the hose. However, breathing in would only make it harder to suck out the grease.
- When SpongeBob says "No it's not the end Mr. Krabs," his hat is in his hands, and when he says "Wait, did you say soaked up?" it is on his head and he points his finger. In the next slide, his finger is still pointed but his hat in his left hand again.
- SpongeBob is shown to drive a semi-truck perfectly while in other episodes, he doesn't know how to drive a boat.
- When Squidward gives SpongeBob the order the condiments were in this order mustard, mayonnaise, and then mustard yet when SpongeBob comes out of the kitchen the mayonnaise is replaced with ketchup.
- Mr. Krabs mispronouncing words and he and Plankton keep coming up with ideas for more customers.