Role in series
SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs clean out the vat of grease in the basement of the Krusty Krab. After cleaning it out, they do not know what to do with the grease, so they load it into a huge truck and dump all of the grease behind the Chum Bucket. Plankton realizes the mess when taking out the trash the next day.
Despite the grease smelling terrible, Plankton thinks it tastes quite decent. Plankton starts selling Chum Patties with extra flavor. Mr. Krabs is suspicious about the extra flavor, thinking Plankton stole the Krabby Patty secret formula. After Plankton proudly says that he did no such thing, Mr. Krabs realizes his mistake of dumping the grease behind the Chum Bucket, giving Plankton access to attracting customers with the new flavor. What gives it away was Plankton saying that it was possible that he was paid a visit by the "flavor fairy."
Mr. Krabs gives Plankton competition by telling SpongeBob to fry two patties for every Krabby Patty they sell. Plankton and Mr. Krabs declare war when they fight back and forth with new menu items with greasy flavor until it results in the two of them serving pure grease to the customers.
After Patrick passes out, SpongeBob calls the health inspector, who shuts down the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket until they clean up their mess.
Mr. Krabs supposes that this will be the end of the Krusty Krab, but SpongeBob cannot let that be true, so he sucks up all of the grease and makes the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket grease-free, therefore ending the grease war.
One of the jobs SpongeBob does to keep the Yeti Krab at bay is cleaning out the grease trap. He sucks out all of the grease using his own body.
SpongeBob, having shrunk himself, falls behind the deep fryer and absorbs all of the grease below it.
SpongeBob uses grease to make relish.
Mr. Krabs and Plankton discover the grease deposit equally distributed under their restaurants. When Karen's analysis confirms that the substance is a combination of Krabby Patty grease and chum runoff, Mr. Krabs and Plankton team up to figure out what to do with it. SpongeBob tells the pair that he uses the grease for everything, and they start selling it to many customers around the city. The product is in high demand at first, but after customers experience side effects, they get angry and ask for refunds. Mr. Krabs' and Plankton's partnership falls apart and they both head back to their restaurants. Both buildings sink underground due to all of the grease being drained.
List of grease products
- Deluxe Krabby Patty: A Krabby Patty with extra grease. It is made from two Krabby Patties being grilled, one for the grease and the other for the actual Krabby Patty. As shown by Mr. Krabs, the grease from one patty is slathered onto the other.
- Chummy Patty: A sandwich consisting of chum, two pieces of bread, and a lot of added grease.
- Yummy Bunz: A product consisting of only Krabby Patty buns. These are created by having ordinary buns are soaked in grease for an hour, as revealed when SpongeBob accidentally drops the buns into the grease.
- Ultra Chummy Patty Packed with Quadruple Grilled Goodness: A sandwich sold at the Chum Bucket.
- Crispity Crunchities: A product that consists of burnt grease crumbs. These are shown to be highly addicting and fattening, as they cause Patrick to appear in the Krusty Krab chubbier than usual and craving more.
- Wow! Soup: A product consisting of pure grease served on a paper plate. This is the last grease product sold before the health inspector shuts down the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket.
- Dr. Krabton's Miracle Everything Juice: A grease brand made by Mr. Krabs and Plankton bottled up and sold for various purposes.