- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sea leprechaun (debut)
- Grandma SquarePants (debut)
- Scallop in cuckoo clock (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Martha Smith
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott (normal; green)
- Nathiel Waters
- Gary the Snail (in a picture; different coloration)
- Patrick Star
- Seahorse (wooden form)
SpongeBob visits his grandmother's house, where he acts like a small child and he is treated like one, engaging in such babyish activities as eating cookies, licking the spoon and listening to stories. As soon as the clock strikes 3:00 PM, SpongeBob's Grandma drives him to work. She kisses him goodbye, leaving a kiss mark on his forehead. Everyone at the Krusty Krab teases SpongeBob about this and he runs home crying.
Back at home Patrick tells that he should show his Grandma that he is not a baby anymore and try to act like an adult more. They go to Grandma's house wearing sideburns. When Grandma answers the door and tries to kiss SpongeBob, he explains to her that he is an adult now and the kissing has to stop.
Grandma offers them cookies which Patrick gladly gobbles down. When SpongeBob tried to talk him out of it, Patrick proclaims that being a grownup is boring and that he enjoys being treated like a baby. SpongeBob soon attempts to eat a cookie, but Grandma gives him a piece of steamed coral instead. Grandma then reads Patrick a children's storybook and gives SpongeBob a large book on routine active maintenance. She then gives Patrick a sweater "with love in every stitch," while SpongeBob receives office supplies. Soon, the clock strikes 3:00 PM and Grandma reminds SpongeBob that he has to go to work.
As Grandma tucks Patrick into bed, SpongeBob says that his busy adult schedule will make it hard for him to visit very often. As his grandma seems unconcerned with this, SpongeBob eventually leaves. However, he soon comes back inside, his manly sideburns falling away. SpongeBob says that he doesn't want to grow up and that he wants to become a baby again and do all the things he did when he was treated like a baby, such as eating cookies, drinking warm milk, wearing sweaters with love in the stitches, cuddling with teddy bears and getting kisses. He then cries so intensely that he floods the house.
But Grandma calms him down and pulls a plug in the floor to drain out his tears. She tells SpongeBob that he does not have to be a baby to get her love and that he will always be her baby boy no matter how grown up he gets. SpongeBob asks her to not bring this whole debacle up to everyone at The Krusty Krab and Grandma says she won't. As SpongeBob and his Grandma embrace Squidward and all the customers look in through the window, laughing wildly as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Romance and Rhapsody - Felton Rapley [opening]
‣ Spindlelegs - Cedric King-Palmer [cookies]
‣ In the Cradle (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Grandma telling a story]
‣ Hackney Carriage - Cedric King-Palmer [Grandma drops SpongeBob off at work]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [everyone making fun of SpongeBob]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob runs out crying]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence [puffed out chests]
‣ Pressure Point - Duncan Lamont ["Now, you must acquire a taste for freeform jazz."]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence ["This is it."]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [sideburns]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [Grandma about to kiss SpongeBob]
‣ Airs and Graces (a) - Paddy Kingsland ["Sorry, Grandmother, but the kissing has to stop."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [plate of cookies]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick eating cookies]
‣ SpongeBob Closing Theme - Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr ["Patrick, what are you doing?"]
‣ A Day by the Sea - Dick Stephen Walter [story time]
• Steel Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't I get a present, Grandma?"]
‣ Twinkle Toes - Fred Woods [Patrick takes a nap]
‣ Stack of Leis - Kapono Beamer ["I don't want to grow up!"]
‣ Romance and Rhapsody - Felton Rapley ["I don't?"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [ending]
- The episode is available on the Seascape Capers, Nickstravaganza!, Complete 2nd Season, First 100 Episodes, and Christmas Who? DVDs.
- "Grandma's Kisses" was ranked #17 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- Although this episode aired in 2001, it was made in 2000 according to the credits.
- This is the first appearance of Grandma SquarePants.
- This episode premiered in Canada on April 20, 2001.
- This is the 3rd Season 2 episode to have a punctuation in its title.
- This is the 8th episode to have a punctuation in its title.
- When Grandma drops SpongeBob off for work, the steering wheel is on the right side of the car. This would make it a non-American car.
- In the original storyboard, the "sideburns" worn by SpongeBob and Patrick were mustaches.
- This is the third episode where the Krusty Krab appears without Mr. Krabs.
- This is the first episode to use the tracks "Tomfoolery," "Domestic Fun (a)," "Romance and Rhapsody," "Spindlelegs," "Airs and Graces (a)," "Steel Licks 5," and "Twinkle Toes."
- This is also the second and last episode to use the APM track "A Day by the Sea."
- This is also the first and only episode of the show to use the APM tracks "Hackney Carriage," and "Pressure Point."
- The scene where Patrick tells SpongeBob he has to acquire a taste for free-form jazz has become an internet meme.
- It is revealed that when SpongeBob was a baby, he ate cookies, drank milk, wore a sweater with love in every stitch, rode in a wagon, had a rocking seahorse, and had storytime.
- SpongeBob changes color between different shades of yellow throughout.
- All the fish in the Krusty Krab that makes fun of SpongeBob are blue.
- In the final scene, the kitchen changes locations.
- When SpongeBob gets home, the kiss mark is missing, but at the Krusty Krab, it does not come off.
- When SpongeBob asks "I don't?," his reflection looks like his mouth does not move and is open as if he were still crying.
- When Patrick uses his mouth as a vacuum cleaner to eat his cookies, one can clearly see that he's eaten all of them, but one rolls out.
- When Squidward and the Krusty Krab customers are seen laughing at SpongeBob hugging his grandma at the end, Harold "Bill" Reginald is green instead of blue.
- When a fish talks to SpongeBob, at one point, his arm is not on his body.
- A glass of milk and a plate of two cookies are shown on the table when Patrick says, "Besides, I don't get jazz," but in the next shot, when SpongeBob starts blowing bubbles out of his pipe, they are both gone.
- In the first shot, Clayton is blue. In the second shot, he is purple. In the following shot, he is blue again.
- After SpongeBob says, "What am I waiting for?" before he runs to his grandma's house, his tie and collar fold are missing from his shirt.
- When SpongeBob says, "Tell me another story about when I was a baby," his eyelashes are missing.
- However after the cuckoo clock goes off his eyelashes are back.
- When SpongeBob bursts through the door, not only did Patrick disappear, but the couch he was laying down on shrank.
- SpongeBob's grandma leaving kiss marks whenever she kisses someone or something.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|