- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sea leprechaun (debut)
- Grandma SquarePants (debut)
- Scallop in cuckoo clock (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 40 (normal; green)
- Incidental 60
- Gary the Snail (in a picture; different coloration)
- Patrick Star
- Seahorse (wooden form)
SpongeBob visits his grandmother's house, where he acts like a small child and he is treated like one, engaging in such babyish activities as eating cookies, licking the spoon and listening to stories. As soon as the clock strikes 3:00 PM, SpongeBob's Grandma drives him to work. She kisses him goodbye, leaving a kiss mark on his forehead. Everyone at the Krusty Krab teases SpongeBob about this and he runs home crying.
Back at home, Patrick tells SpongeBob that he should show his Grandma that he is not a baby anymore and try to act more like an adult. The next day, they go to Grandma's house wearing sideburns. When Grandma answers the door and tries to kiss SpongeBob, he explains to her that he is an adult now and the kissing has to stop.
Grandma offers them cookies which Patrick gladly gobbles down. When SpongeBob tried to talk him out of it, Patrick proclaims that being a grownup is boring and that he enjoys being treated like a baby. SpongeBob soon attempts to eat a cookie, but Grandma gives him a piece of steamed coral instead. Grandma then reads Patrick a children's storybook and gives SpongeBob a large book on routine active maintenance. She then gives Patrick a sweater "with love in every stitch," while SpongeBob receives office supplies. Soon, the clock strikes 3:00 PM and Grandma reminds SpongeBob that he has to go to work.
As Grandma tucks Patrick into bed, SpongeBob says that his busy adult schedule will make it hard for him to visit very often. As his grandma seems unconcerned with this, SpongeBob eventually leaves. However, he soon comes back inside, his manly sideburns falling away. SpongeBob says that he doesn't want to grow up and that he wants to be a baby again and do all the things he did as a baby, such as eating cookies, drinking warm milk, wearing diapers, riding in baby carriages, cuddling with teddy bears and getting kisses. He then cries so intensely that he floods the entire house.
Grandma calms him down and pulls a plug in the floor to drain out his tears. She tells SpongeBob that he does not have to be a baby to get her love; he can kiss his grandma and still be an adult because no matter how grown up he gets, she will always love him. Grandma gives him back his sideburns, hands him a cookie, and SpongeBob suddenly starts to feel better. He then asks her to not bring this whole debacle up to everyone at the Krusty Krab and Grandma says she won't. As SpongeBob and his Grandma embrace Squidward and all the customers look in through the window, laughing wildly as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Domestic Fun (a) - Ernest Tomlinson [title card]
‣ Romance and Rhapsody - Felton Rapley [opening]
‣ Spindlelegs - Cedric King-Palmer [cookies]
‣ In the Cradle (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Grandma telling a story]
‣ Hackney Carriage - Cedric King-Palmer [Grandma drops SpongeBob off at work]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [everyone making fun of SpongeBob]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob runs out crying]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence [puffed out chests]
‣ Pressure Point - Duncan Lamont ["Now, you must acquire a taste for freeform jazz."]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence ["This is it."]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [sideburns]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [Grandma about to kiss SpongeBob]
‣ Airs and Graces (a) - Paddy Kingsland ["Sorry, Grandmother, but the kissing has to stop."]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr [plate of cookies]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick eating cookies]
• SpongeBob Closing Theme - Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr ["Patrick, what are you doing?"]
‣ A Day by the Sea [#19] - Dick Stephen Walter [story time]
• Steel Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't I get a present, Grandma?"]
‣ Twinkle Toes - Fred Woods [Patrick takes a nap]
‣ Stack of Leis - Kapono Beamer ["I don't want to grow up!"]
‣ Romance and Rhapsody - Felton Rapley ["I don't?"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [ending]
- The episode is available on the Seascape Capers, Complete 2nd Season, Christmas Who?, First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 3, The Complete Second Season, From the Beginning, Pt.1, The First & Second Seasons, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode is also available on the UK version of The Seascape Capers VHS tape.
- "Grandma's Kisses" was ranked #17 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- This is the first appearance of Grandma SquarePants.
- When Grandma drops SpongeBob off for work, the steering wheel is on the right side of the car. This would make it a non-American car.
- The sideburns were originally mustaches in the storyboard version. Also in the storyboard is a deleted shot of SpongeBob and Patrick eating cookies together at the end.
- This is the first episode to use the tracks "Tomfoolery," "Domestic Fun (a)," "Romance and Rhapsody," "Spindlelegs," "Airs and Graces (a)," "Steel Licks 5," and "Twinkle Toes."
- The scene where Patrick tells SpongeBob he has to acquire a taste for free-form jazz has become an internet meme.
- It is revealed that when SpongeBob was a baby, he ate cookies, drank milk, wore a sweater with love in every stitch, rode in a wagon, had a rocking seahorse, and had storytime.
- For unknown reasons, the previous episode number (5571-153) is skipped over.
- All the fish that make fun of SpongeBob in the Krusty Krab are blue.
- SpongeBob changes color between different shades of yellow throughout.
- After SpongeBob says, "What am I waiting for?" before he runs to his grandma's house, his tie and collar fold are missing from his shirt.
- When SpongeBob says, "Tell me another story about when I was a baby," his eyelashes are missing.
- However after the cuckoo clock goes off, his eyelashes are back.
- In the first shot, Clayton is blue. In the second shot, he is purple. In the following shot, he is blue again.
- When a fish talks to SpongeBob, at one point, his arm is not on his body.
- When SpongeBob gets home, the kiss mark is missing, but at the Krusty Krab, it does not come off.
- A glass of milk and a plate of two cookies are shown on the table when Patrick says, "Besides, I don't get jazz," but in the next shot, when SpongeBob starts blowing bubbles out of his pipe, they are both gone.
- When Patrick uses his mouth like a vacuum cleaner to eat his cookies, one can clearly see that he has eaten all of them, but one rolls out.
- When SpongeBob bursts through the door, not only does Patrick disappear, but the couch he was laying down on is smaller.
- In the final scene, the kitchen changes locations.
- When SpongeBob asks "I don't?," his reflection looks like his mouth does not move and is open as if he were still crying.
- When Squidward and the Krusty Krab customers are seen laughing at SpongeBob hugging his grandma at the end, two incidentals who normally appear blue are now green and purple..
- When SpongeBob says "I wanna wear tidies" there are no frames where he runs in the screen so it is as if he teleported onscreen.
- SpongeBob's grandma leaving kiss marks whenever she kisses someone or something.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|