Goofy Goober's Ice Cream Party Boat, often shortened to Goofy Goober's, is a restaurant and bar that is known for its ice cream. It appears in the movies The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and the episodes "Patnocchio," "The Goofy Newbie," "Enemies à la Mode," and "Goofy Scoopers." The restaurant is home to the mascot, Goofy Goober. It appears to be popular by young children.
The restaurant features a seating area with a stage, a "parent room," and a Nut Bar. The mascot is Goofy Goober, a security guard in a peanut costume.
The restaurant's building consists of a boat-like shape with a sundae on top. The sign is shaped like a peanut outlined by a green and yellow pattern, and contains the words "Goofy Goobers" in red letters. The sidewalk is accompanied by a piano key pathway.
- Goober Meal - A hamburger with a drink and a toy.
- Mount Razzleberries (mentioned)
- Double Fudge Spinnies (mentioned)
- Double Chocolate Molar Blowout (mentioned)
- Triple Gooberberry Sunrise - An ice cream sundae with a scoop of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream with a smiley face and a banana on top.
- Oh I'm a Goofy Goober, yeah.
- You're a Goofy Goober, yeah.
- We're all Goofy Goobers, yeah.
- Goofy Goofy Goober Goober yeah!
According to the comic, Untold Tales of the Goofy Goobers, Goofy Goober's used to be a concert hall.
"The Goofy Newbie" reveals that Goofy Goober's was founded by Reginald Goober, who was nicknamed "Goofy". Before freezers, he was selling his ice cream warm while putting it on tree sticks.
Role in series
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
SpongeBob and Patrick go here after the grand opening of the Krusty Krab 2. SpongeBob is first shown at the nut bar, bawling because he did not get the promotion. Patrick then comes along and orders a meal. SpongeBob depressingly begins heading for home until he sees that Patrick has ordered a Triple Gooberberry Sunrise, and decides to order one too.
The two proceed to continuously order Triple Gooberberry Sunrises, splattering the waiter in ice cream, and eventually becoming drunk to the point where the two go up on stage with Goofy Goober and fall over. The next morning, SpongeBob wakes up with a hangover.
Patrick goes here with Plankton who pretends to be Patrick's conscience to get one double chocolate molar blowout. After both of their noses grow big, they have a nose fight. After making a mess, they get kicked out.
"The Goofy Newbie"
Patrick gets a job at Goofy Goober's when he finds out that the employees get free ice cream, and it is where the majority of the episode takes place.
SpongeBob helps Patrick do his job properly but he gets fired from the restaurant when he ends up eating so much ice cream that he freezes the world for five billion years.
"Enemies à la Mode"
It appears when young Walter gives young Patrick some of his ice cream. Patrick goes berserk and drives the ice cream truck into the building, destroying it and covering it in ice cream.
- According to Vincent Waller, Paramount Pictures formerly did not allow any movie-exclusive content to be used in the SpongeBob SquarePants series, such as locations and characters from 2005 to 2014. This is why Goofy Goober did not make a physical appearance in an episode until 15 years later with "Patnocchio." He recalled, "We couldn't even use images of Goofy Goober from the movie back then."
- This makes it the first location from the movie to fully appear in the series.
- Despite this location only appearing in two movies, a few episodes, two video games, and six books, it has appeared in numerous SpongeBob comics.
- The restaurant was only mentioned in the show a few times after its debut in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, until it finally was integrated into the show in the season 11 episode "Patnocchio."
- It is a parody of old-time-themed ice cream parlor restaurants such as the former Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour chain, and with a menu similar to that of the fast food chain Dairy Queen.
- In the video game, the audio's soundtrack is a slow remix of "I Love Surprises" from episode 203 of The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss.