- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Incidental 85 (cameo)
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 25
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 119
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 91
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 84
- Tank fish (debut)
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 9
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Incidental 39
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 29
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 46
- Officer Slugfish
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 49
- Scooter (cameo)
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 64
- Mr. Poecilia (debut)
The episode starts with SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward sleeping, but not for long after SpongeBob's foghorn wakes them all up. SpongeBob comes over to Squidward's house to wake Squidward up for work one morning, trying to be a good neighbor to ensure that Squidward doesn't miss work on Sunday, but Squidward angrily tells him that it is Sunday, and that a good neighbor does not bother him on Sunday, after which Squidward kicks SpongeBob out of his house. SpongeBob believes that Squidward is grouchy because he has not gotten his Sunday paper, and tries to give it to him. He bumps into Patrick, who is startled by the "newspaper monster." Upon hearing of the monster, SpongeBob and Patrick start to panic and scatter the paper into the air as they run around, causing Squidward to yell angrily again.
Squidward begins his Sunday relaxation when SpongeBob and Patrick suddenly appear behind him wearing cultist-style fezzes and initiate him as president of the Secret Royal Order of the Good Neighbor Lodge, which SpongeBob and Patrick have just made up. As hi first decreee, Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick to paint all of the tree leaves around town with polka dots to get rid them both.
Outside, SpongeBob absorbs a can of red paint; Patrick pulls his arm like a lever, causing him to shoot specks of paint onto all the trees. At noon, SpongeBob and Patrick return to Squidward to tell him that they are almost done with their task, and SpongeBob accidentally shoots paint on Squidward's face and in his eyes. Squidward runs outside, screaming in pain, and is almost hit by a car that Debbie Rechid and Ralph turn out to be driving. They think Squidward is sick with chickenpox and take him to the hospital, ignoring his protests. SpongeBob and Patrick share one last goodbye with Squidward.
Later, SpongeBob and Patrick hold a club meeting and notice that Squidward is gone. They go inside his house to look for him when a foot massager arrives to give Squidward a pedicure. When Squidward comes home, he finds SpongeBob and Patrick getting a pedicure to make sure that he "really is a certified foot masseur and not some sort of assassin." Squidward furiously pushes them aside and angrily demands the man to massage his feet, but he tells him that his hour is over and leaves. This is the final blow to Squidward as he angrily forces SpongeBob and Patrick to leave, telling them never to bother him again.
Unable to understand that Squidward hates them, SpongeBob thinks Squidward was trying to tell them something. Upon hearing this, Squidward literally breaks his head through the front door as he furiously yells to them that they are the worst neighbors in history and to stop calling him president before taking their fezzes and furiously stomping them onto the ground. SpongeBob and Patrick feel deeply hurt by this and sadly walk away.
Inside his house, Squidward informs himself that there are only three hours of his Sunday left and they took it all away. Squidward sees his Sunday paper in a messy pile on the floor with a note from SpongeBob presenting it to him. Despite his neighbor's generosity, Squidward becomes furious again. He kicks the paper until he sees an ad in the newspaper for a high-tech security system.
Squidward receives the security system and installs it into his house. He believes that the security system will stop SpongeBob and Patrick from entering his house, but they suddenly come up behind him with an apology cake and their fezzes back on. Squidward demands the security system to destroy them, but the machine says, "No threat detected." Squidward then punches the machine in frustration, and the machine says, "Threat detected." When the apology cake falls on top of the machine, it then begins malfunctioning and declares a "code red" situation, literally kicking Squidward out of the building. The house then grows arms and legs and walks away with SpongeBob and Patrick still inside. Squidward then realizes that they can now no longer bother him and tells himself that he's going to relax even if it kills him.
Meanwhile, Squidward's house rampages through downtown Bikini Bottom, and SpongeBob and Patrick turn the security system off just as the house returns to its original position, causing it to fall on top of Squidward. Squidward's Sunday relaxation time is over, and he calmly tells them that he only wanted to enjoy his day off, and he has SpongeBob and Patrick leave so that he can get ready for work the next day. However, he finds an angry mob outside of his house, and a man gives him a jury summons that has him doing community service every Sunday for the rest of his life to pay off for the damages to the city. SpongeBob and Patrick each get a jury summons as well. They look forward to cleaning up Bikini Bottom together and say that they will see him again next Sunday, which makes Squidward twitch nervously, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [opening]
• SpongeBob Closing Theme - Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr ["Good morning, Squidward!"]
• ? Vibes - Nicolas Carr ["Sunday?"]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [Sunday papers]
‣ Dramatic Cue (A) - Ronald Hanmer ["Newspaper monster!"]
‣ Fully Fashioned - George French [Squidward's Sunday relaxation kit]
• Mystic Drone - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick wearing fezzes]
‣ Pell-Mell - Sam Spence [Painting tree leaves]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["Oh, no, it's already noon!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (B) - Ronald Hanmer [Paint sprayed in Squidward's face]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward gets taken to hospital]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Good Neighbor Lodge meeting]
• Percussive Hit - Nicolas Carr [Patrick snoring]
• Idea Vibe - Nicolas Carr ["Squidward?"]
‣ Finders Creepers - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob and Patrick looking for Squidward]
• Hunting Rescue Call - Nicolas Carr ["We are sworn to protect our president from danger."]
• Sponge Burgler Revisited - Nicolas Carr [Squidward comes home]
‣ Aloha - Dick Stephen Walter [Foot massage/Foot masseur leaves Squidward's house]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club A - David Bell, Otto Sieben [Squidward angrily kicks SpongeBob and Patrick out]
• Harp! - Nicolas Carr ["Hello...?"]
‣ Enter the Villain - Chris Payne, Paul Rogers [Security system ad]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Apology cake]
‣ Red Alert [#8] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Security system zaps Squidward]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Squidward's house grows arms and legs]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["I only have half an hour of me-time left..."]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Squidward's house destroying the neighborhood]
• Seaweed 1 - Steve Belfer [ending]
- This episode is available on the Where's Gary? DVD and VHS, Bob Esponja Vol. 1, Season 4 Volume 1, First 100 Episodes, Double Feature Volume 2, 2-Movies-Edition, The Best Day Ever, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 5, Complete Fourth Season, From the Beginning, Part 2, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Easter with SpongeBob, Triple Pack 4, Favorite Episodes Volume 2, 2-Season TV Pack, The Third & Fourth Seasons, Big Hits: Volume 2, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode is similar to the comic strip titled "House of Squidward." In the comic, Squidward's house comes to life and wrecks Bikini Bottom. However, Squidward's house didn't grow legs.
- Patrick is seen sleeping on a hard rock when he is usually seen sleeping in his sand bed.
- In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick wear fezzes, which are a hat of Greek origin.
- Season 4 Volume 1 disc 1 has a case with a cover based on this episode.
- This is the first episode to be written by only one writer. This would not happen again until "Lost in Bikini Bottom," which premiered a decade later on July 16, 2015.
- This was the last episode to be written by Mike Bell.
- This episode's premiere was simulcast on Nicktoons.
- There is a LEGO set called "Good Neighbors at Bikini Bottom," which is named after this episode.
- For unknown reasons, this episode and its sister episode were rated 13+ on Amazon Prime Video in August 2020.
- This has since been corrected as of October 2020, and the episode is back to being rated its original TV-Y7 rating on Amazon Prime Video.
- The background of the title card influenced the "Let's go" meme, the original was Skyviewray reacting to '|YTP| Spinge Binge: Me Millionth Dollar', which had the N-word in the title card. This became a meme in which people react to lines that sound offensive to them.
- Due to time constraints, this episode is only 8 minutes in the Filipino dub.
- In initial airings of the Indonesian dub, due to time constraints, the scene where SpongeBob and Patrick paint the trees in which they accidentally painted in Squidward's face was skipped to the scene where the foot massager appears. However in later airings, the scene where Squidward furiously angry at SpongeBob and Patrick after kicking them out was cut instead because of extreme verbal violence.
- This is the first Season 4 episode in production order which Mr Krabs doesn’t appear in.
- This episode briefly appeared in an episode of Supernanny that episode being Season 2’s "The Silva Family".
- When Squidward hears SpongeBob's alarm clock go off, the latter's pathway is missing.
- When Squidward angrily throws SpongeBob out, he is seen wearing regular clothes, but in the next shot, he is seen wearing his pajamas again.
- When Squidward says "Will you two nincompoops kindly quiet down?!," his eyelids are light turquoise instead of teal.
- Squidward puts the flower on the center of the coffee table, but after he sprays it, it is near the edge.
- When Squidward attempts to relax and SpongeBob and Patrick show up, they are in the living room. After SpongeBob and Patrick finish saying "Ooh" and bow to Squidward, they are in the kitchen.
- When Squidward pushes SpongeBob and Patrick outside to go paint the leaves on the trees, the door opens into the house. When SpongeBob and Patrick reappear and say "See you later Squidward!," the door opens outside.
- Squidward is kicked far away from the position of his house, but when it returns and crushes him, he is at the house's original position. When Squidward angrily kicks SpongeBob out of his house, he furiously slams the door in his face. However, when they are out of the house, they are farther away from the door.
- In the shot where the Bikini Bottomites surround Squidward and his house, there is no front tire on the police car on the left.
- Before SpongeBob and Patrick say "Ooh," the pillow and phone are both on the couch. However, in the next shot of the couch, both are gone.
- When Patrick puts paint in SpongeBob's holes, he becomes rectangular. After Patrick throws the can of paint away and hits an elderly citizen riding a bicycle, he is square again.
- In the German dubbing, Squidward says its nearly 12 o'clock, but the clock shows that its already 12 o'clock.
- Squidward has a watch, but in the next scene, it disappears.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick first leave Squidward's house after he angrily screams at them for ruining his day, their fezzes are on the ground. In the next shot, the fezzes are gone.