- Incidental 65
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 7
- Baby Incidental 7 (debut)
- Incidental 41
- Baby Incidental 41 (debut)
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Baby Plankton (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Baby Squidward (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Incidental 64
- Baby Incidental 64 (debut)
- Incidental 8
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Baby Mr. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Baby SpongeBob (debut)
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 151
- Baby Incidental 151 (debut)
- Purple baby
- Incidental 49
- Mama Plankton (mentioned)
- Officer Slugfish
- Karen Plankton
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 85
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 84
- Incidental 87
- Incidental 81
- Incidental 45
- Baby Billy (debut)
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 47
- Baby Incidental 47 (debut)
- Incidental 2
- Baby Incidental 2 (debut)
- Incidental 63
- Baby Incidental 63 (debut)
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 6
- Baby Incidental 6 (debut)
- Incidental 107
- Baby Incidental 107 (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Baby Patrick
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 40
- Baby Incidental 40 (debut)
In the beginning of the episode, Plankton is disguised as a pepper shaker, taking a Krabby Patty, but he is easily caught by Mr. Krabs. As he is lamenting his failure on a bench in the park, Plankton then hears a woman saying that she can take her baby's milk away from him and he cannot do a thing about it. This makes Plankton realize he will turn Mr. Krabs into a baby.
Plankton then leads Mr. Krabs in a telephone booth by money where he sprays Goo Goo Gas on him, turning Mr. Krabs into a baby, but Baby Krabs teethes on Plankton. SpongeBob finds Baby Krabs and takes him, but Plankton accidentally reveals to an overhearing SpongeBob that Baby Krabs is Mr. Krabs and his plans. SpongeBob literally calls the cops and Plankton gets arrested, but easily escapes. SpongeBob explains everything to an arriving Squidward, who immediately leaves. SpongeBob takes the baby in the Krusty Krab and tries to comfort him with many items, eventually succeeding with a stack of twenties.
Meanwhile, Plankton sprays Baby Krabs and SpongeBob, but Mr. Krabs is now an adult and SpongeBob is a baby. Plankton sprays SpongeBob and he is now an adult again. The same thing happens again, and Plankton thinks it is not right. However, he gets launched out of the Krusty Krab by Mr. Krabs again. Later, Plankton uses a new spray, and sprays Mr. Krabs again. However, he notices Mr. Krabs is now elderly, realizing it was Senior Citizen Spray.
Soon, SpongeBob appears out of nowhere and says a speech about caring for senior citizens. However, Plankton sprays him as well, and then says that they cannot catch him. Both SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs then trap Plankton by knitting a net, getting hit one by one by senior citizens.
Plankton then realizes that there is one ingredient that he is missing to turn people into babies. He goes to Barg'N-Mart, where he buys baby powder, and then goes back to complete the experiment. Using Karen as a test subject, it works. He then returns to the Krusty Krab and sprays all the customers, including SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs, and they remain stuck as babies for the rest of the episode. Plankton is about to get the formula when he gets beaten up by Baby Mr. Krabs who repeatedly slams the bottle on Plankton. He comes back out from under the bottle, and realizes he's got the formula, to which he compares to taking candy from babies, he goes and mocks Mr. Krabs because of the irony and then he realizes Baby SpongeBob got ahold of his gas canister. He yells "Hey, what are you doing?!"
Baby SpongeBob is seen laughing while bashing the canister on the ground. It flies into the air after a crack is put into the canister, the canister explodes, and releases gas everywhere, the gas reaches Plankton, which turns him into a microscopic baby, the scene cuts to Plankton, who is the size of an amoeba, realizing unlike the other babies the gas affected, he doesn't have a diaper. He yells "Ahem! Mama's evil little genius needs a diaper!" while covering his legs, to which the episode ends.
Originally, in the scene where Plankton sits on the bench and watches the baby, Plankton would take a baby bottle a few times and then kidnap the baby. The baby's mother would then walk up to the stroller and ask where her baby went. It was heavily implied in the audio commentary that Incidental 49 was not going to be the baby's mother, so it was later cut.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Hooka - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Towerstreet 17 [#10] - Gerhard Narholz [Plankton steals a Krabby Patty]
‣ Towerstreet 17 [#4] - Gerhard Narholz ["Hold it right there, Plankton."]
‣ Towerstreet 17 [#33] - Gerhard Narholz [Krabs takes the patty from Plankton]
• Mailbox Tension Sting - Nicolas Carr [3... 2... 1... Launch.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Plankton launched back to Chum Bucket]
• Solo Steel 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton on a park bench]
• ? Vibes - Nicolas Carr ["Aw, look at you!"]
‣ Twinkle Toes - Fred Woods [Woman talking to baby]
• Sneaky Transition - Nicolas Carr ["Something about that woman reminds me of my mother."]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["That's it!"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton think about turn Krabs into a baby]
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston [Trail of pennies]
‣ Life or Death - Jack Beaver [Phone booth fills with gas]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Krabs as a baby]
‣ Against The Law (A) - Wilfred William Burns ["Yes! My plan is working perfectly!"]
‣ International Law - Peter Yorke [Plankton arrested]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [Plankton frees himself]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield [Police chase Plankton]
‣ Acts Of Heroism (A) - Trevor Duncan ["Oh, Squidward, thank Neptune you're here."]
‣ Drama Link (E) - Hubert Clifford ["What do we do, Squidward?"]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [At the Chum Bucket]
• Another Goofy Cue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Baby Krabs crying]
‣ Kommissar X - Gerhard Trede [Plankton sprays SpongeBob and Krabs/Plankton sprays SpongeBob and Krabs again]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Krabs throws Plankton back to Chum Bucket]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton comes out of Krabs' mailbox]
‣ Death Trap [#27.02] - Gregor F. Narholz [Plankton chasing Krabs]
• The 3 Challenges - Nicolas Carr [Plankton sprays Krabs]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Krabs as a senior citizen]
‣ The Adventure Begins - Jonathan Neal ["Hold it right there."]
‣ Land of the Bard - Raymond C. Jones ["Old people are our greatest natural resource."]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [SpongeBob as a senior citizen]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton steals a Krabby Patty]
• 12th Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Krabs stop him]
‣ Jarabe Tapatio A - Gerhart Frei, Carlos Periguez [Pinata party]
• Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton doing math equations]
‣ Happy-Go-Lively - Laurie Johnson [Plankton at Barg'N-Mart]
‣ Like Strange - Kenny Graham [Plankton tests his baby gas on Karen]
‣ Zelle 503 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton turning everyone into babies]
• Another Goofy Cue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Babies drooling on Plankton]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["I don't believe it! The Krabby Patty formula!"]
• Another Goofy Cue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Baby Krabs hits Plankton with the formula bottle]
• Flextone Sting - Nicolas Carr [Plankton notices he got the formula]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares ["I've got it!"]
• Another Goofy Cue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob playing with gas container]
‣ Cosmic Cloud - Trevor Duncan [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants?, Season 5 Volume 2, Complete Fifth Season, The Fifth & Sixth Seasons, Big Hits: Volume 1, Triple Pack 1, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Holidays with SpongeBob 3-DVD Gift Set, Really Big Box Set, Favorite Episodes Volume 2, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, From the Beginning, Part 2, Best of SpongeBob, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 8, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob Pack: Volume 1, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This is the only episode to air in Japan before its American premiere.
- This is the second time that an episode premiered over a year after its sister episode. The first was "Gary Takes a Bath."
- This is the only episode from season 5 to be a part of the 12 new episodes in The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash as of being the only episode to premiere in 2009.
- However, this is not the first time this has occurred. In season 2, "Gary Takes a Bath" was held until 2003 when season 3 was airing.
- On June 15, 2011, the television airing changed the air date to September 29, 2007, because that is when the sister episode first aired. It used to be listed as July 19, 2009.
- A clip from the episode was leaked in the menu of SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis.
- When this episode premiered on television in the United States, it was paired with "No Hat for Pat," but since it has re-airing with "Le Big Switch."
- This episode was available on the SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants? and Season 5 Volume 2 DVDs, both released in 2008, before it aired on American television.
- The German version of this episode lacks the text font, color, and background in the title card design.
- This is the first time a telephone booth is seen outside the Krusty Krab. Some other times, a pay phone can be seen on the back of the Krusty Krab or nearby.
- On some airings of this episode, during the scene where Plankton says, "Barnacles, I've run out of gas!," the closed-captions instead read "Particles, I've run out of gas!"
- SpongeBob says that "Old people are our greatest natural resource," which references "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy" when he says, "Old people are the greatest."
- The scenes with Old SpongeBob and Old Mr. Krabs were featured on the fake promo for the Nickelodeon UK channel called "Nick Sr." during April Fool's Day.
- When Karen is sprayed with the gas, she turns into a calculator and displays "HELLO" while turned upside down, which would be the number "0.7734."
- When Plankton turns into a baby, he simply shrinks to microscopic size and can still talk like he could before.
- In the scene where Patrick becomes a baby, a still shot of him has became a popular internet meme due to the fact that he looked disappointed.
- This is the last season 5 episode to air.
- Plankton calls Mr. Krabs "Methuselah," who in the Hebrew Bible, is the oldest person.
- In this episode, the key to the Krusty Krab does not have two Ks, unlike in most other episodes where it has been seen.
- When Plankton comes out of the mailbox, Mr. Krabs' eyebrows are not filled in.
- When Nat sees SpongeBob chasing Plankton, he is at the right side of the table he is sitting next to. When the shot shows Mr. Krabs, he is at the left side of the table.
- Plankton is seen running out of the Krusty Krab with a Krabby Patty with no cheese, but when he leaves the Krusty Krab, there is cheese seen in the patty.
- When Plankton gets trapped in the net, the Krabby Patty he had is suddenly missing.
- The openings on the net were big enough for Plankton to jump out of.
- The net Plankton gets caught in is not held by anything. A trap net will not work unless the supporting string is tied to something.
- Plankton is microscopic as a baby in this episode, but in "Friend or Foe," he is the roughly his regular size as a baby.
- When Plankton turns the adults into babies they end up diapered after being sprayed. However, when Plankton is turned into a baby, he is the only one who does not get one (though he states he needs one).
- ^ https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/goo-goo-gas-in-english.22557/#post-342649
- ^ release of SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants?
- ^ release of Season 5 Volume 2
- ^ https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/new-episodes-in-israel.21368/#post-325394
- ^ Audio Commentary for this episode
- ^ http://en.spongepedia.org/index.php?title=Goo_Goo_Gas
- ^ https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/goo-goo-gas-in-english.22557/#post-342649