- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Shelley (cameo)
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Bubble SpongeBob
- Krabby Patty Patrick (debut)
- French Narrator
- Human racers
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Norma Rechid
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Mrs. Puff (likeness only)
- Jimmy Gus
- Jennifer Millie
- Squidina's mother
- Sheldon (fish)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Frankie Billy
- Monroe Timmy
- Abigail Marge
- Other Bikini Bottomites
SpongeBob wakes up one morning to find out that Gary is missing and discovers that he is the only one left in all of Bikini Bottom. At first, he finds this hard to take. In panic, he runs around town in a desperate attempt to find anyone, but to no avail.
When the others do not return, SpongeBob decides to live out everyone's lives for them. He makes a bubble version of himself in his front yard, then runs to the top floor of Squidward's house, pretending to be Squidward yelling at SpongeBob for making too much noise. The latter then runs to the Krusty Krab, imitating Squidward and Mr. Krabs. He then imitates Patrick in his rock and Sandy at her treedome before running to the boating school and imitating Mrs. Puff.
While in the classroom, he realizes that living out everyone's lives will not work, and breaks down crying on Mrs. Puff's desk. SpongeBob's mood quickly changes when he discovers a stack of blank driver's licenses. He takes a picture of himself, and prints out his own license. He then takes off with the student test boat, naming it "Boaty," and joyriding throughout the city.
SpongeBob and Boaty become inseparable best friends. The latter sleeps with the boat and parks it inside both his house and the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is going insane without people to talk to, and Boaty realizes this. In his closet, SpongeBob has erected a puppet of Patrick out of raw Krabby Patty meat, which he carries out a conversation with. The "Patty-Patrick" warns him that he cannot talk because Boaty is listening. He goes crazy from the sight of any motor vehicle, and when a bus comes, he grabs a fire ax from the cinema to chop at the bus that approaches him.
To his surprise, everyone in Bikini Bottom comes out of it. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that everyone's mysterious disappearance was really a holiday to celebrate being away from the latter for a day called National No SpongeBob Day. Before venturing off, a giant effigy of SpongeBob is erected, and then burned. Everyone then dances on the ashes to celebrate. SpongeBob is deeply saddened by this but Mr. Krabs tells him that the holiday is an honor.
Patrick tells SpongeBob that the holiday is nothing compared to "No Patrick Day." After Patrick says this, everyone decides to celebrate National No Patrick Day and boards the bus except for Patrick, who is halted by SpongeBob. Left alone, Patrick wonders where everyone went obviously forgetting what he just said.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob wakes up]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Gary, come, get it!"]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob looking for Gary]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [SpongeBob going to work]
‣ Apprehensive 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob notices Gary hadn't touched his food since that morning]
‣ Chinese Mystery - Nino Nardini [everyone in town is gone]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob imitating echo]
‣ Explorers 1 [#99.02] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["But I swear that I will keep the memory of Bikini Bottom alive..."]
‣ Tiki Rapido - Lionel Wendling [SpongeBob blows a SpongeBob-shaped bubble]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob imitating Patrick]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob at Sandy's]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [boating school]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob crying]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees a blank driver's license]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["My driver's license!"]
‣ 12th Street Rag 3 - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob driving a boat badly]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Good night, Boaty."]
‣ Unease - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob mumbling in his sleep]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob screams]
‣ Sixties Happy Times - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [montage of SpongeBob and Boaty together]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [making Krabby Patties]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob comes home]
‣ Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Boaty rumbling]
‣ Alone in the Old House - Gregor F. Narholz ["Sorry I'm late, Patrick."]
‣ The Creature (b) - Gregor F. Narholz [three days later]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [SpongeBob runs away]
‣ Dancing in Dreamland (b) - Ron Goodwin [SpongeBob at a movie theater]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [SpongeBob grabs an axe]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["National No SpongeBob Day?"]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets off the bus]
‣ Legion of Honor [#32] - Harry Bluestone [Krabs describing No SpongeBob Day]
‣ Unknown Track 99 - dancing on the ashes
‣ Kalua Jubilee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Spongicus, Season 6 Volume 1, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode premiered as a part of the Gimme 5 marathon.
- According to a calendar seen in Mrs. Puff's Boating School, this episode takes place in October.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob impersonates Mr. Krabs, the first being "Shell of a Man."
- When SpongeBob looks for Squidward in his house, Squidward's 483 self-portraits from the sister episode, "Not Normal," can be seen.
- The way SpongeBob keeps repeating "Go" to make it sound like an echo is similar to how Patrick repeats the word "road" for the same reason in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- The characters whom SpongeBob impersonates include:
- Mr. Krabs
- Mrs. Puff
- Old Man Jenkins
- When SpongeBob impersonates Squidward at the Krusty Krab, he uses a Kelpo box with four plungers for his arms and legs for himself in the kitchen.
- When SpongeBob asks his imitation of Mrs. Puff that the first thing to do when driving a boat is floor it, his line is a reference to "Boating School," where SpongeBob floors it in that episode as the thing to do after starting the boat.
- On SpongeBob's driver's license, it says that his hair color is yellow and that he only weighs one ounce.
- The photo on SpongeBob's driver's license looks similar to his Kenny the Cat Fan Club membership card from "Kenny the Cat."
- To date, this is the only episode to feature Mrs. Puff's Boating School without Mrs. Puff.
- SpongeBob could have put Boaty in his garage.
- Patrick being left alone after being mean to SpongeBob and talking about National No Patrick Day.
- Running gag: SpongeBob imitating people, crashing the boatmobile into walls, and repeating the word "Gone."
- The Sun Block label in this episode reads "SPF" on it. The said initials stand for "Sun Protection Factor."
- The time card "3 Days Later" is similar to the title card of "Good Neighbors."
- At the end of this episode, Patrick is seen holding three balloons that depict his three main colors: pink for his skin, green for his shorts, and purple for the flowers on his shorts.
- This episode premiered seven years after "Survival of the Idiots" and "Dumped" premiered and four years after "Ugh" premiered.
- In French, the title is "Une journée sans Bob L'éponge," which translates to "A Day without SpongeBob."
- This is one of few episodes where no main characters other than SpongeBob play a significant role. SpongeBob is the only main character, not counting the ones he impersonates, who appears up until the end.
- It is revealed that Patrick finds SpongeBob's laugh annoying.
- However, he does not seem to mind it in other episodes.
- Mr. Krabs recalling burning down an effigy of SpongeBob is a reference to the Burning Man.
- The colors of Patrick's three balloons: purple, green, and pink, also reference the main colors associated with the three main characters of The Fairly OddParents! - Timmy, Cosmo, and Wanda respectively - in addition to matching Patrick's color scheme.
- SpongeBob is able to walk right into the Krusty Krab in the morning without Mr. Krabs unlocking the door. However, in episodes such as "Employee of the Month," "The Lost Mattress," and "Once Bitten," Krabs is shown to have to unlock the door with a key so the employees can go inside.
- In the shot of the outside of SpongeBob's house with some wind blowing a lot of leaves, the neighbor's houses, such as Squidward and Patrick's houses, are missing.
- SpongeBob's mouth does not move when he calls for Patrick.
- The lights in Squidward's house appear to be on when SpongeBob goes in to ask if he has seen Gary, but from outside windows, they are not on.
- When SpongeBob is trying to keep Sandy's memory alive, he is not wearing his water helmet in Sandy's treedome and is able to breathe.
- SpongeBob also does not take Sandy's shape as of everyone else.
- When SpongeBob goes to his boating school, he is seen wearing a dress similar to that of Mrs. Puff. When he starts to get upset and sees the blank driver's licenses, he is seen wearing his normal clothes again.
- When SpongeBob is driving Boaty around, he crashes into many things without giving the boat a dent or damage mark.
- When SpongeBob puts Boaty on the patties to make Krabby Patties and floors it, only the wheel on the Krabby Patties moves, but the wheel on the other side does not move at all.
- When SpongeBob gets his boat, said boat's seat is red, but when SpongeBob crashes into his house, wanting to sleep, the boat's seat turns purple.
- When the Bikini Bottomites come out of the bus, some appear out of nowhere.
- When SpongeBob goes to sleep, Boaty is halfway in his pineapple, but later, it is in the bed with the former.
- When SpongeBob is talking to the Krabby Patty Patrick, Krabby Patty Patrick gets significantly smaller when the scene shows Boaty in the background.
- When everybody gets back on the bus, Sandy and most of the other Bikini Bottomites are not seen.
- At the end, SpongeBob becomes terrified of all vehicles, as Boaty is continually watching him, and he attacks the front of a bus with an ax. When everyone leaves for No Patrick Day, however, the ax is mysteriously gone.
- SpongeBob says the whole town was gone for weeks, but they were only away for one day to celebrate National No SpongeBob Day.
- SpongeBob imitating people and crashing the boatmobile into walls.
- All citizens of Bikini Bottom disappear.