- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Shelley (cameo)
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Bubble SpongeBob
- Krabby Patty Patrick (debut)
- French Narrator
- Human racers
- Incidental 6 (cameo)
- Incidental 7 (cameo)
- Incidental 40 (cameo)
- Incidental 41 (cameo)
- Incidental 4 (cameo)
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 49
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Mrs. Puff (likeness only)
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 64
- Sandy Cheeks
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 48
- Bikini Bottomites
One morning, SpongeBob wakes up to find out that Gary is missing and soon discovers that he is the only one left in all of Bikini Bottom. At first, he finds this hard to take. In a panic, he runs around town in a desperate attempt to find anyone, but to no avail.
When the others do not return, SpongeBob decides to live out everyone's lives for them. He makes a bubble version of himself in his front yard, then runs to the top floor of Squidward's house, pretending to be Squidward yelling at SpongeBob for making too much noise. The latter then runs to the Krusty Krab, imitating Squidward and Mr. Krabs. He then imitates Patrick in his rock and Sandy at her treedome before running to the boating school and imitating Mrs. Puff.
While in the classroom, he realizes that living out everyone's lives will not work, and breaks down crying on his desk. SpongeBob's mood quickly changes when he discovers a stack of blank driver's licenses. He takes a picture of himself, and prints out his own license. He then takes off with the student test boat, naming it "Boaty," and joyriding throughout the city.
SpongeBob and Boaty become inseparable best friends. The latter sleeps with the boat and parks it inside both his house and the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is going insane without people to talk to, and Boaty realizes this. In his closet, SpongeBob has erected a puppet of Patrick out of raw Krabby Patty meat, which he carries out a conversation with. The "Patty-Patrick" warns him that he cannot talk because Boaty is listening. He goes crazy from the sight of any motor vehicle, and when a bus comes, he grabs a fire axe from the cinema to chop at the bus that approaches him.
To his surprise, everyone in Bikini Bottom comes out of it. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that everyone's mysterious disappearance was really a holiday to celebrate being away from the latter for a day called National No SpongeBob Day. Before venturing off, a giant effigy of SpongeBob is erected, and then burned. Everyone then dances on the ashes to celebrate. SpongeBob is deeply saddened by this, but Mr. Krabs tells him that the holiday is an honor.
Patrick tells SpongeBob that the holiday is nothing compared to "No Patrick Day." After Patrick says this, everyone decides to celebrate National No Patrick Day and boards the bus except for Patrick, who is stopped by SpongeBob. The second everyone leaves, Patrick sadly wonders where they went, obviously forgetting what he just said as the episode closes.
- SpongeBob imitating people.
- SpongeBob crashing the boatmobile into walls.
- SpongeBob saying "Gone."
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob wakes up]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Gary, come, get it!"]
• Goofy Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob looking for Gary]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [SpongeBob going to work]
‣ Apprehensive 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob notices Gary hadn't touched his food since that morning]
‣ Chinese Mystery - Nino Nardini [everyone in town is gone]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob imitating echo]
‣ Explorers 1 [#99.02] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["But I swear that I will keep the memory of Bikini Bottom alive..."]
‣ Tiki Rapido - Lionel Wendling [SpongeBob blows a SpongeBob-shaped bubble]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [at the Krusty Krab]
• Seaweed 1 - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob imitating Patrick]
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob at Sandy's]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [boating school]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob crying]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees a blank driver's license]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["My driver's license!"]
• 12th Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob driving a boat badly]
‣ Hawaiian Link (B) - Richard Myhill ["Good night, Boaty."]
‣ Unease - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob mumbling in his sleep]
‣ Dramatic Impact (2) - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob screams]
• 60's Happy Times - Nicolas Carr [montage of SpongeBob and Boaty together]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [making Krabby Patties]
• Steel Licks 11 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob comes home]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Boaty rumbling]
‣ Alone In The Old House - Gregor F. Narholz ["Sorry I'm late, Patrick."]
‣ The Creature (b) - Gregor F. Narholz [three days later]
‣ Crime And Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [SpongeBob runs away]
‣ Dancing In Dreamland (A) - Ron Goodwin [SpongeBob at a movie theater]
‣ Crime And Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [SpongeBob grabs an axe]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["National No SpongeBob Day?"]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets off the bus]
‣ Legion of Honor [#32] - Harry Bluestone [Krabs describing No SpongeBob Day]
• Roots of the Pacific - Tahiti - Big Fish Audio, Nicolas Carr [dancing on the ashes]
• Flashback - Nicolas Carr [back to present]
• Kalua Jubalee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Spongicus, Season 6 Volume 1, Complete Sixth Season, Time Travel, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Kids Double Pack: Volume 6, The Fifth & Sixth Seasons, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 9, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Absorbingly SpongeBob, 3 DVD Value Pack Volume 2, SpongeBob Pack: Volume 1, SpongeBob's Legendary Adventures, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode premiered as a part of the Gimme 5 marathon.
- This is the last episode produced in 2007.
- According to a calendar seen in Mrs. Puff's Boating School, this episode takes place in October.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob impersonates Mr. Krabs, the first being "Shell of a Man."
- When SpongeBob looks for Squidward in his house, Squidward's 483 self-portraits from the sister episode, "Not Normal," can be seen.
- SpongeBob is able to walk right into the Krusty Krab in the morning without Mr. Krabs unlocking the door. However, in episodes such as "Employee of the Month," "The Lost Mattress," and "Once Bitten," Krabs is shown to have to unlock the door with a key so the employees can go inside.
- The way SpongeBob keeps repeating "go" to make it sound like an echo is similar to how Patrick repeats the word "road" for the same reason in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- The characters whom SpongeBob impersonates include:
- Mr. Krabs
- Mrs. Puff
- Old Man Jenkins
- When SpongeBob impersonates Squidward at the Krusty Krab, he uses a Kelpo box with four plungers for his arms and legs for himself in the kitchen. At Squidward’s front yard, he blows a bubble in the shape of himself and plays a record of himself laughing.
- When SpongeBob asks his imitation of Mrs. Puff that the first thing to do when driving a boat is floor it, his line is a reference to "Boating School," where SpongeBob floors it in that episode as the thing to do after starting the boat.
- On SpongeBob's driver's license, it says that his hair color is yellow and that he only weighs one ounce.
- The photo on SpongeBob's driver's license looks similar to his Kenny the Cat Fan Club membership card from "Kenny the Cat."
- To date, this is the only episode to feature Mrs. Puff's Boating School without Mrs. Puff.
- SpongeBob could have put Boaty in his garage.
- SpongeBob could’ve cloned himself like he did in the Krusty Krab training video.
- The Sun Block label in this episode reads "SPF" on it. The said initials stand for "Sun Protection Factor."
- The time card "Three Days Later" in this episode used a similar background to the title card of "Good Neighbors" and the "Several Days Later" time card in "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired", except darker, is zoomed down, and there are no orange specks.
- At the end of this episode, Patrick is seen holding three balloons that depict his three main colors: pink for his skin, green for his shorts, and purple for the flowers on his shorts.
- In the Indonesian dub, most of the scenes starting from SpongeBob making his own driver license until working at Krusty Krab with Boaty were all skipped to where SpongeBob and Boaty returning home from Krusty Krab. This was most likely done due to time constraints.
- This is one of few episodes where no main characters other than SpongeBob play a significant role. SpongeBob is the only main character, not counting the ones he impersonates, who appears up until the end.
- SpongeBob's ability to impersonate other characters would later become a main plot point in the season 10 episode, "Mimic Madness."
- It is revealed that Patrick finds SpongeBob's laugh annoying.
- However, he does not seem to mind it in other episodes.
- Gary, Plankton, Pearl, and Karen are the only main characters SpongeBob did not impersonate.
- Despite taking place on National No SpongeBob Day, the episode takes place over several days.
- Mr. Krabs recalling burning down an effigy of SpongeBob is a reference to the Burning Man.
- It is unknown how SpongeBob was able to breathe in Sandy's treedome without a water helmet.
- The theater and the street lights are on even though SpongeBob is the only person in Bikini Bottom.
- It is possible that they left them on.
- In the shot of the outside of SpongeBob's house with some wind blowing a lot of leaves, Squidward and Patrick's houses are missing.
- SpongeBob's mouth does not move when he calls for Patrick.
- The lights in Squidward's house appear to be on when SpongeBob goes in to ask if he has seen Gary, but from outside windows, they are not on.
- When SpongeBob goes to his boating school, he is seen wearing a dress similar to that of Mrs. Puff. When he starts to get upset and sees the blank driver's licenses, he is seen wearing his normal clothes again.
- When Boaty drives away for the first time, SpongeBob's mouth is briefly seen overlapping the boat for a split second.
- When SpongeBob puts Boaty on the patties to make Krabby Patties and floors it, only the wheel on the Krabby Patties moves, but the wheel on the other side does not move at all.
- When SpongeBob gets his boat, its seat is red, but when SpongeBob crashes into his house, wanting to sleep, it turns purple.
- When the Bikini Bottomites come out of the bus, some appear out of nowhere.
- When SpongeBob goes to sleep, Boaty is halfway in his pineapple, but later, Boaty is in bed with him.
- When SpongeBob is talking to the Krabby Patty Patrick, Krabby Patty Patrick gets significantly smaller when the scene shows Boaty in the background.
- At the end, SpongeBob becomes terrified of all vehicles, as Boaty is continually watching him, and he attacks the front of a bus with an ax. When everyone leaves for No Patrick Day, however, the ax is gone.
- In the scene where Patrick is seen holding three balloons, Fred is seen beside Incidental 46, but when camera close up to SpongeBob, Fred is next to Incidental 45.