- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gal Pals (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Virtual reality Bikini Bottomites
- Single celled organisms
- Clouds (debut)
The episode starts with Sandy, in microscopic form, with amoebas. She becomes big again after going onto an exit button, since she had reached the milestone of being an amoeba for a week. She then calls Karen to tell her about her scientific discovery. Karen however cannot hear her because of Plankton's tantrum, so Sandy says to meet her at the corner café, and then hangs up. Meanwhile, at Mrs. Puff's Boating School, SpongeBob is doing another drivers test. When SpongeBob crashes into a brick wall, Sandy calls Mrs. Puff. Sandy tells her if she wants to come with her and Karen for the night, and Mrs. Puff accepts, although afterward SpongeBob keeps interrupting and tries to tell Mrs. Puff to say to Sandy that he said hi.
At the cafe, Sandy tries to tell Mrs. Puff and Karen about her discovery, but Mrs. Puff and Karen acknowledge that they have had rough day. They both start crying, until Sandy tells them that they are having a girls night out and that they should have fun, so they all join hands while Karen shows "Gal Pals" on her screen. At the Chum Bucket, Karen asks why pranking Plankton would make her feel better, but Sandy says it will be guaranteed. Mrs. Puff and Sandy get into a costume designed as Mr. Krabs, while Karen mimics Mr. Krabs' voice. When the costume comes up to the window, Plankton wakes up and sees it. Karen voice Mr. Krabs says that Mr. Krabs is going back to the navy and that he'll give Plankton the formula, and said to meet him at the Krusty Krab where he'll "give" it. Plankton actually falls for this, and says he'll meet him there. Mrs. Puff and Sandy inside the Mr. Krabs costume get back in the dumpster they were hiding in before Plankton got out of the Chum Bucket to meet Mr. Krabs.
Plankton gets to the Krusty Krab, where when he arrives, an alarm goes off and Mr. Krabs gets to the Krusty Krab on his boat in light speed. They both fight it out with big weapons, as the trio of woman laugh in enjoyment. They then go to SpongeBob's house, where they unlock the door and take out SpongeBob, sleeping on his mattress, outside. They take him out of the mattress, and Sandy puts on a virtual reality helmet on him. In virtual reality, SpongeBob hears a ring. He sees that he is in his living room. When he walks up to the door and opens it, Norton is seen, who is being played by Mrs. Puff. Norton gives SpongeBob his "driving license," and then shows him his new "boat," which is actually a shopping cart.
SpongeBob starts to "drive," although it's actually the trio shaking the cart. SpongeBob doesn't believe it's real, although after seeing some figures, he thinks it's real. Mrs. Puff however gets excited when doing the prank, so she crashes the shopping cart back and forth on the road. Sandy says to Mrs. Puff to keep it easy, but just then SpongeBob has started rolling down the road, so the trio starts to chase him, They go into the city, where SpongeBob causes chaos in Bikini Bottom, while the trio is trying to stop him. SpongeBob eventually gets onto a hill with a brick wall saying "Dead End" on it. The trio, especially Mrs. Puff, try to save him, but they fall off the cliff at the end of the hill. SpongeBob thinks he's flying, although he's really falling, and lands on Mrs. Puff, very inflated, on top of Sandy, Karen, and the cart.
SpongeBob takes off his virtual reality helmet and sees the real world, and Mrs. Puff, who he's sitting on. SpongeBob realizes they played a prank on him, although he acknowledges that he loves pranks. He then puts on the helmet again and rides in mid-air. Sandy then suggests a new place for a night in peace. They are then seen in microscopic form with amoeba, and the trio says that this was a great idea. However, SpongeBob, Plankton, and Mr. Krabs as an amoebas comes in and starts annoying them there, too.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ In Texas Tonight - Jean-Jacques Perrey [Sandy as an amoeba capturing amoebas on the microscope]
‣ Mutations (c) [#55] - Trevor Duncan [Sandy reverts back to her normal form]
‣ Phrases 3 - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["Holy osmosis! I lived as an amoeba for a whole week!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy calls to the Chum Bucket]
‣ A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Sandy starts talking Karen/Sandy tells Karen to meet with her at the corner café at night]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [SpongeBob on boating exam at Mrs. Puff's boating school]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Walter [Sandy calls Mrs. Puff to meet with her and Sandy at the corner café at night]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Walter [Mrs. Puff closes boating school]
‣ Kitsch Comedy - Peter Jeffries [Sandy, Karen and Mrs. Puff at the corner café at night]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [Karen and Mrs. Puff crying]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield [Karen and Mrs. Puff join hands with Sandy]
‣ Gal Pals Logo - Nicolas Carr ["Gal Pals" graphic on Karen's screen]
‣ Hiding Place - Marc Dall'Anese [Mrs. Puff and Sandy disguised as Mr. Krabs outside the Chum Bucket]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Fake Mr. Krabs tells Plankton he's gonna give the Krabby Patty secret formula at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Tiptoe Footsteps - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Plankton runs off]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel ["I think he bought it."]
‣ Phrases 2 - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Plankton goes to the Krusty Krab]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Plankton enters the Krusty Krab]
‣ Punctuations - Ralph Dollimore [Mr. Krabs arrives at the Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Karen, Mrs. Puff and Sandy laughing]
‣ Gal Pals Logo - Nicolas Carr ["Gal pals!"]
‣ Punctuations - Ralph Dollimore [Plankton gets launched]
‣ Sneaky Factor - Billie Ray Fingers, Andrew Brick Johnson, Bruce Fingers [Sandy and Mrs. Puff take SpongeBob out of his house while he's sleeping]
‣ Quirky Tension B - John Epping [SpongeBob sees the mailman on his door through the virtual reality helmet]
‣ Kitsch Twist - Harold Geller, Desmond Champ [SpongeBob drives a boat through the virtual reality helmet]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Maybe it's about time we let SpongeBob in on the joke."]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob driving the shopping cart down the road]
‣ Gal pals Logo - Nicolas Carr ["Gal Pals" graphic on Karen's screen again]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Boats crashing as SpongeBob drives the shopping cart]
‣ Gal Pals Logo - Nicolas Carr ["Gal Pals" graphic on Karen's screen again]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff saves SpongeBob]
‣ Phrases 3 - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [SpongeBob sees a cloud through the virtual reality helmet]
‣ Syncy Winky - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [SpongeBob sees Mrs. Puff]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Mrs. Puff?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You guys played a prank on me, huh?"]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Mrs. Puff saved my life! Now I will stay by your side forever!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I know somewhere where we can finish our ladies night in peace."]
‣ Kitsch Comedy - Peter Jeffries [Sandy, Mrs. Puff and Karen as amoebas in Sandy's microscope]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Krabs and Plankton appear as amoebas in Sandy's microscope]
‣ Gal Pals Logo - Nicolas Carr ["Gal pals!"]
- Pearl is the only major female character who does not appear in this episode. However, Pearl becomes part of the Gal Pals group in a later episode called "A Cabin in the Kelp."
- This and "Karen's Virus" are the first episodes to premiere on a day that daylight saving time ends in the United States.
- When this episode premiered, it was paired up with "Karen's Virus."
- This episode, alongside a couple of episodes, were leaked in Turkey before its Turkish premiere in a Turkish satellite television provider's (Digiturk) streaming service called beIN CONNECT in January 2019.
- Karen confirms that she and Plankton have been married for 26 years, which means that, at the time of when this episode premiered, they have been together since 1992.
- When Mrs. Puff puffs up after she crashed, she has her deep voice just like in season 1.
- The license that Norton gives SpongeBob says it expires on December 14, 2003. It is the same one from the episodes, "Sleepy Time," "No Free Rides," and "Nautical Novice."
- Patrick also has a license with the same expiration date in "Driven to Tears."
- This episode premiered 13 years after "SquidBob TentaclePants" premiered.
- In the French dub, Bob Jaques' name is misspelled as Bob Jacques in the opening credits.
- Karen saying "Gal Pals."
- SpongeBob shouting, "Tell her I said hi!"
- Sandy becoming a microscopic organism.
- Karen saying "Er" in her Mr. Krabs voice.