- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Clam (mentioned)
- Gary the Snail
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Human crowd
- Squidward's lawyers (mentioned)
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 41 (normal; light yellow fin)
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 42
- Ted (fish)
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 93
- Barney (cameo)
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 65
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 73
- Male skier
- Incidental 151
- Female fish on poster (debut)
- Harold's grandma (mentioned)
Squidward goes to check his kelp garden one morning and sees that it is all wilted. He uses a plant fertilizer called Kelp Grow to make them grow taller. Suddenly, SpongeBob and Patrick appear and Patrick starts eating the kelp, much to Squidward's anger. Patrick pulls out some ice cream and Squidward sprays it with Kelp Grow, causing it to grow bigger. SpongeBob and Patrick steal it from Squidward and spray his noise with it. They run around town with the Kelp Grow doing "good deeds" for people.Squidward finally catches up to them and demands that they fix his nose. However, when they try to shrink his nose, it only becomes bigger. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to even out his entire body, which turns him into a "giant monster" who the residents believe to be invading the town.
As the townspeople gather around Squidward, a small boy appears and suggests that Squidward might be a nice monster like the one in his storybook. To keep the Bikini Bottomites from hurting him, Squidward agrees with the little boy and tells the town and offers to help the townspeople in different ways. Throughout the day, citizens ask him to help them with various things, which Squidward does without complaint to prove that he is nice.
However, the Bikini Bottomites soon turn on him as he does not say "Bless you" to a fish who sneezes. He runs away to a remote location outside of the town and decides to camp out there for the night. He notices that Patrick and SpongeBob are having a sleepover in his belly button because they wanted to show that they still like him. Squidward forces them out and begins crying, saying that they have ruined his life. SpongeBob and Patrick feel remorseful and decide to make it up to him.
The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick give him the greatest present that he could ever have: a giant clarinet that sounds amazing. When Squidward starts playing it, he shrinks back to his normal size. He is upset that he can no longer play his giant clarinet but realizes he still has his kelp garden. However, he finds that his kelp garden has been cut down. It turns out that SpongeBob and Patrick used his kelp to make him a kelp mache clarinet. This enrages Squidward, and he chases after the two as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [opening]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [Squidward looks in the mirror]
• Steel Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's kelp garden]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward screams]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick is helping me do good deeds today."]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr ["That's a great idea, Squidward!"]
• You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick sprays Squidward's nose with Kelp Grow]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["There he is."]
‣ West Side Rumble - Sam Spence [SpongeBob sprays Mr. Krabs' penny]
• Steel Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [giant penny crushes Mr. Krabs]
‣ Unknown Track 98 - rimshot
‣ Man from the Ministry [#87] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Good deed accomplished!"]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["We need another good deed!"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm, how to fix his nose."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Patrick, that's brilliant!"]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob spraying Squidward]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer ["I look horrible!"]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward squirts ink]
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford [Squidward grows to gigantic size]
• Gator - Steve Belfer ["I know, I know!"]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward chases SpongeBob and Patrick]
‣ Dramatic Sea Battle - Gerhard Trede [citizens panic]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["You are very good at pretending, Squidward!"]
‣ Bucaneers 5 [#12] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [angry mob]
‣ Young Ballerina - David Farnon ["Maybe he's a nice monster, like in my storybook."]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, right, I hadn't thought of that."]
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, goodness gracious, yes!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["He hurt the little one's feelings!"]
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [citizens attack Squidward]
‣ Shock Entrance [#24] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Okay, okay, I'm nice."]
‣ Hawaiian Flower - Jon Jelmer ["Compliment me on my new hairdo?"]
‣ ? ["Let the junior guppies camp out under your toenails?"]
‣ Little Night Box - Leo Nissim [guppies sleeping]
‣ Yodel of Joy - Martha Wild, Renato Bui ["Take me to the top of Mount Humongous?"]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap ["Blow on my windmill?"]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [people asking Squidward for favors]
• Marlin March - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Giant Squidward is now a helpful giant]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [everyone gasps]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [mob chases Squidward]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Uh... I'm a lamppost."]
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Squidward sneaks away]
‣ Murder Scene 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [giant trap surrounding Squidward's house]
• Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, Squidward, I guess this is your new life."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Where are you?"]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick in Squidward's bellybutton]
• Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward crying]
• Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick working on something]
‣ Proud Fanfare - David Farnon [SpongeBob and Patrick give Squidward a gift]
• Swell Idea - Nicolas Carr [Squidward opens the gift]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["A giant clarinet?"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward plays it]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["And it sounds divine!"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward shrinks as it plays again]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Now I'm too small to play my giant clarinet!"/"It was the most beautiful thing I've ever played!"]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob vs. The Big One, Season 6 Volume 1, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 8, Complete Sixth Season, Treasure Chest: Double Pack, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Double Feature Volume 3, The SpongeBob Super Square Collection, Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2009, SpongeBob SquarePants Has Hit Rock Bottom, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- The title card background resembles Squidward's wallpaper, but it is blue instead of green.
- Both this and its sister episode, "No Nose Knows," have Patrick appearing from Squidward's flowers.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick make Gary's shell grow, it looks like Prehistoric Gary and his shell in "Ugh."
- It is revealed that SpongeBob and Patrick think Squidward is ugly with his normal nose.
- Squidward's actions in this episode are similar to SpongeBob's in "The Sponge Who Could Fly;" he starts by doing favors for everyone, but then starts doing ridiculous things like doing someone else's homework, helping with plants, etc.
- Mark Fite guest voices as the ski fish in this episode.
- The Sun-N-Fun Island campers from "The Inmates of Summer" reappear in this episode.
- This is the first episode where Squidward inks himself.
- This is the second episode where Squidward's size changes, and says the exact quote, "What did you do to me?" The first is in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV."
- In Indonesian airings, the scenes where SpongeBob and Patrick "help" Gary and Mr. Krabs are cut.
- This episode was paired with "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom" during the Massive Monster Mayhem Marathon.
- The episode's name is a pun on "Giant Squid."
- Squidward is tied to the ground by the Bikini Bottomites, similarly to how Gulliver was tied down by the Lilliputians in Gulliver's Travels.
- At the start of the episode, Squidward has no lines on his forehead. When he is at the mirror, he has one line that he adjusts. When he walks out of the house, he has three.
- At the very beginning of the episode, Squidward's wooden front stepping stones are missing.
- When Patrick says, "Bellybutton," his eyebrows disappear.
- When giant, Squidward's height changes constantly.
- When the villagers with torches and weapons in a mob are chasing after Giant Squidward, one of their white eyes briefly turn red and blue for a split-second.
- All of the fire torches go out simultaneously at a random time.
- When Tina blinks her eyes while the lifeguard is asking Giant Squidward if he is a nice monster, her eyelashes disappear.
- When Squidward falls over, he lands on his front but when he is tied up, he is on his back.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick build the giant clarinet, Squidward's house is missing.
- At the end of the episode, when SpongeBob and Patrick are running away from Squidward, the latter's footsteps are not heard.