- Squidward Tentacles
- Giant Squidward (debut)
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Clam (mentioned)
- Gary the Snail
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Human crowd
- Squidward's lawyers (mentioned)
- Monroe Timmy
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Peterson Nat Tucker (normal; light yellow fin)
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Norma Rechid
- Ted (fish)
- Miss Shell
- Barney (cameo)
- Tina Fran
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Frankie Billy
- Billy (lime fish)
- Old Man Jenkins
- Male skier
- Female fish on poster (debut)
- Harold's grandma (mentioned)
One morning, Squidward wakes up in bed, stops the alarm clock, and puts on his slippers as he gets up to leave his bed. Later, he checks himself in the mirror to make sure he is perfect for the day. He opens the front door and goes to his kelp garden, where he notices that his kelp is all wilted. He uses a spray called Kelp Grow to make them grow taller and healthier, and as he smells it, Patrick appears from it. SpongeBob also appears and its revealed Patrick is the reason for the garden's state by eating it. Squidward orders Patrick to stop and the latter nervously agrees. Patrick starts to eat ice cream that Squidward sprays with Kelp grow increasing its size. When SpongeBob and Patrick then see the Kelp Grow, they steal it from Squidward and fiddle with it by spraying various things in Bikini Bottom to make them grow larger.
Squidward is angry that they stole it from him, because one of the things they sprayed was his nose. They go around town doing "good deeds," such as expanding Gary's shell and turning one of Mr. Krabs' pennies giant because SpongeBob mentions that Mr. Krabs always wanted to make "big money" (though this was not what he meant). Squidward finally catches up to them and forces them to shrink his nose. However, when they try to shrink his nose, it only becomes bigger. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to even out his entire body, which turns him into a "giant monster" who the residents believe to be invading the town.
Many fish gather into a mob and threaten to hurt Squidward in various ways. A small boy appears in the crowd and suggests that Squidward might be a nice monster like the one in his storybook. To keep the Bikini Bottomites from hurting him, Squidward quickly agrees with the little boy and tells the town he can actually help them and will not destroy the town. Throughout the day, citizens ask him to help them with various things, which Squidward does to prove he is nice. He gets more and more tired from doing the town favors, even through simple tasks.
Eventually, Nat sneezes which Squidward presumably does not hear. This causes the Bikini Bottomites to turn on him as he did not say bless you. He runs away to a remote location outside of the town when the day ends, where he misses his comfortable old life and is forced to sleep on a makeshift bed of coral. He finds that Patrick and SpongeBob are having a sleepover in his belly button because they wanted to show that they still considered him a friend. Squidward forces them out, and begins crying because of what happened to him. This captures the attention of SpongeBob, who feels bad because they only enlarged Squidward as a good deed.
The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick give him the greatest present that he could ever have: a giant clarinet with exquisite sound to make up for the mishap their first good deed caused. When Squidward starts playing it, he shrinks back to his normal size. He is upset that he can no longer play his giant clarinet, but realizes he still has his kelp garden. He runs home to his garden, but finds the kelp from his garden to be cut down. He wonders what happened to his garden, and SpongeBob explains that they used his kelp to make him a kelp-mache clarinet. This enrages Squidward, causing him to chase after SpongeBob and Patrick as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [opening]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [Squidward looks in the mirror]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's kelp garden]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward screams]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick is helping me do good deeds today."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["That's a great idea, Squidward!"]
‣ You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick sprays Squidward's nose with Kelp Grow]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["There he is."]
‣ West Side Rumble - Sam Spence [SpongeBob sprays Mr. Krabs' penny]
‣ Steel Link (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [giant penny crushes Mr. Krabs]
‣ Unknown Track 98 - rimshot
‣ Man from the Ministry - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Good deed accomplished!"]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["We need another good deed!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm, how to fix his nose."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Patrick, that's brilliant!"]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob spraying Squidward]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer ["I look horrible!"]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward squirts ink]
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford [Squidward grows to gigantic size]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["I know, I know!"]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward chases SpongeBob and Patrick]
‣ Dramatic Sea Battle - Gerhard Trede [citizens panic]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["You are very good at pretending, Squidward!"]
‣ Bucaneers 5 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [angry mob]
‣ Young Ballerina - David Farnon ["Maybe he's a nice monster, like in my story book."]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, right, I hadn't thought of that."]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, goodness gracious, yes!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["He hurt the little one's feelings!"]
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [citizens attack Squidward]
‣ Shock Entrance [#24] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Okay, okay, I'm nice."]
‣ Hawaiian Flower - Jon Jelmer ["Compliment me on my new hairdo?"]
‣ ? ["Let the junior guppies camp out under your toenails?"]
‣ Little Night Box - Leo Nissim [guppies sleeping]
‣ Yodel of Joy - Martha Wild, Renato Bui ["Take me to the top of Mount Humongous?"]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap ["Blow on my windmill?"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [people asking Squidward for favors]
‣ Marlin March - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Giant Squidward is now a helpful giant]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [everyone gasps]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [mob chases Squidward]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Uh... I'm a lamppost."]
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Squidward sneaks away]
‣ Murder Scene 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [giant trap surrounding Squidward's house]
‣ Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, Squidward, I guess this is your new life."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Where are you?"]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick in Squidward's bellybutton]
‣ Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward crying]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick working on something]
‣ Proud Fanfare - David Farnon [SpongeBob and Patrick give Squidward a gift]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Squidward opens the gift]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["A giant clarinet?"]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward plays it]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["And it sounds divine!"]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward shrinks as it plays again]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Now I'm too small to play my giant clarinet!"/"It was the most beautiful thing I've ever played!"]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob vs. The Big One, Season 6 Volume 1, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- Although this episode premiered in 2008, it was made in 2007 according to the credits.
- The title card background resembles Squidward's wallpaper, but it's blue instead of green.
- Both this and its sister episode, "No Nose Knows," have Patrick appearing from Squidward's flowers.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick make Gary's shell grow, it looks like Prehistoric Gary and his shell in "Ugh."
- Ironically, SpongeBob and Patrick actually do bad deeds, not good deeds, although not on purpose.
- If the viewer assumes that SpongeBob is four inches tall, then Giant Squidward would be about 34 inches tall.
- Squidward's actions in this episode are similar to SpongeBob's in "The Sponge Who Could Fly"; he starts out by doing favors for everyone, but then starts doing ridiculous things like doing someone else's homework, helping with plants, etc.
- Mark Fite guest voices as the ski fish in this episode.
- The Sun Fun Island campers from "The Inmates of Summer" reappear in this episode.
- This is the first episode where Squidward inks himself.
- This is the second episode where Squidward's size changes, and says the exact quote, "What did you do to me?" The first is in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV."
- This is one of the few times Gary and Squidward get along, since they both dealt with SpongeBob and Patrick's antics.
- In Indonesian airings, the scenes where SpongeBob and Patrick "help" Gary and Mr. Krabs are cut.
- This episode was paired with "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom" during the Massive Monster Mayhem Marathon.
- It is revealed that SpongeBob and Patrick think Squidward is ugly with his normal nose.
- In this episode, Squidward actually plays his clarinet well, unlike most of the episodes.
- This episode brings up and shows Squidward's belly button the most in the series. The times it is shown is when Spongebob enlarges it with the fertilizer, when Squidward says that he looks horrible and when Spongebob and Patrick have a sleepover inside of it.
- The episode's name is possibly a pun on "Giant Squid."
- Squidward is tied to the ground by the Bikini Bottomites, similarly to how Gulliver was tied down by the Lilliputians in Gulliver's Travels.
- At the start of the episode, Squidward has no lines on his forehead. When he is at the mirror, he has one line that he adjusts. When he walks out of the house, he has three.
- In the very beginning of the episode, Squidward's wooden front stepping stones are missing.
- When Patrick says "Belly button," his eyebrows disappear.
- When giant, Squidward's height changes constantly.
- When the villagers with torches and weapons in a mob are chasing after Giant Squidward, one of their white eyes briefly turn red and blue for a split-second.
- A man pulls a burning torch out of a briefcase. This is impossible, as the torch would burn the briefcase. However, this was probably done for a comedic effect.
- All of the fire torches go out simultaneously at a random time.
- When Tina blinks her eyes while the lifeguard is asking Giant Squidward if he is a nice monster, her eyelashes disappear.
- It is unknown how or where the townspeople got the giant rake to catch Squidward.
- When Squidward falls over, he lands on his front but when he is tied up, he is on his back.
- The lifeguard fish puts lipstick on Squidward, but when Squidward puts the skiing fish on the mountain, the lipstick disappears. However, he may have gotten rid of it off-screen.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick build the giant clarinet, Squidward's house is missing.
- At the end of the episode, when SpongeBob and Patrick are running away from Squidward, the latter's footsteps are not heard.