Amazon Prime Video
Scare up the laughs with this collection featuring the double-episode, Ghoul Fools, where SpongeBob and Patrick are caught in the middle of a ghostly feud, then meet the fancy knottin' champ of the last 3000 years, go on a treasure hunt and more!
You’re in for thirills and chills and really funny stuff with this SpongeBob SquarePants lineup featuring the sea’s least-scary scary ghost, the Flying Dutchman himself! Aye, this here set has the spooky special double-episode, Ghoul Fools, where SpongeBob and Patrick find themselves in the middle of a ridiculous feud between a crew of ghost pirates and the Flying Dutchman. Then the boys make the mistake of disturbin’ the Flying Dutchman’s sleep, so he turns them into ghosts … SpongeBob gets a lesson in tying knots from the first-place winner in the fancy knottin' contest for the last 3000 years … Mr. Krabs trades SpongeBob for the money in the Flying Dutchman’s pocket, all 62¢ of it … the boys are off to, argh, find buried, argh, treasure with, argh, Mr. Krabs and his, argh, familiar-looking treasure map … the Flying Dutchman overstays his welcome at SpongeBob’s house, rendering all his scares a total bore, so it’s up to SpongeBob to help Dutchie get his ghostly gift back … and Mr. Krabs learns the scariest, most awful thing he could ever imagine – his money wants to be spent! You’re in for hours of ghostly good tales from SpongeBob SquarePants!
|162 - "Ghoul Fools"|
|133a - "The Curse of Bikini Bottom" (Replaced with "Shanghaied" on international versions)|
|70b - "Ghost Host"|
|56a - "Born Again Krabs"|
|17a - "Arrgh!"|
|21a - "Your Shoe's Untied"|
|88a - "Money Talks"|
|List of home videos|
- All of the episodes on this DVD feature the Flying Dutchman.
- Season 6 is the only season from the first eight that does not have an episode in this DVD.
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD to not contain special features.
- The only preview is for the It's a SpongeBob Christmas! DVD and Blu-ray.
- This DVD's name is the same as the episode it is based on, except it adds an extra "s" to "Ghoul."
- This DVD has episodes from all of the Flying Dutchman appearances up to season 8, except for "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost" and "Scaredy Pants" in season 1 and "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" in season 6.
- On the Australian version, "The Curse of Bikini Bottom" is replaced with "Shanghaied." However, "The Curse of Bikini Bottom" was later featured on the Bikini Bottom Buddies DVD in that country.
- This DVD was released on iTunes on the same day as the DVD.
- This DVD was re-released in the SpongeBob ScaryPants Collection DVD box set on September 9, 2014.
- In the Japanese release, "Bubble Troubles," "Planet of the Jellyfish," "Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go!" and "Treats!" are included, replacing all episodes except the titular one.
- The back of the DVD says the description for "Shanghaied" instead of "Born Again Krabs."
- The description for "The Curse of Bikini Bottom" says that SpongeBob and Patrick disturbed the Flying Dutchman's slumber. This is wrong, because they cut off his beard and did not disturb his slumber.