- Gary the Snail
- Monica (debut)
- Green pirate
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mable (cameo)
- Mable's snail (debut)
- Dave's snail
- Dave (cameo)
- Male judge
- Norma Rechid (cameo)
- Mary the Snail (debut)
- Mary's ex-boyfriend
- Monica the Anchovy
- Bully Snail (debut)
- Dan the Orange Snail (debut)
- Jimmy Gus
- Jimmy Gus' snails (debut)
- Fred's snail (debut)
- Elderly snail (debut)
- Mrs. Squiggles
- Abigail Marge
- Abigail Marge's snail (debut)
- Harold's Snail (debut)
- Shubie's snails (debut)
- Dennis' snails (debut)
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Nat's snail (debut)
- French poodle worm
- Miss Shell
- Archie's snail (debut)
- Dennis' worm (debut)
- Kenney the Worm
- Thaddeus' worm (debut)
- Scooter's snail (debut)
- Evelyn's snail (debut)
- Francis' snail (debut)
- Lloyd-Rich's snail (debut)
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- French Narrator
- Frankie Billy
- Billy the Snail (debut)
- Other snails
- King Neptune (mentioned)
SpongeBob takes Gary to a snail park to play with other snails. Suddenly, Gary falls in love with a sea snail named Mary. During that, SpongeBob sleeps in the waiting chair. Then, another snail who is the partner of Mary threatens Gary, but Mary ignores him and falls in love with Gary, which angers the other snail and leads him to tell Gary, "When I'm done with you, your doctor will not know where to sow your lips back on." Then, SpongeBob comes and tells Gary they are leaving, along with Mary's owner.
The next day, Gary sneaks out of the house to find Mary. SpongeBob awakens to find a picture of Mary under the plate Gary ate on, which he thinks is Gary leading him to think that it is a ransom note from a snailnapper, so he sets out to "save" Gary.
Meanwhile, Gary stays onto a sidewalk with dozens of snail owners having a stroll. Then he sees Mary's owner going into a pet store and goes in. The clerk thinks he is a stray and puts him on sale. A few seconds later, the snail from earlier and his friends ransack the store so that the clerk can tell him where Gary is. During the ransack, Gary escapes. The other snails see what appears to be Gary, only to find out it is a vicious poodle worm.
Gary then sees Mary but sees her in a boatmobile and jumps on top of other boats in order to find her. He succeeds, but SpongeBob finally finds him, along with the other snail. Then, a man from a soap opera Gary was watching in the beginning finds Mary's owner, who turns out to be his lost love. Beside him is a handsome snail whom Mary gets together with, which SpongeBob says to Gary, "That's gotta hurt, Gary." The other snail forgives Gary and becomes friends with him by asking Gary if he wanted to go get seaweed noodle stew with him. The episode ends with SpongeBob saying, "They grow up so fast."
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Soap Opera Scene 1 - Hiram Titus [Gary watching TV]
‣ Romantic Concerto Redux - Hiram Titus ["Monica!"]
‣ You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Do you know what today is, little guy?"]
‣ Animal Antics [#74] - Phil Green [SpongeBob takes Gary for a walk in the park]
‣ Romantic Concerto Redux - Hiram Titus [Gary falls in love with another snail]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Hey, lightweight, what do you think you're doing with my girl?"]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Mary ignores the bully snail]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You've just made a big mistake, pal."]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["Say goodbye to your friends, Gary!"]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Hey, this ain't over, runt!"]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [that night]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes to bed]
‣ Romantic Concerto Redux - Hiram Titus [Gary's dream]
‣ Drama Link (h) - Hubert Clifford [Gary wanders out of the house]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [the next morning]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob wakes up]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob thinks Gary has been kidnapped]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Gary in the park]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["After me, fellas."]
‣ Revolution - Paul Hart, David Arnold [SpongeBob looking for Gary]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Snail slime!"]
‣ Sneaking About - Phil Green ["Looks like it could be Gary's."]
‣ Short Bridge 3 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["I'm on the trail, Gary!"]
‣ Body in the Boot - Tony Kinsey [Gary is sad]
‣ First Sight of New York - Tony Kinsey [Mary's owner taking her for a walk]
‣ Quizzical Bridge 6 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Gary enters the pet store]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Mary's owner leaves]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Snail gang enters at pet store/Pet store destroyed]
‣ Fierce Fight - Gerhard Trede [worm attacks them]
‣ Romantic Concerto Redux - Hiram Titus [Gary sees Mary]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Where do you think you're going?!"]
‣ Adventurers - Larry Hochman [Gary launches himself into the air]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Gary lands on a driver]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [driver screams]
‣ Attack - Anthony Hymas [Gary jumps off]
‣ Romantic Concerto Redux - Hiram Titus [romantic music]
‣ Sneaking About - Phil Green [SpongeBob still following the trail]
‣ Romantic Concerto Redux - Hiram Titus ["Gary!"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What the...?"]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares ["Hold it right there!"]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary admits he wandered out of the house]
‣ Romantic Concerto Redux - Hiram Titus ["Oh, I see why."]
‣ Soap Opera Scene 1 - Hiram Titus ["Hey, this ain't over yet, runt!"]
‣ Romantic Concerto Redux - Hiram Titus ["Monica!"]
‣ Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Gary and bully snail growl at each other]
‣ Romantic Concerto Redux - Hiram Titus [Monica and Brad leave]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["That's got to hurt, buddy."]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off (UK version only), Complete Seventh Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This and "Love That Squid" are both romance-themed episodes in season 7 and aired near Valentine's Day.
- It is revealed that the lady on TV and in Bikini Bottom was called Monica.
- When Gary enters the pet store, if one looks at the door while it is open, they can see a snail passing by that looks exactly like Gary, being walked.
- When the snails are screaming, one of them sounds oddly like Patrick.
- This episode and "Squid Baby" both end with SpongeBob saying, "They grow up so fast."
- There is an online game based on this episode called Gary's Crush.
- This episode marks the first appearance of the Pet Store and Snail Park.
- When "Plankton's Pet" first premiered, it was paired up with this episode.
- This episode marks the second time Gary falls in love. The first was in "The Great Snail Race."
- This is the third Valentine's Day-themed episode of the series. The first was "Valentine's Day" and the second was "Krusty Love."
- This episode marks the fifth time that a snail speaks. The first was in "Sleepy Time," the second was in "The Secret Box," the third was in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, and the fourth was in "Have You Seen This Snail?".
- To date, this episode makes Sandy Cheeks the only main character to not to fall in love in any episode.
- When Mary's ex-boyfriend announces to the giggling snails that they are on "the list," it is a possible reference to Richard Nixon's infamous enemies list.
- When Gary leaves the house to look for Mary in one shot, the lights are off then on. It is impossible for that to happen since Gary had never been shown to turn on the lights.
- When Gary leaves the house, the door is open, but in the next scene, the door is seen closed.
- Monica looks different at the end and in the beginning.
- One of the blue worms that cross the street has its top row of teeth colored blue instead of white.