- Sandy Cheeks (narrator)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Farmer fish (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Marvin (debut)
- Alice Wilson (debut)
- Mystery the Seahorse
- Guard worm
- Mary's ex-boyfriend
- Larry the Snail
- Sea bear
- Blue anchovies
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 42
- Brian Morante caricature fish
Sandy starts the story with Gary waking up at the middle of the night and going outside SpongeBob's house. He eats some trash, but Patrick is also eating there and doesn't want to share. He roars at the starfish, causing him to get scared and run away.
The animal control appears and spots Gary, but he runs away before he can catch him. He goes to the Chum Bucket and goes inside through a secret entrance, where he meets up with Spot, his best friend.
The two go out of the restaurant and play with each other, but eventually get hungry and go to the Krusty Krab. While they're eating, Marvin, the animal control officer, arrives there and attempts to catch the two, but he fails and they escape. Mr. Krabs arrives and gets angry with the officer for tripping his silent alarm and thinks he made a mess of his restaurant.
Gary and Spot run away and hide at a sunken ship, but it turns out it had already been occupied. Thankfully, they were already friends with everyone in there, and they have a party. Marvin reaches them and starts dancing to the music, until it gets turned off due to the DJ getting shocked by the officer's presence.
He takes all the animals except Gary and Spot, so the two go to the Animal Shelter to rescue them. After getting in and releasing all the animals, Gary finds out that Marvin is sad as he's lonely. He tells the others this, and they all set up a dinner with a woman made out of slime. He falls in love with her at first sight, and marries her soon after. He releases all the animals to thank them for bringing love into his life. Gary and Spot go back to their homes, and Sandy concludes the tale.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ ? [Sandy introduces the story]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Gary escapes from SpongeBob's house and eats garbage outside Squidward's house]
‣ Man, Go Man! - Ralph Dollimore [Marvin arrives and tries to catch Gary]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Marvin's net gets tangled in his mouth]
‣ Droopy - Arthur Wilkinson [Gary checks his watch and leaves]
‣ Bridge 3 - Wilfred Burns [Gary goes to the Chum Bucket]
‣ Towerstreet 17 [#6] - Gerhard Narholz [Gary sneaks into Plankton's and Karen's bedroom to pick up Spot]
‣ The March of the Ants - Sidney Crooke [Gary and Spot play outside the Chum Bucket and enter the Krusty Krab]
• Credit Card Heaven - Nicolas Carr [Icebox is shown]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Gary and Spot get the icebox opened]
‣ Playful Activity - Bernard Ebbinghouse [Gary and Spot eating all the food of the icebox]
• Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr [Animal control truck pulls up outside the Kruty Krab]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Marvin enters the Krusty Krab]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Marvin slips with the food and falls]
‣ Laughter Trombone - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Gary and Spot run away]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs appears behind Marvin]
‣ Persuasion - Johnny Hawksworth [Marvin shows his ID badge to Krabs]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I don't give a seafig about snails, you tripped me silent alarm!"]
• Sea Shanty in Minor Key - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Krabs goes after Marvin, while Gary and Spot hide into an abandoned ship]
‣ The Shock [#55.2] - Dick De Benedictis [Gary and Spot surrounded by other animals]
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Animals hug Gary and Spot]
• Breakdance Bust-a-Move - Nicolas Carr [Techno dance music in the abandoned ship]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Animals attack Marvin and he puts them in the animal control truck]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Animal control truck drives away]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 23 - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary and Spot follow the animal control truck]
‣ Hiding Place - Marc Dall'Anese [Gary and Spot arrive at the animal shelter]
‣ ? [Gary's eyes peek through the door]
‣ Danger - Jack Shaindlin [All the animals locked up in cages]
‣ Sea Battle [#44] - John Fox [Gary releases all the animals from their cages]
‣ Zoom D - Dick De Benedictis [Gary peeks into Marvin's office]
‣ Evil Mind 4 - Dick De Benedictis [Gary peeks into Marvin's office]
• M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Marvin feels lonely and cries]
‣ ? [Animals serve dinner for Marvin and make for him an slime fish named Alice]
• Sixties Happy Times - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Montage of Marvin and Alice at an amusement park]
‣ Bridal Chorus - Richard Wagner [Marvin marries Alice at the animal shelter]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 34 - Jeremy Wakefield [Animals cheering Marvin and Alice]
‣ Hula Festival - George Elliott [Marvin lets all the animals free]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet [Gary returns to SpongeBob's house]
‣ Marching to Honolulu - Kapono Beamer [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- This episode was paired up with "Gary's Got Legs" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "FarmerBob."
- Coincidentally, both are Gary-themed episodes.
- Plankton and Karen's bedroom from "Bottle Burglars" reappears in this episode.
- This is the first episode that Andrew Overtoom has worked on since "Hello Bikini Bottom!" in 2012.
- This is the first time "Steel Sting" has been used since "Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom."
- On February 2019, Vincent Waller accidentally released a video on his YouTube channel featuring the final storyboard of this episode. After 2 hours, Vincent took the video down. Mirrors of the video then started to pop up.
- This is the second time a storyboard of an unaired episode has been leaked, the first being "Shopping List."