He is a large, light red fish with small lime green eyes, and big mouth with pointy white teeth; inside of the mouth is also his tongue. The frog fish monster's tongue is purple and resembles an old lady look like ice cream lady.
He also has a dark purple feline-like creature called Mr. Whiskers, both of the creatures can speak. Mr. Whiskers is a cat-like figure which is part of the frog fish monster.
Role in movie
When SpongeBob attempts to grab the ice cream from the ice cream lady, he realizes it is stuck to her arm. In fright, he bites the substance attached to the arm and starts running from it. The frog fish monster then reveals himself and chases the Patty Wagon, almost to combustion, but when he gets the wagon, he is eaten by a giant eel from the trench.
Role in video games
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game
The frog fish monster is the first boss in the game, and is fought in the level "I'll Let You Pet Mr. Whiskers." Patrick fights him, due to SpongeBob being flung onto the frog fish monster's back via his tongue.
When the fight starts, the frog fish monster will charge towards Patrick. He must move out of the way, so that the frog fish monster will run to the edge of the arena and nearly fall into the bottomless pit surrounding said arena. Patrick then has to hit him to make him fall out of the arena.
Once the frog fish monster loses one-third of his health, he will leap over to the arena's entrance and use his tongue to attack Patrick. The tongue acts like a Slammer, and should be attacked before he slams Patrick with the ice cream cone he holds. During this, the frogfish will spit goo at Patrick, like a Flinger does. After his tongue is attacked two times, the frogfish will jump back into the arena and try to charge into Patrick again.
Once the frog fish monster loses two-thirds of his health, he will once again leap to the arena's entrance and use his tongue to attack Patrick. This time, the tongue acts like a Spinner, so Patrick has to use his smash to hurt it. Other than the tongue's different attack, this phase is identical to phase two.
Once the frog fish monster's health bar is emptied, he is defeated and Patrick is rewarded with a Goofy Goober token.
SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis
A taxidermied frog fish monster appears in the first part of the level "Snap Happy!". He is one of the exhibits on display in the Bikini Bottom Museum and is hung from the ceiling. When SpongeBob sees him, he comments "There's huge and then there's huge!"
- According to Case of the Sponge "Bob", Stephen Hillenburg was fascinated by the habits of frogfish, so he decided to add this one to the film.
- He is inspired by the sirens in The Odyssey, from which the film as a whole takes heavy inspiration.
- In the Game Boy Advance version of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game, the frog fish monster is the third boss and is called the "Ice Cream Monster."
- The bonus material on The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game reveals that the frog fish monster's tongue is an old lady selling free ice cream due to the fact by that being what would lure in SpongeBob and Patrick, as compared to the real frogfish having a tongue with the scent of fish food on it.
- At one point in the movie, after the frog fish monster throws SpongeBob into the Patty Wagon with Patrick and Patrick says "Did you get the ice cream?" The frog fish monster then uses the roar "dsposit2" sound effect from the Doom series as well as for Sharptooth from Land Before Time.
- The roar was later used on the ManBearPig from Comedy Central's South Park.