— Fred, various episodes
He wears brown pants and he is normally greenish-brown, but has also been colored blue, gray, and lavender.
In most episodes, he appears as a greenish-brown-colored fish with light tan fins and black eyes.
He wears brown pants and a black belt with a gold belt buckle.
His character model appears lavender in "The Sponge Who Could Fly" and blue in numerous other episodes (e.g. "Something Smells").
Although the sclera of his eyes are usually white, but they are yellow in "The Inmates of Summer."
He's the most often seen dining at the Krusty Krab. He was one of the first two background characters seen in "Reef Blower," with Harry being the other guy.
Fred's name is revealed in the episode "Patty Hype," where he is advertising the Shell Shack's talking and singing dog.
He is famous for the running gag in which he screams his catchphrase, "My leg!", when something such as an explosion takes place. He first says it in the episode "Boating School."
Fred is seen in "Something Smells" as a blue fish. He is also famous for his quote, "Deuueaugh!," which has become a popular internet meme.
Fred appears in "Face Freeze!" as the main character of Mr. Krabs' story of the eponymous condition.
In Tutor Sauce he appears blue and is seen eating a "Krabby Patty" but just stale buns. He then has to pay extra for "emotional patties."
He is the protagonist in the episode "My Leg!" where he tries not to hurt his leg in the risk of getting it placed by a robotic leg. SpongeBob then tries to keep Fred's leg out of harm's way until he finally reveals that he likes to be in the hospital so he can be with Nurse Bazooka (a nurse he is secretly in love with). So SpongeBob helps Fred by doing many dangerous attempts to purposely hurt his leg, but they just keep failing. When Fred finally ended up in the hospital (after getting run over by the ambulance twice), he sings the song "My Leg is in Love " to show Nurse Bazooka how much he loves her. She enjoys the song and the two end up dating. This episode is Fred's biggest role yet.
- "Amazing." — Fred in "Jellyfish Hunter."
- "Hey, Tom!" — Fred in "Patty Hype."
- "Rev up those fryers, 'cause I'm sure hungry for one- help! Help! My leg!" — Fred in "Arrgh!."
- "Oh, dang nematodes." — Fred in "Home Sweet Pineapple."
- "Thanks for the lies, Mr. Fairy Tale! Let's go waste our time somewhere else!" — Fred in "Christmas Who?."
- "Monster Krabby Patty?!" — Fred in "All That Glitters."
- "Oh yeah, but the real genius is the composer! Squidward!" — Fred in "Suction Cup Symphony."
- "Hey, all you people!" — Fred in "Jellyfish Hunter."
- "I've got to tell someone about this!" — Fred in "Jellyfish Hunter."
- "To my tail fin." — Fred in "As Seen on TV."
- "Are you kidding me?" — Fred in "For Here or to Go."
- Let's get out of here!, —Fred [Episode reference needed]
- "My eyes!" — Fred in "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie."
- "Not at all boy! [sniffs] Deuueaugh!" — Fred in "Something Smells."
- "Well I guess I won't be eating those." — Fred in "No Nose Knows."
- "Hey everyone, the talking dog at the Shell Shack is singing! Come on!" — Fred in "Patty Hype."
- "Hey, where's Santa?" — Fred in "Christmas Who?."
- "I'll take better care of my leg!" — Fred in "My Leg!."
- SpongeBob has been the cause of Fred yelling "My leg!" more than any other character.
- In "The Sponge Who Could Fly," he seems to wear the same clothes as SpongeBob, only without the red necktie.
- Strangely, some episodes feature Fred saying "My leg!" during situations in which his leg is clearly unharmed. For example, he says it in "Walking Small" when sand gets in everyone's eyes.
- Additionally, in "Arrgh!," when Mr. Krabs throws Fred out of the restaurant, he yells it before he even hits the ground.
- His biography in Sponge Star Patrick Pants acknowledges his status as an internet meme due to his "deuueaugh" line from "Something Smells."
- The "My leg!" gag has the most running gag appearances in any episode.