- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patchy the Pirate
- Potty the Parrot
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mrs. Puff
- Larry the Lobster
- Pearl Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton (rough storyboard)
- Karen Plankton (rough storyboard)
- French Narrator (physically seen)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Jellyfish (cameo)
Patchy arrives on a boat to the water above Bikini Bottom, saying that he and Potty are there to witness an event happening once every 100 years. He and Potty have a little argument. After that, he takes a telescope and looks underwater.
Sandy is having a birthday party with her friends at Jellyfish Fields. Patrick eats her entire birthday cake, but SpongeBob brings a backup cake. Patrick is about to eat her backup cake in one bite again and then Sandy karate-chops a slice for everyone. Then, SpongeBob says he made the cake especially for Sandy. Squidward asks SpongeBob if it contains nuts since he is allergic. SpongeBob says that it doesn't, but he counts walnuts. Squidward then gets an allergic reaction.
A sudden earthquake happens. A big, shiny green rock arises out of a nearby volcano and is seen floating in the sky. Everyone notices it as the moon. Sandy, however, says that the moon comes out only at night. The green moon floats above a group of fish playing with a ball, turning them into real-looking and biologically-accurate fish. Sandy notices that every sea creature (including her friends) are enchanted by the green moon. Another fish, flying a kite, turns into a real-looking fish model, and eats the kite. SpongeBob and Patrick run toward the green moon. Sandy tries to save them, but she is too late and they turn into a realistic sea sponge (albeit a kitchen-sponge shaped one) and a real sea star. They then start to crawl around. Sandy tries to warn the rest of her friends to hide from the green light, and run to the shade; however, they are enchanted by the light and do not follow. Mrs. Puff and Mr. Krabs are de-evolved by the green light into a puffer fish and scavenger crab, respectively.
Pearl is seen talking on her cellphone, saying that her friends should go outside and see that "awesome moon." She takes a picture with her phone, then turns into a realistic sperm whale by the green light. The cellphone talks "Hello? Hello, Pearl?" until Pearl eats it. Then the green light turns Larry into a realistic lobster, now unable to lift weights.
The green light is about to reach Sandy and she is scared, but when it crosses her, it does nothing to her. She assumes it happens only for sea creatures, yet she doesn't understand why this green moon turns all the sea creatures into wild fish.
She is starting to question if she's the only one left normal. Squidward comes out of the bathroom. She runs towards him and grabs him in order to place him in the shadows, away from the green light. She throws and pushes him under a small rock. Squidward demands an explanation.
Sandy calls the French narrator, who's in a submarine somewhere in the ocean, seen on screen in a scuba-diver suit. The French narrator seems to know Sandy. The French Narrator stops Sandy in the middle of her sentence, saying he was looking at the green moon's actions all day. He explains about Neptune's moon and that it happens every 100 years, and the effects of Neptune's Moon lasts for 2 hours.
Sandy says she just has to keep Squidward in the shadows for two hours. Squidward peeks out from under the rock and sees several giant fish eating each other while Sandy finishes her phone call with the French narrator. Squidward runs in panic to his house (and towards the moon) to save himself from being eaten. Sandy shouts that he needs to stay in the shadows. Squidward falls over, when a big, purple fish approaches and is about to eat him. Luckily, Neptune's Moon is passing over, turning Squidward into a big, realistic octopus, who eats the purple fish.
Sandy is afraid that Squidward will eat the rest of her friends if she doesn't act quickly. She collects them all in a jellyfishing net, then rides on Pearl's tail. During the ride, Sandy bumps into Pearl's breathing-hole, only being blown to the air and hit by an airplane. The airplane contains only non-anthropomorphic fish, including the pilots, who are unable to control the plane and cause it to crash. Sandy lands back on Pearl's tail.
Neptune's Moon reaches the center of Bikini Bottom. Sandy tries to warn all of the fish, but no one seems to notice. An officer asking for a driving license from a driver is seen, when both fish are turned by the green light into realistic fish.
Pearl is leaving the town and goes up. Sandy warns everyone to hold on. Then, Pearl approaches Patchy's boat, who is afraid of the coming whale. He tries to sail away, but he doesn't make it, and Pearl jumps above Patchy's boat. The jump splashes water into the boat, and Patchy tries to get the water out. He unsuccessfully asks Potty for help, then shouts that Potty needs to go away. Patchy decides to do it all by himself. Pearl goes back down, and Sandy jumps off her tail when she reaches her house.
The scene cuts to show all of Sandy's friends in an aquarium (minus Pearl and Squidward, who are too big to contain) at her treedome when Sandy tries to feed them. Sandy picks up another phone call with the French Narrator, asking him to explain more about her fish friends. He begins to explain every creature, but, while explaining about the scavenger crab and the puffer fish, Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff fight for a while, until Sandy picks them up, saying that she knows she would have to set them apart. The French Narrator continues explaining about the creatures and Sandy takes a picture of the primitive sponge.
Squidward suddenly shows up at Sandy's treedome and starts to climb on top of It. The French Narrator explains about the octopus. Sandy is nervous, but says that her dome is made of pressure-resistant glass, but the French Narrator warns Sandy that giant octopuses can cut through hard materials using their beaks. The scene shows Squidward cutting a hole in the dome using his beak. The water starts to fill the dome. Sandy's aquarium friends start to float around. Squidward further breaks Sandy's dome and tries to eat her and her friends. Sandy throws her friends into her tree, then tries to escape.
Squidward succeeds to hold Sandy and to insert his mouth and teeth into her tree, getting her aquarium friends cornered. The French Narrator says something about the climax of the battle. The French Narrator reminds Sandy she must remember who the giant octopus's natural enemy is. Then she remembers, frees herself from Squidward and uses her tail to create echolocation and summon the natural enemy of the octopus, the whale. As Pearl and Squidward are fighting, Sandy's aquarium friends run towards her.
Sandy notices the 2 hours are up. The French Narrator says that Neptune's Moon goes to the other volcano and that they'll see it again in 100 years. Then, he yells "Goal!" like in soccer.
Everyone turns back to normal, but due to the effects of Neptune's Moon, their clothes disappear and they end up naked. Everyone except SpongeBob and Patrick run away and SpongeBob asks Sandy why her treedome is broken and everyone's naked. Sandy responds that it has been the most interesting birthday that she ever had. The French Narrator says that after Neptune's Moon is followed by Neptune's sun. A sudden earthquake happens, followed by a red and yellow ball floating out of a volcano; which floats above Patrick, Sandy and SpongeBob. It only affects Sandy, though, and she turns into a realistic squirrel.
The scene goes back to the island above Bikini Bottom, where the French Narrator says that Bikini Bottom is full of life and mysteries. He says that the whale music is for his beloved squirrel. The scene shows a live-action Sandy water skiing on the surface of the water, passing by Patchy's boat. Patchy's boat is sinking, and has a shark around it. He says to Potty that he never thought he would end as a shark's meal. They both accept their end, when they realize the shark fin is actually the French Narrator in his scuba-suit. They seem to know each other.
The French narrator says to Patchy that he came to warn him about Neptune's Sun, but it is too late, and goes away. Patchy does not understand what "Neptune's Sun" means. Then, Neptune's Sun appears above his boat, turning Patchy into a caveman and Potty into a pterodactyl (different than their "Ugh" designs). Prehistoric Potty thinks Patchy is a patty. He picks Patchy up and flies away as the episode ends.
- Mr. Krabs pinching Sandy with his claws and someone saying "You don't see that everyday!"
Behind the scenes
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Peg Leg Waltz Title Card - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Title card]
‣ Bell Hop (a) - John Shakespeare [Opening.]
‣ ? [Patchy laughs.]
‣ Bell Hop (a) - John Shakespeare ["I can't help it if I was born a predator."]
• Solo Steel and Vibes 1 - Jeremy Wakefield, Nicolas Carr [Patchy sees SpongeBob, Patrick, Pearl, Mr. Krabs, Squidward, Mrs. Puff, Larry and Sandy around a table.]
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick eats Sandy's birthday cake.]
‣ Unknown Track 46 - Nicolas Carr [Sandy throws the cake into the air.]
‣ Retro Cool 03 095 D - Steve Sechi [Sandy cuts the cake with a karate punch.]
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick eats his piece of cake.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm pretty sure walnuts are a fruit though, huh?"]
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz [Rumbling.]
‣ The Ocean - Gregor F. Narholz [Green moon emerges from a volcano.]
‣ Impending Danger - Otto Sieben ["Something fishy's going on here..."]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet [Family playing with the ball.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["I don't see that everyday."]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld [SpongeBob, Patrick, Larry, Krabs, Puff, Pearl and Squidward staring at the green moon.]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet ["Green cheese! Green cheese! Green cheese!"]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick revert to a primal state/"Everyone listen to me! Get away from the light!"]
‣ Glamour Foxtrot - Lillian Munsie ["So romantic!"]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Krabs and Mrs. Puff revert to primal state.]
‣ Groovy Baby - Desmond Champ, Harold Geller ["Yeah, walk outside and check out this awesome moon."]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Pearl and Larry revert to primal state.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Green moon doesn't affect Sandy/"Am I the only one left?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Whoever used that restroom last was an animal."]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Sandy hides Squidward from the green moon.]
‣ Nature's World 1 - John Fox [Sandy calls the French narrator.]
‣ Weird Bridge - Roger Roger [French narrator tells Sandy about the green moon.]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [Squidward reverts to a primal state, and Sandy takes SpongeBob, Patrick, Mrs. Puff, Mr. Krabs and Larry, to protect them from him.]
‣ Rodeo Daze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy riding on Pearl's back.]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Sandy falls into Pearl's orifice and get launched in by her.]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr ["License and registration, please."]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Pearl swimming toward the surface.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (g) - Ronald Hanmer [Pearl emerges from the ocean.]
• Salty Squid Jig - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Potty spills water on Patchy.]
‣ Fancytale - Gregor F. Narholz [Pearl takes Sandy to her treedome.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs pinches Sandy's hand.]
‣ Capering Clowns - Max Saunders [French Narrator tells Sandy about Larry, Mr. Krabs, Mrs. Puff, Patrick and SpongeBob.]
‣ Fierce Fight - Gerhard Trede [Primal Squidward attacks Sandy's treedome.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Who is the natural enemy of the octopus?"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["That's a great idea!"]
‣ Dignity - Peter Yorke [Sandy creates echolocation to summon Pearl and attack Squidward.]
‣ Attack - Anthony Hymas [Pearl fights Squidward]
‣ From Another World - Trevor Duncan [Green moon descends to the volcano.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Goal!"]
• 12th Street Rag 3 with Bass - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Larry, Pearl and Mrs. Puff return to normal.]
‣ The Ocean - Gregor F. Narholz ["And of course, Neptune's Moon is always followed by Neptune's Sun."]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver [Neptune's Sun emerges from the volcano.]
• Big Tension Build and Sting - Nicolas Carr [Sandy reverts to primal state.]
• Ripped Hide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy runs around her suit.]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani ["Ah, Bikini Bottom. Teaming with life and naked mysteries."]
‣ Dirgey - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["Oh, Potty, I never thought it'd end up like this, brunch for a shark."]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer ["Shark" emerges from water.]
‣ Sea Story - Ronald Hanmer ["Frenchy, you surprising scalawag!"]
‣ Project X - Cedric King-Palmer [Patchy and Potty see Neptune's Sun.]
‣ Bell Hop (a) - John Shakespeare [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17, SpongeBob Schwammkopf, Staffel 11, Vol. 1, The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom (UK version only), The Complete Tenth Season, and Sleepy Patrick DVDs.
- Along with "Don't Wake Patrick," this episode was originally set to premiere on June 24, 2017 for the Do the New Saturday Mornings event, but it was replaced with "Spot Returns" and "The Check-Up" due to this episode being in post-production at the time.
- Just like "Shanghaied" and "Back to the Past," this episode is longer than a regular episode, due to the Patchy segments. However, this episode is shorter than 22 minutes and it is not a SpongeBob special, either.
- Because of this, its sister episode is 6 minutes long.
- It is revealed that Squidward is allergic to nuts.
- The original storyboard featured a deleted scene with Plankton and Karen. In the scene, Plankton is waiting for Karen to bring his dinner, but Neptune's Moon turns him into a feral copepod. When Karen brings his food over, she mistakes Plankton for a bug and squashes him with a flyswatter. She then flicks the splattered remains away.
- As a real sea sponge, SpongeBob is shown filter feeding, being the first time that he does this since "I Had an Accident."
- This episode reveals that Patchy and the French Narrator know each other.
- Ironically, both characters are played by Tom Kenny.
- This episode also reveals that Sandy and the French Narrator know each other.
- This episode debuts Doug Lawrence as the third voice of Potty the Parrot.
- Potty becomes a pterodactyl from Neptune's sun and Patchy plans for him to be a pterodactyl in "Ugh."
- The track that plays when Patchy and Potty become prehistoric is the same track that is played throughout the Patchy segments in "Ugh."
- The way that Patchy acts is similar to Cavey.
- This episode marks the first appearances of Patchy and Potty in live-action form since the on-air sequences of Legends of Bikini Bottom, though they both appear in the episode "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!" in stop-motion form.
- This is the first SpongeBob SquarePants episode to show nudity of female characters; in this case, Mrs. Puff and Pearl.
- This is the second time that Patchy visits the Bikini Atoll. The first time is "Truth or Square."
- This is the second physical appearance of the French Narrator. The first is "No Free Rides."
- This is the second episode where Patchy wears caveman clothes. The first is "Ugh."
- This is the third episode where Squidward lies down with a bone and can on the ground. The first is "Mutiny on the Krusty" and the second is "Out of the Picture."
- This is the third episode where Squidward is allergic to something. The first was "Restraining SpongeBob," when he is allergic to seaberry pie, and the second was "Sanctuary!", when he is allergic to snails.
- This is the only appearance of Sandy's treedome in season 10.
- This is also the only appearance of Jellyfish Fields in season 10.
- This is also Pearl's only appearance in season 10.
- This is also the only appearance of Jellyfish Fields in season 10.
- After the crowd finishes singing happy birthday to Sandy, the squirrel on the birthday cake is missing.
- Sandy should not have gotten shocked by the jellyfish just by jumping on them, as the characters only get shocked by their tentacles, as seen throughout the series.
- When Sandy says, "Nobody's going to eat you guys on my watch," her neck is white instead of brown.
- When Squidward and Pearl turn back to normal, the latter's right fin and foot are transparent for a split-second.
- When Sandy is looking at Pearl running naked, Pearl's heart lip is missing.
- When Sandy turns into a land squirrel, she has two tails; one is on her "feral" body, and the other is still in her suit.
- When the French narrator is above water, in the reflection of his helmet, the set for the water can be seen. A blue screen can be seen in the reflection.
- In the Patchy scenes, Patchy is seen twice without his hook.