If you were looking for the article about the episode, then see "Fear of a Krabby Patty."
If you were looking for the article about the VHS, then see Fear of a Krabby Patty (VHS).
Fear of a Krabby Patty is a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that contains three episodes from season 1, one episode from season 2, two episodes from season 3, and two episodes from season 4. It is based on the episode of the same name.
|61a - "Fear of a Krabby Patty"|
|61b - "Shell of a Man"|
|17a - "Arrgh!"|
|19b - "Neptune's Spatula"|
|46b - "One Krabs Trash"|
|52b - "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V"|
|14b - "Karate Choppers"|
|30b - "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic"|
|List of home videos|
|- "Fear of a Krabby Patty (storyboard)"|
|- "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (storyboard)"|
|List of home videos|
- Super Suspicion Comic Book
- Ian Jane of the DVD Talk praised the episodes and extras featured. "As is typical of the series in general, these episodes have got a lot of great gags that are funny for both kids and adults alike. [...] Add to that a cast of likeable characters and a truly innocent sense of wide eyed wonder and fun and you've got yourself another winner." However, he was disappointed that "there are only eight episodes here as opposed to the usual ten that we were getting on the earlier discs."
- Patrick Naugle of the DVD Verdict, called himself "interested in the show" after seeing three episodes on the disc, while also praising the video and audio quality.
- Michael Drucker of IGN praised the episodes in the DVD release, calling them "original and funny." "All of them demonstrate that this show isn't running out of steam." He noticed some imperfections in the video quality. "Colors seem both too bright and faded. Artifacts and interlacing are also visible throughout all the episodes." Drucker criticized the menus for being "dull still-screen affairs," called the interactive comic "boring", and also panned the storyboard sketches for being low-resilolution, although "what's here is worth perusing through at least once."
- "Fear of a Krabby Patty" and "Shell of a Man" are the only season 4 episodes on this DVD.
- "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic" is also the only season 2 episode on this DVD.
- The back cover of this DVD contains pictures from the following episodes:
- "Fear of a Krabby Patty"
- "Shell of a Man"
- Animatics on this DVD provide only certain scenes and not the entire episodes.
- This DVD was re-released sometime in 2011.
- This DVD contains previews for various shows. These include Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, older SpongeBob DVDs and VHS tapes, The Fairly OddParents DVDs and VHS tapes, and Duel Masters DVDs and VHS tapes.
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD to contain season 4 episodes.
- The cover reads "Includes 8 Krabby Capers!" even though "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic" has nothing to do with the Krusty Krab nor Krabby Patties.
- Advertisements in the DVD case are ads for other Nickelodeon VHS tapes and DVDs for As Told by Ginger: Far from Home (VHS and DVD), All Grown Up: Interview with a Campfire (VHS and DVD), Drake and Josh: Suddenly Brothers (VHS and DVD), Nick Picks Volume 1 (DVD only), and The Fairly OddParents: Timmy's Top Wishes (VHS and DVD). On the other side is an ad for SpongeBob books.
- This DVD was released on exactly the same day as Nick Picks Volume 1.
- This is the last SpongeBob DVD release to use the 2003 Nickelodeon splat and impact font cover style, because the next DVD, (not Absorbing Favorites) Where's Gary? has the splat part, but the font is different from Impact.
- The Japaneses cover has red & green colored text, the part that's white on the American cover is orange, and the Nickelodeon logo used is the one used from Friend or Foe? to Season 5 Volume 2.
- On the menu of the special features, instead of it saying "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V," it is labeled "Superfriends." This is different from what the episode is listed as on the back of the DVD.
- On the DVD cover, half of Dr. Peter Lankton's body is cut off. On the special features menu, his full body can be seen.
- Region 2 and 4 releases remove all of the special features for unknown reasons.
- ^ Jane, Ian (2005-05-19). Spongebob Squarepants - Fear of a Krabby Patty. DVD Talk. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ Naugle, Patrick (2005-08-31). Review - Spongebob Squarepants: Fear Of A Krabby Patty. DVD Verdict. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ Drucker, Michael (2005-07-25). Spongebob Squarepants - Fear of a Krabby Patty. IGN. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.