- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Old Man Jenkins
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Ol' Bessy (debut)
- Farmer aliens (debut)
- Jellybee (debut)
- Worm hogs (debut)
- Old Man Jenkins' barn (as a character)
- Old Man Jenkins' house (as a character)
In attempt to pay off a bill, Mr. Krabs drives SpongeBob to Old Man Jenkins' farm to work off the debt. Patrick also arrives in a potato bag, and SpongeBob and Patrick starts to perform their duties on the farm. The first task is to gather egg pearls from scallops by rubbing their chins, but when SpongeBob rubs the chin of a scallop, it does not like it. Patrick tries to force open their mouths, but it backfires and injures SpongeBob and Patrick. The scallops find this act funny and spit a lot of eggs out.
SpongeBob and Patrick are then told to feed the worm hogs, so SpongeBob pours out the feed onto the basket and the worm hogs, alongside Patrick proceed to eat the feed. SpongeBob also finds a baby worm hog, but it devours SpongeBob whole.
Their next task is to milk jelly off a cow jellyfish, which Old Man Jenkins calls Ol' Bessy. SpongeBob manages to get a lot of jelly squirted out onto Old Man Jenkins, but he upsets the cow and it kicks SpongeBob and Patrick to a wall. Patrick then licks the jelly off Old Man Jenkins as he thinks that they are all a sandwich.
Finally, SpongeBob and Patrick are told to harvest a field of kelp. Since Patrick has a tractor license, he drives normally until he sees a jellybee. He attempts to get rid of the bee, and it gets stuck in SpongeBob's nose, resulting in SpongeBob jumping to the back of the tractor and "surfing" over the field. SpongeBob then gets stung and gets packed in the tractor. However, the tractor is still running and it destroys the barn.
SpongeBob and Patrick decide to restore the farm to its adult state, and eventually after it becomes an adult again, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Old Man Jenkins start to have a small party in the barn. However, this party is somewhat interrupted by a UFO and farmer aliens, who saw a message on the crop circle caused by the still-moving tractor that they are invited to a party.
After a while, Mr. Krabs comes back and Old Man Jenkins says the bill has been paid. While they drive home, SpongeBob says that they met the aliens, but Mr. Krabs doesn't believe there is a such a thing and tells SpongeBob that he was seeing things. However, at that moment the UFO from earlier appears and abducts the boat with a shocked Mr. Krabs screaming at the sight before him. An oblivious SpongeBob tries to assure him before he, his boss, and a sleeping Patrick are taken in it and going to space, while the tractor is still running as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs waiting SpongeBob in a boat]
‣ ? [Krabs and SpongeBob arrive at Old Man Jenkins' farm]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh? Potatoes?"]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick appears eating potatoes in the sack]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Closeup of SpongeBob and Patrick's certified fools badges]
‣ Unknown Track 59 - Old Man Jenkins' barn and grain silo dancing
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Old Man Jenkins teaches SpongeBob and Patrick how to get eggs from oysters]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick trying to open an oyster's mouth with a crowbar]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Oysters laughing at SpongeBob and Patrick while they spit eggs on them]
‣ Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Why, you ain't gathered up a single egg!"]
‣ ? [Rimshot]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene again]
‣ Hillbilly Home - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob feeding worm hogs]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Little worm hog eating SpongeBob]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Little worm hog burps SpongeBob's clothes]
‣ ? [SpongeBob trying to milk the jellyfish cow]
‣ Hillbilly Party - Nicolas Carr ["Your final chore is harvesting my kelp patch."]
‣ Unknown Track 85 - Huge field full of kelp is shown
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Driver's license, fishing license..."]
‣ Unknown Track 80 - "Marriage license."
‣ Hillbilly Dual - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick driving the tractor]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Jellybee appears and Patrick panics]
‣ Hillbilly Dual - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick throws SpongeBob out of the tractor]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob is all tied up]
‣ ? [Rimshot]
‣ ? ["Oh, boy! Our chores are all done."]
‣ Evil Mind 3 - Dick De Benedictis [Tractor destroys Old Man Jenkins' barn]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["How can we have a barn dance with no barn?"]
‣ Feeling Happy - Alan Perry [SpongeBob and Patrick growing the barn]
‣ Mazel Tov A - Nainita Desai, Malcom Laws [Old Man Jenkins' barn mitzvah is finished]
‣ Hillbilly Party - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ ? [Disco music at Old Man Jenkins' barn mitzvah]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Ground rumbles]
‣ Unknown Track 23 - UFO appears and drops an outhouse
‣ ? [Alien walks out of the outhouse]
‣ Hillbilly Party - Nicolas Carr [Aliens playing music]
‣ ? [Alien shows SpongeBob, Patrick and Old Man Jenkins the crop circle invitation]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["I have a crop circle license too."]
‣ Hillbilly Party - Nicolas Carr [Aliens leave Old Man Jenkins' farm]
‣ Hillbilly Home - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs comes to pick SpongeBob and Patrick]
‣ Sailor's Sting 30 - SpongeBob telling Krabs what they did at Old Man Jenkins' farm
‣ Alien Spacecraft A - Gregor Narholz [UFO abducts Krabs' boat]
- This episode premiered 15 years after Friends Forever was released, 13 years after "Have You Seen This Snail?" premiered, eight years after "The Great Patty Caper" premiered, seven years after "A SquarePants Family Vacation" premiered, five years after "SpongeBob You're Fired" premiered, three years after SpongeBob Comics No. 50, "Patrick! The Game," and "The Sewers of Bikini Bottom," premiered, and "Squid Plus One" premiered in Latin America.
- When this episode first aired, it was paired up with "Surf N' Turf."
- This is the second time that Old Man Jenkins plays a major role. The first time was in "High Sea Diving."
- The pictures on SpongeBob and Patrick's badges are a reference to their poses from "Mid-Life Crustacean."
- Patrick is revealed to have a fishing license, tractor license, marriage license, and crop circle license, and many more that aren't specifically shown.
- He also shows off his driver's license, which makes its second appearance after "Driven to Tears."
- This episode takes place before "Atlantis SquarePantis," since Mr. Krabs didn't believe in aliens in spite of hearing the Atlanteans story.
- It also takes place before "SquidBob TentaclePants" since SpongeBob had seen aliens there but didn't until here.
- The storyboard director credit is used again starting with this episode.
- This is the only season 12 episode to air during Stephen Hillenburg's lifetime, as well as the only season 12 episode to premiere in 2018.
- This episode pulled in the lowest season premiere in viewership of the shows, 12 seasons at 1.40 million (U.S. Viewers).
- So far, this is the highest rated episode of season 12 at 1.40 million (U.S. Viewers).
- When SpongeBob poses next to Old Man Jenkins, it is a reference to the painting American Gothic.
- SpongeBob also dresses like the woman in that painting.
- This itself is a reference to "The Check-Up," which had a photo of Squidward and SpongeBob based on said painting.
- SpongeBob also dresses like the woman in that painting.
- At the beginning of the episode, the Chum Bucket is not seen on the opposite side of the road from the Krusty Krab.
- When this episode premiered, there was a mistake on DirecTV where it said it was a season 11 episode.
- SpongeBob saying "Oh boy!"
- Patrick showing off his licenses.
- Old Man Jenkins' tractor causing destruction.