- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Johnny Krill (debut)
- Grand Maul Granny (debut)
- Not Dead Ted (debut)
- Incidental 103 (cameo)
- Fred (cameo)
- Incidental 48 (cameo)
- Incidental 40
- British Gentleman (debut)
- Incidental 17 (cameo)
- Peterson Nat Tucker (cameo)
- Incidental 6 (cameo)
- Incidental 49 (cameo)
- Incidental 42 (cameo)
- Mattress (debut)
- Charlie (debut)
- Incidental 16 (cameo)
- Incidental 69 (cameo)
- Incidental 23 (cameo)
- Incidental 23 (cameo)
- Incidental 9 (cameo)
- Incidental 47 (cameo)
- Incidental 105 (cameo)
- Incidental 37A (cameo)
- Incidental 106 (cameo)
- Incidental 31 (cameo)
- Incidental 13 (cameo)
In the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob and Patrick are at Sand Mountain. They see Johnny Krill, Not Dead Ted, and Grand Maul Granny, The Drastic Radicals, doing extreme sports. A British fancy fish tells them about them, and because he spoke in lisp, they mistake it for "extreme spots." A jellyfish lands on Patrick and he gets covered in jellyfish sting spots. They stand in front of the team, wanting to join them because of spots. Johnny corrects them, stating he meant "sports," not "spots," and lets them try to be Drasticals.
He shows SpongeBob a motorbike. SpongeBob tries to climb on, but the motorbike starts and it rips his arms off. His arms drive away on the motorbike whilst SpongeBob tries to catch up. SpongeBob is about to give up when the motorbike comes back at him. The motorbike stops in front of Johnny Krill.
On the hill above them, Patrick gets pushed by Granny down the hill on a clamboard. Patrick swallows the board and hits a lot of rocks. Once at the bottom, SpongeBob and Patrick walk over to Johnny Krill and his team. Johnny decides that his sports are too extreme for SpongeBob and Patrick. So SpongeBob tells Johnny they can jump rope while Patrick is playing double Dutch. Patrick sings a song, then he falls out when he finds out it was exercise and SpongeBob says "extreme." Johnny Krill shows them extreme as Ted jumps fast, hits a plane, falls down, and blows up burned. Johnny says that sports have to be explosive. So, SpongeBob blows a bubble and he and Patrick mimic the booms, but they are not impressed. Johnny says it has to be big and he shows it by riding his motorcycle through a huge bubble wand and ride in a bubble through town and landing on a heavy industry. SpongeBob asks if fighting is extreme and Johnny says fighting is "totally extreme."
SpongeBob boxes a pillow, but does not do so well. Unimpressed, Johnny shows them, by hitting the pillow hard and taking it to the cleaners. However, the mattress soon beats up Johnny. Johnny asks if they do any more sports and SpongeBob says Patrick is an expert at dumpster diving.
Patrick climbs on top of the dumpster and falls face flat on the garbage. Johnny says it is not extreme, but when Patrick brushes his teeth with a rotten toothbrush, he admits that that act may be extreme. Granny lands on the garbage at a high height, gets in a garbage truck, gets crunched up into a garbage cube, and emerges unharmed. Johnny asks if they do any other sports, and SpongeBob says there is one sport if they are up to it: jellyfishing. While they are doing it, the Drasticals catch jellyfish while doing extreme.
Later, the team gets injured and covered in jellyfish stings, saying that the spots are way extreme. The fancy fish returns and says the extreme spots are the direct product of extreme sports. Everyone looks at him confused, as Patrick asks, "Who is that guy?," as the episode ends.
- SpongeBob and Patrick doing regular stuff, then the Drasticals making it extreme.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Sponge Surf No Guit Me - Billy Lincoln, Michael Gurley [opening]
‣ Battle Of The Axes - Andrew MacDonald, Bryan New [Drasticals introduced]
‣ Little England - Paddy Kingsland [Fancy fish appears]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr ["Ooh, hold on a sec."]
• The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick puts a jellyfish hive over his head]
• Steel Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["No problemo."]
‣ Hangin' Ten - Rod Abernethy [motorcycle speeds off]
‣ Fight for Your Life! - Gregor F. Narholz ["Your turn, fat boy!"]
‣ Battle Of The Axes - Andrew MacDonald, Bryan New [Granny pushes Patrick off the mountain]
• Steel Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Our sports are too extreme for you dudes."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob thinks]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Jump rope, eh?"]
• On Your Mark Get Set Go - Nicolas Carr ["On your mark, get set... jump rope!"]
‣ Pell-Mell - Sam Spence [Patrick jump rope]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick sweats]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick passes out]
• Monster Wave WO Sax - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez ["Grab it Granny!"]
• The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob blows a bubble]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9A - Jeremy Wakefield ["No."]
• Sponge Shredder - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [Johnny rides motorcycle through giant bubble wand.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Is fighting extreme?"]
‣ Jubilee Sports - Dennis Berry, Stuart Crombie [SpongeBob fights pillow]
‣ Close Combat - Philippe Falcao, David Benaroch [Johnny fights pillow and beat up by mattress]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Dumpster diving!"]
‣ Team Trophy - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Patrick dives into a dumpster]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9A - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick coughs]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9E - Jeremy Wakefield ["Okay, that's kind of extreme."]
• Mounting Metal Mayhem - Nicolas Carr ["Drasticals will show you how it's done."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, there is a very extremely extreme sport we play if you're up to it."]
• 12th Street Rag with Bass - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [pan over Jellyfish Fields]
‣ Battle Of The Axes - Andrew MacDonald, Bryan New [extreme jellyfishing]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3C - Jeremy Wakefield ["Dudes, now we get it!"]
‣ Little England - Paddy Kingsland [Fancy Fish reappears]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 15, It's a SpongeBob Christmas!, Extreme Kah-Rah-Tay, Deep-Sea Games, Complete Ninth Season, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- "Extreme Spots" received positive reviews from critics. Paul Mavis of DVD Talk enjoyed the episode and said "'Extreme Spots' gets big laughs from some very funny bits." He added that the "stereotypical Britisher fish, complete with monocle and bad teeth, is a scream." In his review for the Inside Pulse, Joe Corey said that the episode is "equally dangerous" with the remaining episodes of the Extreme Kah-Rah-Tay DVD.
- The title card is similar to that of "The Hot Shot."
- A brief clip of this episode was shown in the SpongeBob vs. The Goo promo.
- Charlie is seen cross-dressed in the beginning of the episode, despite being male.
- Patrick mentions the title of the episode after getting stung by jellyfish.
- To date, this is the only time where "Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14" and "Steel Licks 2" play in the same episode.
- This episode is part of The Super Spongy Square Games along with "Squirrel Record," "Face Freeze!," and "Demolition Doofus."
- This episode, along with "Squirrel Record," are season 9 episodes, yet they premiered before the last six episodes of season 8 aired.
- This episode marks the show's transition to 1080i high-definition.
- When the episodes air on standard-definition channels, the HD episodes are letterboxed with black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. Also, the theme song was not in HD during the original airing of this episode in 2012, and still had the original animation. However, on August 5, 2015, Vincent Waller confirmed on Twitter that a 16:9 HDTV/widescreen version of the theme song was in the works, and the HD theme song was not shown until July 9, 2016 during a rerun airing of "Eek, an Urchin!"
- This is the first non-special/regular-length episode to be in widescreen format and the third episode ever to be produced in widescreen, after "Truth or Square" and "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!".
- Dumpster diving is when one digs through the trash dumpster.
- This is the second episode where a sand version of the Krusty Krab is seen. The first was "To Save a Squirrel."
- This is the second episode to play "SpongeBob Theme II" underscore. The first was "Overbooked."
- Johnny Krill shares his name with his voice actor, Johnny Knoxville.
- The Mattress that beats up Johnny Krill looks and acts similarly to the Thwomp enemies from the Super Mario Bros. video games.
- Digiturk misspells the episode title as "Extreme Sports."
- After Patrick breaks the jellyfish hive, he is covered in red spots, but in scenes after the scene where SpongeBob and Patrick meet the Drasticals, the spots are gone.
- When SpongeBob gets on a motorcycle, his arms are disconnected from his body, but when he slows down after going through the sand dunes, his arms are connected to his body again.
- In the scene where Johny Krill is in the boxing ring with the pillow, there is a moment when Johnny Krill breaks the washing machine containing the pillow. After breaking the washing machine, there is a frame where the pillow's color is slightly transparent.
- Whenever this episode and/or "Squirrel Record" airs in the UK, the rare intro plays.
- ^ https://youtu.be/flcsLRoXhUs
- ^ https://insidepulse.com/2013/02/09/dvd-review-spongebob-squarepants-extreme-kah-rah-tay/
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/629139502372552704
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/669707610614992896
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/692966804122136576
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/694965693343617025
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/722973856277786626
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/722984381325811713
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/745817100254515201