- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Johnny Krill (debut)
- Grand Maul Granny (debut)
- Not Dead Ted (debut)
- Monroe Timmy (cameo)
- Fred (cameo)
- Abigail Marge (cameo)
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- British Gentleman (debut)
- Perry (cameo)
- Nat Peterson (cameo)
- Tom (cameo)
- Norma Rechid (cameo)
- Frank Fishbowl (cameo)
- Mattress (debut)
- Charlie the Pillow (debut)
- Buddy (cameo)
- Cara (cameo)
- Blue beachgoer (cameo)
- Charlie (cameo)
- Henry-Bart (cameo)
- Sadie (cameo)
- Frank (red shirt) (cameo)
- Tom (cameo)
- Medley Fishbowl (cameo)
SynopsisThe episode shows SpongeBob and Patrick at Sand Mountain where they see Johnny Krill, Not Dead Ted, and Grand Maul Granny, the Drasticals, doing Extreme Sports. A British fancy fish tells them about them, and because he spoke in lisp, they've mistaken for "Extreme Spots." Patrick gets jellyfish on him and gets covered in jellyfish sting spots (SpongeBob is already covered in spots.) They stand in front of the team, wanting to join them because of spots. Johnny corrects them for "sports" not "spots" and lets them try to be Drasticals. He shows SpongeBob a motorbike. SpongeBob tries to climb on but the motor bike starts and it rips his arms off. His arms drive away on the motorbike whilst SpongeBob tries to catch up. SpongeBob is about to give up when the motorbike comes back at him. The motorbike hits SpongeBob onto the handle bars. The motorbike drives through three sand dunes which SpongeBob eats most of. The motorbike stops in front of Johnny Krill. All of the sand starts coming out of SpongeBob. On the hill above them, Patrick gets pushed by Granny down the hill on a clamboard. Patrick swallows the board and hits lots of rocks. Once at the bottom, SpongeBob and Patrick walk over to Johnny Krill and his team. Johnny decides that his sports are too extreme for SpongeBob and Patrick. So SpongeBob tells Johnny they can jump rope while Patrick is playing double Dutch. Patrick sings a song then he falls out when he finds out it was exercise and SpongeBob says extreme. Johnny Krill shows them extreme as Ted jumps fast, hits a plane, falls down and blows up burned. Johnny says that sports has to be explosive. So, SpongeBob blows a bubble and he and Patrick mimic the booms, but they're not impressed. Johnny says it has to be big and he shows it by riding his motorcycle through a huge bubble wand and ride in a bubble through town and landing on a heavy industry. SpongeBob asks if fighting is extreme and Johnny says fighting is "totally extreme."
SpongeBob boxes a pillow, but didn't do so well. Unimpressed, Johnny shows them, by hitting the pillow hard, and taking it to the cleaners (through the washing machine. SpongeBob warns it's dry-clean only.) He beats the pillow and the mattress beats up Johnny. Johnny asks if they do any more sports and SpongeBob says Patrick is an expert at Dumpster diving.
Patrick climbs on top of the Dumpster and fall face flat on the garbage. Johnny says it's not extreme but when Patrick brushes his teeth with a rotten toothbrush, he admits that act may be extreme. And they show them, with Granny landing on the garbage at a high height, gets in a garbage truck, gets crunched up into a garbage cube, and emerges unharmed. (Patrick comments, "That is one tough elderly person.") Johnny asks if they do any other sports and SpongeBob says there is one sport if they're up to it: Jellyfishing. And while they are doing it, The Drasticals catch jellyfish while doing extreme. Later, the team got injured and are covered in jellyfish stings, saying that the spots are way extreme. The fancy fish returns and says the extreme spots are the direct product of Extreme Sports. Everyone looks at him and Patrick asks, "Who is that guy?"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Surf Happy Fun (Underscore) - Billy Lincoln [opening]
‣ Unknown Track 69 - Drasticals introduced
‣ Little England - Paddy Kingsland [Fancy fish appears]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Ooh, hold on a sec."]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick puts a jellyfish hive over his head]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["No problemo."]
‣ Hangin' Ten - Rod Abernethy [motorcycle speeds off]
‣ Fight for Your Life! - Gregor F. Narholz ["Your turn, fat boy!"]
‣ Unknown Track 69 - Granny pushes Patrick off the mountain
‣ Steel Sting (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Our sports are too extreme for you dudes."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob thinks]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Jump rope, eh?"]
‣ ? ["On your mark, get set... jump rope!"]
‣ Pell-Mell - Sam Spence [Patrick jump rope]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick sweats]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick passes out]
‣ Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King ["Grab it Granny!"]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob blows a bubble]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["No."]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez [Johnny rides motorcycle through giant bubble wand.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Is fighting extreme?"]
‣ Jubilee Sports - Dennis Berry, Stuart Crombie [SpongeBob fights pillow]
‣ Unknown Track 69 - Johnny fights pillow and beat up by mattress
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Dumpster diving!"]
‣ Team Trophy - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Patrick dives into a dumpster]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick coughs]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez ["Drasticals will show you how it's done."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, there is a very extremely extreme sport we play if you're up to it."]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [pan over Jellyfish Fields]
‣ Unknown Track 69 - extreme jellyfishing
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Dudes, now we get it!"]
‣ Little England - Paddy Kingsland [Fancy Fish reappears]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- When this episode premiered, it was the first non-special episode of SpongeBob SquarePants to air in 16:9 HDTV.
- This episode was released on iTunes on July 20, 2012.
- This episode is available on the Extreme Kah-Rah-Tay, Deep-Sea Games, and Complete Ninth Season DVDs.
- As of October 21, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.1/10 based on 193 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 6.1/10 based on 59 votes.
- "Extreme Spots" received positive reviews from critics. Paul Mavis of DVD Talk enjoyed the episode and said "'Extreme Spots' gets big laughs from some very funny bits." He added that the "stereotypical Britisher fish, complete with monocle and bad teeth, is a scream." In his review for the Inside Pulse, Joe Corey said that the episode is "equally dangerous" with the remaining episodes of the Extreme Kah-Rah-Tay DVD.
- The title card is similar to that of "The Hot Shot."
- A brief clip of this episode was shown in the SpongeBob vs. The Goo promo.
- Charlie is seen cross-dressed in the beginning of the episode, despite being male.
- Patrick mentions the title of the episode after getting stung by jellyfish.
- This episode is part of The Super Spongy Square Games along with "Squirrel Record," "Face Freeze!," and "Demolition Doofus."
- This episode, along with "Squirrel Record," are season 9 episodes, yet they premiered before the last six episodes of season 8 aired.
- This episodes marks the show's transition to 1080i high-definition.
- When the episodes air on standard-definition channels, the HD episodes are letter boxed with black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. Also, the theme song was not in HD during the original airing of this episode in 2012, and still had the original animation. However, on August 5, 2015, Vincent Waller confirmed on Twitter that a 16:9 HDTV/widescreen version of the theme song was in the works, and the HD theme song was not shown until July 9, 2016 during a rerun airing of "Eek, an Urchin!"
- This is the first non-special/regular-length episode episode to be in widescreen format and the third episode ever to be produced in widescreen, behind "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!" and "Truth or Square."
- This is the second episode where a sand version of the Krusty Krab is seen, the first being "To Save a Squirrel."
- This episode premiered on Robin Williams's 61st birthday, three years after the To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants DVD was released, and one year after "The Googly Artiste" premiered.
- This episode premiered in Canada nine years after "Squeaky Boots" premiered in Japan and four years after SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis was released on GBA and Wii and "Atlantis SquarePantis" premiered, and one year after "Sandy's Vacation in Ruins" premiered.
- The title of this episode comes from "extreme sports."
- When hang gliding, Not Dead Ted slightly resembles Gliscor from Pokémon.
- The scene where Johnny Krill rides a motorcycle in a bubble is similar to Sonic the Hedgehog's spin dash.
- The British fish is a reference to the fact that the 2012 Summer Olympics were held in Britain.
- As well as that, this episode premiered in 2012.
- After Patrick breaks the jellyfish hive, he is covered in red spots, but in scenes after the scene where SpongeBob and Patrick meet the Drasticals, Patrick's red spots are gone.
- When SpongeBob gets on a motorcycle, his arms are disconnected from his body. But when he slows down after going through the sand dunes, his arms are connected to his body again.
- Whenever this and/or "Squirrel Record" airs in the UK, the SpongeBob SquarePants logo nor the opening credits have any text, plus it uses the French intro with the English intro's audio.
- SpongeBob and Patrick doing regular stuff, then the Drasticals making it extreme.
- ^ http://imdb.com/title/tt2260050/
- ^ http://www.tv.com/shows/spongebob-squarepants/extreme-spots-squirrel-record-2508568/
- ^ https://insidepulse.com/2013/02/09/dvd-review-spongebob-squarepants-extreme-kah-rah-tay/
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/629139502372552704
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/669707610614992896
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/692966804122136576
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/694965693343617025
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/722973856277786626
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/722984381325811713
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/745817100254515201
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9MYMjpsP3M