The cover shows SpongeBob in the front and Squidward and Sandy in the back. SpongeBob is doing a karate move and it appears that everything is spinning in a vortex with bubbles. There are planks of wood, a dumpster, and Squidward's groceries scattered all over the cover. The title is transcribed in white text.
|183b - "Squid Defense" (widescreen format)|
|166b - "The Way of the Sponge" (full screen format)|
|165a - "House Sittin' for Sandy" (full screen format)|
|167a - "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom" (full screen format)|
|179a - "Extreme Spots" (widescreen format)|
|179b - "Squirrel Record" (widescreen format)|
|172a - "Face Freeze!" (full screen format)|
|173b - "Demolition Doofus" (full screen format)|
|List of home videos|
- This is the second karate-themed DVD, the first being Karate Island.
- The DVD includes previews of other Nickelodeon DVDs. These include Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD preview and The Legend of Korra DVD preview.
- The cover represents "Squid Defense" from the groceries. It also represents "Squirrel Record" from the dumpster.
- The international versions of this DVD replace "Extreme Spots" with "Plankton's Good Eye," and may include the Fanboy & Chum Chum episode "Prank Master."
- This is the first DVD to include season 9 episodes.
- This DVD was released on Andrea Martin's 66th birthday, 11 years after SuperSponge was released in Australia, six years after "The Thing" and "Hocus Pocus" premiered, and two years after "New Fish in Town" and "Big Sister Sam" premiered.
- Even though "Squid Defense," "Extreme Spots," and "Squirrel Record" are listed as widescreen format, they are not true widescreen on this DVD. Instead, they are full-screen 4:3 videos with the episode letterboxed between two black bars on the top and bottom screen. This is because the DVD is designed for 4:3 TVs, and this will cause the black bars to remain even on widescreen TVs, since they are part of the video. Starting with The Adventures of SpongeBob SquarePants and The Complete Ninth Season DVDs, the widescreen episodes are in true 16:9 widescreen.
- At some point in 2014, this DVD set and Absorbing Favorites were released in a bundle called the SpongeBob SquarePants 2 Pack.
- On the episode selection screen and on the back of the DVD, "Face Freeze!" is missing the exclamation point at the end of the title.