- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Spat (cameo)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Karen Plankton
- Majestic Sizzlemaster (debut)
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Krusty Krab customers
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 64
- Baby Fish
- Miss Rechid
Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are cleaning out their customers' money. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs create a formula designed to clean the dirty money they receive. Unfortunately, SpongeBob uses too much of an explosive ingredient, which causes their faces to be blown off. SpongeBob notices a fax coming but Mr. Krabs says they will get it later. It is none other than Plankton who had faxed himself into the Krusty Krab saying the first phase of his plan is complete. Plankton then starts "Phase 2" by sawing a bit of SpongeBob's spatula then places it beside the grill. SpongeBob then comes along and tries to flip a Krabby Patty but his spatula breaks in half. He tries everything to fix it but Mr. Krabs just tells SpongeBob to get a new spatula and he leaves.The scene changes to Harvey's Spatula Emporium where Plankton awaits for SpongeBob's arrival. He then begins "Phase 3" by flying out of the store with his jetpack and flies into SpongeBob. SpongeBob wants to know what is Plankton doing at the Emporium and Plankton responds to holding an object saying SpongeBob doesn't know what it is. SpongeBob successfully identifies the part as a handle cap for a vintage spatula and Plankton is amazed. Plankton then offers SpongeBob his special own spatula with "magical powers" which SpongeBob quickly agrees. They arrive at the Chum Bucket where Plankton shows off a room full of spatulas and introduces SpongeBob to the Majestic Sizzlemaster. SpongeBob is excited and takes his new spatula out of the Chum Bucket. Plankton starts "Phase 4" with Karen questioning on how many phases he has in his plan. Plankton then heads into the control room with Karen saying that it's enough to gain SpongeBob's trust and steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula. Plankton then turns on the spatula and the scene changes to SpongeBob showing off the Majestic Sizzlemaster to Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs just tells SpongeBob to get back to work and SpongeBob heads into the kitchen with the Sizzlemaster. SpongeBob is about to handle all of the orders coming in and the Sizzlemaster soon starts talking not knowing it's Plankton talking through the other end. SpongeBob is confused trying not to believe the Sizzlemaster is talking but Squidward shouts out to him saying the customers are getting upset. SpongeBob starts to flip the Krabby Patties but the Sizzlemaster tells SpongeBob that there is a faster way doing that and it extends its head flipping four Patties at the same time. SpongeBob is amazed but still says that they are a long way from completing all of the orders and starts alternating between putting condiments on the buns and flipping the Krabby Patties. The Sizzlemaster (Plankton) tells SpongeBob that it will flip the patties while he handles the condiments. SpongeBob agrees but says he will handle the grill saying he doesn't trust anybody with it.
Meanwhile, Squidward is dealing with Nat Peterson who is angry and impatient, while SpongeBob hands the Krabby Patties through the window. Squidward hands out the Krabby Patties to the customers while SpongeBob is talking with the Sizzlemaster about the empty grill. The Sizzlemaster then "flies" to the freezer and takes out more Krabby Patties and puts them all on the grill. During closing time, Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob he is leaving and thanks him for all the work. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs to thank the "new magic talking spatula," but Mr. Krabs gets angry at SpongeBob for talking to a "talking spatula," but tells him to only do it if it makes him money. Mr. Krabs leaves and SpongeBob thanks the Sizzlemaster for the help. The Sizzlemaster hopes to work the grill, but SpongeBob still disagrees about it and leaves the Sizzlemaster on a hook and leaves. Plankton talks to himself saying he still needs to gain SpongeBob's trust to work the grill and calls back out to SpongeBob through the Sizzlemaster. The Sizzlemaster hopes to go home with SpongeBob and help around the house, but SpongeBob says he's not grilling. The Sizzlemaster then says he is a multi-purpose tool and SpongeBob finally agrees. They arrive at SpongeBob's house and the Sizzlemaster (with Plankton talking of course) then decides to start "Phase 5." SpongeBob then tosses the Sizzlemaster into Gary's litter box which the Sizzlemaster has to clean and SpongeBob walks off. Plankton barks at Karen for adding "smell sensors" to the Sizzlemaster.
The next morning, SpongeBob gets ready to go to work with the Sizzlemaster helping out in every way of his daily routines. They arrive at the Krusty Krab and SpongeBob thanks the Sizzlemaster. The Sizzlemaster then pulls up a chair for SpongeBob and says he will do all the work for him. SpongeBob agrees and he sits in the chair. The Sizzlemaster finally gets to work at the grill. Plankton then finally ends "Phase 5" and starts up "Phase 6" which involves the Sizzlemaster burning up all of the Krabby Patties on the grill.
SpongeBob is upset, but the Sizzlemaster suggests getting the Secret Formula to make more Krabby Patties. SpongeBob agrees and walks into Mr. Krabs' office and starts unlocking the safe. Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob what he's doing and SpongeBob says that the Sizzlemaster he got from Plankton needs to know the Secret Formula, making Mr. Krabs suspicious. Realizing that it's another one of Plankton's schemes, Mr. Krabs then starts telling the ingredients for a fake formula and Plankton starts adding them in. After pouring an entire bottle of Disulfide (explosive bottle), Plankton didn't know that it is approved for restaurant use until he hears Mr. Krabs saying that it's not. Plankton looks at the label too late then the entire Chum Bucket is blown up and Plankton and Karen land in front of Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob gloat and Plankton sarcastically laughs.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [cleaning Krabs' money]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob adds two drops of explosive]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Fax coming through, boss."]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton emerges from fax machine]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's spatula breaks]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob screams]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["No pulse!"]
‣ Tragic Embrace - Peter Orm, Paul Orm ["We'll never forget you."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs goes back to his office]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton waiting at the spatula emporium]
‣ Tower of Evil - Magnum Opus ["Time for phase three."]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Oh, hi, Plankton."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob turns around]
‣ Entry Into Parliament - Gerhard Trede [Plankton's spatula collection]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Sizzlemaster revealed]
‣ World of Fantasy - Gregor F. Narholz [Plankton gives it to SpongeBob]
‣ The Criminal - Harry Lubin ["...or as I like to call it, phase four."]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [huge pile of order slips]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton talks to SpongeBob through the Sizzlemaster]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Time to focus."]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Sizzlemaster flips four patties at once]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Drat!"]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [patties are served]
• Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Closing time]
‣ Fooling Around 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["It sure was, SpongeBob."]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel ["Infiltration complete!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield [Sizzlemaster in litterbox]
• Ripped Hide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sizzlemaster helps SpongeBob get ready for work]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Sizzlemaster grabs a chair]
‣ Disastrous Event 2 [#37] - Harry Lubin [Sizzlemaster burns patties]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, SpongeBob, I'm sorry."]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [SpongeBob goes to get the secret formula]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs gives SpongeBob a small slip of paper]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob reads it]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [Chum Bucket explodes]
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 15, Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted, Evil Spatula, Complete Ninth Season, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
PromoThe Promo for this episode that was released near the premiere and promoted the marathon as "SpongeBob's Grillin' and Villain Saturday."
- This and it's sister episode "Jailbreak!," are Plankton related.
- This episode debuted in the marathon "SpongeBob's Grillin' and Villain Saturday."
- When this episode premiered, it was paired up with "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom."
- The font of the title card is the same as that of "Planet of the Jellyfish."
- This episode has a similar plot to "All That Glitters:"
- SpongeBob's spatula breaking, forcing him to get another one
- SpongeBob's new spatulas having the capabilities of robots, including the ability to talk.
- It is revealed that SpongeBob does not trust anyone behind the grill but him. Although, in "Gullible Pants," he lets a total stranger cook Krabby Patties when Squidward makes SpongeBob think the guy is his biggest fan and wants to be a fry cook too.
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob prepare the Krabby Patty secret formula from scratch. The first is "The Great Patty Caper."
- This is the second episode where a character faxes themselves to another destination. The first is "Are You Happy Now?"
- This is the third episode where a spatula breaks in half. The first is "All That Glitters" and the second is "The Curse of Bikini Bottom."
- SpongeBob purposely breaks his spatula in "The Curse of Bikini Bottom" so he could try to flip Krabby Patties.
- This is the third episode where SpongeBob's spatula is able to multiply its head three times. The first is "Help Wanted" and the second is "All That Glitters."
- This is the third episode where the Chum Bucket explodes at the end of the episode. The first is "Imitation Krabs" and the second is "Stanley S. SquarePants."
- This episode contains two references to "The Great Patty Caper":
- Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob make Krabby Patties from scratch.
- Plankton's rocket appears again.