"Escape from Beneath Glove World" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 12. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick are sent to jail in the underground tunnels of Glove World!, leading to a daring escape.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 160
- Purple baby
- Incidental 157
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 12
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 21
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 20
- Female spokesmodel
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 169
- Old Man Walker
- Purple guy
- Incidental 106
- Fish children
- Imprisoned kids of Glove World! jail
- Animatronics (debut)
- Hieronymus Glove (debut)
- Glove World! officers (debut)
- Mini glove people (debut)
- Glovey Glove (cameo)
- Many unnamed fish in the Glove World! film
- Mice (debut)
- Alligator (debut)
- Queen Elizafish the First (debut)
- Repairmen (debut)
- Glove testers (debut)
- Guard gloves (debut)
- Hieronymus Glove's servants (debut)
- Butterfly (debut)
The episode begins with SpongeBob and Patrick going on a baseball themed ride at Glove World! After that, they go to the Glove World theater to see a presentation by Hieronymus Glove. When the presentation is done, SpongeBob and Patrick stay to meet Hieronymus Glove himself. However, Patrick accidentally destroys Hieronymus Glove and causes a scene at the theater.
The officers come to deal with the situation, and they tell SpongeBob and Patrick that the Hieronymus Glove they destroyed was a robot. However, they still send SpongeBob and Patrick down to Glove World! Jail due to their act of destroying Glove World! property. The two are excited to go to jail and when they reach their cell, they meet a couple of kids who were also sent to Glove World! jail.
Later, the toddler goes out of the cell, prompting SpongeBob and Patrick to get out of the cell to get him back, while the other kids think they are doing a jailbreak. Meanwhile, two repairmen carry the robot Hieronymus Glove to repair him. When they go on break, he creates a plan to get revenge on Patrick for breaking his head.
SpongeBob and Patrick catch the toddler, but get intrigued by a group of testers testing several things for Glove World! After going through several tests, they see a prototype for Sock World. At the same time, the toddler escapes again and ends up putting himself in the body of the animatronic Hieronymus Glove.
When SpongeBob and Patrick see that the toddler is in the animatronic body, they chase him through several areas until they eventually end up in Sock World. When Patrick turns off the stench of the place, the toddler escapes again.
SpongeBob and Patrick find the toddler on the water ride at Sock World and continue chasing him, while the animatronic Hieronymus Glove follows them. When they reach the end of the ride, the animatronic Hieronymus Glove gets back into his body and wants to take Patrick's head, but when he takes his head off willingly, Hieronymus Glove says he wanted to take it off.
This leads to his head and Patrick's head getting into a battle until the real Hieronymus Glove, who is trapped in ice, comes and gets his servants to reboot the animatronic version of himself so he can cause no more harm.
The real Hieronymus Glove releases SpongeBob and Patrick and they sing another song about gloves while the three go back up to the surface of Glove World! on a stage, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Ripped Hide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Planktons Ballpark Organ 3 - Nicolas Carr [Opening at Glove World]
‣ American Ball Game - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick riding on a baseball-themed ride]
‣ Disneyland - Sam Fonteyn [SpongeBob and Patrick exit the baseball-themed ride and go back in there again]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 32B - Jeremy Wakefield [One million, zillion, jillion, dillion, cotillion times later...]
‣ American Ball Game - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick finish riding on the baseball-themed ride]
‣ Disneyland Cartoon - Roger David [SpongeBob and Patrick's faces are stiff after getting off the baseball-themed ride]
‣ A Touch of Elegance - Roy Hartley [SpongeBob and Patrick decide to take a break at the Glove World Theater]
‣ Leap for Joy - Cedric Palmer [SpongeBob and Patrick at their seats inside the Glove World Theater]
• Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Hieronymus Glove robot introduces himself at the Glove World Theater]
• Gloves - Doug Lawrence, Eban Schletter [Hieronymus Glove robot sings this]
‣ Joy Ride - Jack Coles [SpongeBob and Patrick go Glove World Theater's backstage to meet "Hieronymus Glove"]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [Patrick breaks off Hieronymus Glove robot's right hand and head]
‣ Cheesy Blaxploitation Theme - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [Glove World police appear]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick gets nervous after seeing the Glove World police]
‣ Treachery - Wilfred Burns ["Oh, officers, he didn't mean to kill Hieronymus Glove! He just doesn't know his own strength."]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Wait, what did you say?"]
• Funeral Parlor Music - Nicolas Carr ["The real Hieronymus Glove has been frozen in ice for decades now."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2B - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, Patrick, it was only a robot head."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["For a minute there, I thought we were in trouble."]
‣ Eccentric March - Peter Hope [Glove World police take SpongeBob and Patrick down to Glove World jail]
‣ Komic Kuts - Harold Smart [Little gloves close SpongeBob and Patrick's cell]
‣ Sailors Hornpipe (a) - Brian Gulland, Richard Harvey [SpongeBob and Patrick looking around the Glove World jail]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 36B - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, not again, Patrick. He's just a robot! They're all robots."]
• A Short Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Little kid emerges from the glove pit and climbs into SpongeBob's head]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 38 - Jeremy Wakefield ["What's a little guy like you doing in jail?"]
‣ ? [More kids emerge from the glove pit]
‣ Code "Dead End" - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick scream after seeing all the kids in jail]
‣ Mood Macabre - Stan Tracey [Kids explain SpongeBob and Patrick why are they in jail]
• A Simple Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I'm kidding, I'm just here cause I bit the lemonade guy."]
‣ Kiyouli Le Clown - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [Kids celebrate their confinement in Glove World jail with cotton candy while the little kid escapes from the cell]
‣ Sailors Hornpipe (a) - Brian Gulland, Richard Harvey [Little kid runs loose in Glove World jail's hallway]
‣ Invasion - Oleksandr Rodin [All the kids escape from their cell]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 11C - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stops Patrick from spinning]
‣ Invasion - Oleksandr Rodin [SpongeBob pulls the jail's escape alarm and he and Patrick go after the little kid]
‣ Dicey - Kenny Graham [Hieronymus Glove robot's head gets taken to robot morgue room]
‣ Mischief Makers - Gilbert Vinter [SpongeBob grabs the little kid from the ladder and takes with him and Patrick]
• Unknown Track 94 - SpongeBob sees many doors around him
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Which way should we go?"]
‣ White Satin - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob, Patrick, and the little kid follow a group of glove testers to the Danger Glove Testing room]
‣ Horse and Hound - Donald Thorne [SpongeBob, Patrick and the little kid along with the glove testers at Guard Glove Training room]
‣ ? [SpongeBob, Patrick and the little kid approach to Sock World Prototype room]
‣ Opening Fanfare - Eddy Warner [SpongeBob, Patrick, and the little kid see a prototype of the future city Sock World]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 4 - Fredric Bayco [Little kid goes missing from SpongeBob and Patrick/SpongeBob sees the little kid]
‣ Junior Miss - Len Stevens [Little kid enters at robot morgue, gets into Hieronymus Glove robot's body and leaves]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick see robot parts through the robot morgue room]
‣ Carnival Electronique - Vyvyan Hope-Scott [SpongeBob and Patrick acting like robots]
‣ Hippo Bird - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob and Patrick see the little kid wearing Hieronymus Glove robot's body and runs away]
‣ Punctuations - Ralph Dollimore [Hieronymus Glove robot's head escapes from the trashcan/Cables come out of his mouth/Hieronymus Glove robot's head exits robot morgue room]
‣ Pursuit - Wilfred Burns [SpongeBob and Patrick chase the little kid while Hieronymus Glove robot's head makes the hallway go down, making they fall into a washing machine ride]
‣ Tension Build - Norman Dane [Hieronymus Glove robot's head turns into a coin which is inserted in the washing machine ride]
• The Devil's Merry Go Round - Nicolas Carr [Washing machine ride rolls around with SpongeBob, Patrick, and the little kid inside]
‣ ? ["Ah... Warm socks just out of the dryer..."]
‣ Carnival at the Fair - William Farran [SpongeBob and Patrick see Sock World in front of them]
‣ Banjo Sing-Along - Johnny Largo [Optigan sample] [Little kid running around Sock World]
‣ I Say, I Say, I Say - David Lindup [SpongeBob and Patrick go after the little kid at Sock World]
• Star Trekkers 3 - Steve Marston [Little kid goes up Soggy Sock Flume ride with SpongeBob and Patrick behind him]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["Aaaaaaaaah! Do you feel a pain in your butt?"]
• Porous Pursuit - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick, and the little kid go down Soggy Sock Flume ride]
‣ Arnold is Back 2 - Gregor Narholz [Hieronymus Glove robot's right-hand takes the little kid off his body and puts his head back on]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 38 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hieronymus Glove's robot!"]
‣ In Disguise Ensemble - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["...right after I take off his bloomin' head!"]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["Nooooo!"]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Walter [Patrick gives his head to Hieronymus Glove's robot]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick's head gets taken by SpongeBob and Patrick itself]
‣ Punctuations - Ralph Dollimore [Patrick punches with his tongue Hieronymus Glove's robot's head away and puts his head on Hieronymus' body]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5B - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh! Hey! I like this body better than mine...it comes with pockets!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1A - Jeremy Wakefield [Hieronymus Glove's robot's head on Patrick's body]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick and Hieronymus Glove robot's head fighting]
• Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Real Hieronymus Glove appears inside of a block of ice]
‣ Carnival Electronique - Vyvyan Hope-Scott [Hieronymus Glove's robot gets shut off and taken away]
‣ Goblin Ballet - Ernest Tomlinson [Hieronymus Glove pardons SpongeBob and Patrick]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick get put crowns on his heads]
• Gloves - Doug Lawrence, Eban Schletter [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 and The Complete Twelfth Season DVDs.
- The title card background is similar to those of "The Getaway" and "Squid's on a Bus," except that the former is blue and the latter is orange. Those scenes also appear in rapid sliding transitions in the normal episodes.
- Hieronymus Glove speaks in a Cockney accent, similar to Sergeant Sam Roderick from "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired."
- Ironically, both Hieronymus and Roderick are different species of sharks.
- Brian Morante, a storyboard artist, states in a Twitter post that his main inspiration when writing was the Disneyland urban legends.
- This is the first episode in the series to show the area beneath Glove World!
- This is the second time that the location Glove World! is used in an episode title. The first was "Glove World R.I.P." in season 8.
- The first promo was revealed during the premiere of "Patchy's Beach Bash!".
- This is the only episode where the APM tracks, "Disneyland Cartoon" and "Komic Kuts" play.
- Once again, Glove World! is shown operating despite being closed and replaced by Glove Universe in "Glove World R.I.P."
- This is the first special to feature Glove World!
- This episode preceded the series premiere of the Nickelodeon animated series It's Pony.
- Promotions and several TV schedules for this episode have alternatively titled it "Escape from Glove World," excluding the "Beneath" part.
- In South Africa, it is advertised as "Best Escape Ever."
- This is the second time Mary Walker is seen without her wig. The first time was in "Glove World R.I.P.," which ironically is another episode focusing on Glove World!
- Much like "Glove World R.I.P.," this episode does not contain the exclamation point at the end of Glove World!'s name in the title like how it appears on the entrance sign.
- This is the first special to feature only two major characters – SpongeBob and Patrick, with everyone else being absent.
- It is unknown how mice and butterflies are able to exist underwater, especially since in "Wormy," Sandy brings a butterfly from the surface and it needed a bubble to be underwater.
- Rob Paulsen is uncredited in the end credits for his voice work.
- This is the second episode Maurice LaMarche guest-starred in, as well as his second time in season 12, after "Squid's on a Bus."
- Finger Fun Industries are the official owners of Glove World and Sock World.
- This is the second episode in the series where SpongeBob gets trapped in Glove World. The first was "Tunnel of Glove."
- In the Russian dub, Glove World is called "Glove Universe," despite it only appearing in "Glove World R.I.P."
- This is the first episode to use the APM track Disneyland since "Glove World R.I.P."
- This was the first episode, and the first special. to premiere in 2020 and the 2020s decade.
- This is the first half-hour special where Squidward does not appear in any form.
- During the movie at the Glove World! Theater, three mice can be seen wearing matching ears and gloves that are reminiscent of Mickey Mouse's design.
- The movie also features a fish called Queen Elizafish the First, whose name references Queen Elizabeth I.
- This episode has some similarities with the The Simpsons episode, "Itchy & Scratchy Land" as both episodes has one of the main characters getting arrested by park security and containing it's references of Disneyland.
- The Soggy Sock Flume ride alludes to the Disneyland ride Splash Mountain.
- Maurice LaMarche is credited for voicing Paul Frees, who was the actual voice actor at Disney.
- During one scene in the episode, Patrick's eyelids are incorrectly colored yellow as SpongeBob's.
- At the beginning of the episode, the Glove World Theater is painted purple, but at the end of the episode, it is painted brown.
- In the closing credits and in the opening credits to this episode, Rob Paulsen, who played the purple Glove World! officer, is uncredited.
- When Patrick breaks off the animatronic Hieronymus Glove's hand, it begins to say "I need repair" repeatedly, but stops after Patrick breaks off its head. But after SpongeBob and Patrick escape, it resumes saying "I need repair."
- ^ Google archive of the episode page is from this date.
- ^ https://tvprofil.com/it/guida-tv/#!datum=2020-8-26&kanal=nickelodeon-it
- ^ Rob Paulsen to Guest Star on New 'SpongeBob SquarePants Special 'Escape from Beneath Glove World'
- ^ Brian Morante on Twitter
- ^ SpongeBob “Escape From Glove World” Promo
- ^ http://prsdube16.blogspot.com/2020/04/may-2020-on-nickelodeon-africa-best.html