"Escape from Beneath Glove World" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season twelve. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick are sent to jail in the underground tunnels of Glove World!, leading to a daring escape.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Norma Rechid
- Incidental 16
- Shubie Peterson
- Jimmy Gus
- Incidental 4
- Ryan Timmy
- Baby Rechid
- Dave Frank Percy Isabelle Harold Scooter
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 12
- Harold (red fish)
- Incidental 31
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Abigail (light blue fish)
- Incidental 21
- Dennis (citizen)
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 9
- Evelyn Annette
- Incidental 22
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Medley (green fish)
- Incidental 67
- Billy (lime fish)
- Incidental 73
- Martha Doris Smith
- Incidental 46
- Monroe Timmy Billy
- Mary Walker
- Incidental 11
- Tina Fran
- Incidental 20
- Female spokesmodel
- Frankie Billy
- Old Man Walker
- Purple guy
- Ivy (gray)
- Fish children
- Imprisoned kids of Glove World! jail
- Animatronics (debut)
- Hieronymus Glove (debut)
- Glove World! officers (debut)
- Mini glove people (debut)
- Glovey Glove (cameo)
- Many unnamed fish in the Glove World! film
- Mice (debut)
- Alligator (debut)
- Queen Elizafish the First (debut)
- Repairmen (debut)
- Glove testers (debut)
- Guard gloves (debut)
- Hieronymus Glove's servants (debut)
- Butterfly (debut)
Act 1After a ride at Glove World! SpongeBob and Patrick decides to go the Glove World Theater to meet Hieronymus Glove. After the performance Patrick destroys Hieronymus Glove by shaking his hand. SpongeBob tries to stop him, but it makes it even worse by detaching Hieronymus Glove's head and SpongeBob accidentally presses the open curtains button which makes the audience suprised and tearing stage curtains. The Glove World officers have caught SpongeBob and Patrick, Glove World officer #1 tolds Patrick to give him the head but Patrick is too scared to give him the head. SpongeBob and Patrick began to cry because they thought they killed Hieronymus Glove. Glove World officer explains that this Hieronymus Glove is a animatronic. SpongeBob and Patrick thought there not in trouble, but they were in trouble being sentenced to Glove World Jail for defacing Glove World property. When they made it to Glove World Jail they found an animatronic old man, a group of prisoners that are trying to get the key from a animatronic worm, and a group of kids that are locked up in Glove World Jail for biting a lemonade guy. But one kid escapes by going through the bars going through the glove guards. SpongeBob grabs the key from the animatronic worm which makes a jailbreak and switching the lever to release them and press the escape alarm button.
A group of repairmen carrying Animatronic Hieronymus Glove to reboot him. Animatronic Hieronymus Glove isn't happy because he want to put his head back into his body. But the repairmen are on there break which makes Animatronic Hieronymus Glove angry and land on a bucket of nuts and bolts. He shines a beam of light from his eye to see his memory from Patrick accidentally breaks his hand and head, and now he's ready for revenge.
Act 2SpongeBob and Patrick found the child while climbing down a ladder until they found something interesting following a group of testers that tesing like gloves are protected by a lazer, a flamethrower, and testing metal suits for the glovehounds. They made it to a prototype called Sock World which it smells like gym socks until the child wandering around until he found the repair room and gets inside an Animatronic Hieronymus Glove's body and runs away. While SpongeBob and Patrick looking for the kid they found themselves in the repair room and started playing around, until they found the kid throwing a bucket of water, and started chasing the child with a animatronic body. Animatronic Hieronymus Glove is suprised that the child stole his body, and Patrick destroying his body in his memory. The bucket tips over and his mouth of pulling out of wires.
While SpongeBob and Patrick are chasing the child with an animatronic body, which the child opens a door and runs inside with SpongeBob and Patrick closely behind them. Animatronic Hieronymus Glove arrives headbutts a panel, and uses his wires to tamper with some circuitry, setting off an alarm, which makes the floors downward, falling from a slide, found themselves on a giant dryer-themed ride, and land on a pile of socks. Animatronic Hieronymus Glove hits himself with his own hand and puts himself in a giant coin slot. The ride starts to spin faster which SpongeBob, Patrick, and the child getting pinned by a wall. When the ride stops they all fall into the floor and land on a pile of socks. While they are out of the giant dryer, they made it to Sock World, which it has a strong stench, makes the child come out of the pile of socks, and is disgusted by the smell. Patrick finds a switch that turns off the stench. But when SpongeBob is about to show the child Sock World he was just playing around with an animatronic body, until sparks are coming out which makes the animatronic socks on fire and dies. SpongeBob and Patrick are starting to follow the child. Animatronic Hieronymus Glove pops out of the sock pile, his two disembodied hands fist bump each other, attach themselves in the bottom of his head, he chases after SpongeBob and Patrick, and starts laughing maniacally.While SpongeBob and Patrick are chasing the child, they tripped themselves in a car from a water ride. Later they found the child which he's boarding up in the car and Animatronic Hieronymus Glove starts swimming and begins to bites the car and SpongeBob's and Patrick's butt. The cars reached the top of the ride SpongeBob and Patrick starts screaming, the child gets sucked out of Animatronic Hieronymus Glove body due to the sheer speed. The cars reached the bottom of the ride which makes the child hop out of the water and jump around Sock World, SpongeBob and Patrick follow suit and try to catch him. Animatronic Hieronymus Glove's reattach his hands into hands which grabs the toddler, and reattach his head into his body. Now he got SpongeBob and Patrick. Animatronic Hieronymus Glove points at Patrick for destroying his body, which they start having a fight. Until someone says "Enough!" Which is the real Hieronymus Glove. Animatronic Hieronymus Glove thinks that he's the real Hieronymus Glove. So they settled it by hitting there heads. One of the servants hit Patrick's head with a wrench which he meant to hit the other one, which causes Animatronic Hieronymus Glove to reboot SpongeBob and Patrick are excited to see the real Hieronymus Glove, and now they are free from Glove World Jail. SpongeBob and Patrick think they are pardoned and Hieronymus Glove is about to give all of Glove World. Hieronymus Glove begins to sing a song which takes them back to Glove World and now Animatronic Hieronymus Glove is now in Glove World Jail with the Animatronic Old Man, and the child begins to sleep. And the episode ends with the child starts wandering around Glove World and SpongeBob and Patrick are catching the child.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Charge - Nicolas Carr [Opening at Glove World]
‣ American Ball Game - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick riding on a baseball-themed ride]
‣ Disneyland - Sam Fonteyn [SpongeBob and Patrick exit the baseball-themed ride]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield ["One million, zillion, jillion, dillion, cotillion times later..."]
‣ American Ball Game - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick finish riding on the baseball-themed ride]
‣ Disneyland Cartoon - Roger David [SpongeBob and Patrick's faces are stiff]
‣ A Touch of Elegance - Roy Hartley [SpongeBob and Patrick decide to take a break at the Glove World Theater]
‣ Leap for Joy - Cedric Palmer [SpongeBob and Patrick at their seats]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Hieronymus Glove robot introduces himself]
• Gloves - Doug Lawrence, Eban Schletter [Hieronymus Glove robot sings this]
‣ Joy Ride - Jack Coles [SpongeBob and Patrick go backstage]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [Patrick breaks off Hieronymus Glove robot's right hand and head]
‣ Cheesy Blaxploitation Theme - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [Glove World police appear]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick gets nervous ]
‣ Treachery - Wilfred Burns [SpongeBob starts crying]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Wait, what did you say?"]
‣ Unknown Track 25 - Nicolas Carr ["The real Hieronymus Glove has been frozen in ice for decades now."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, Patrick, it was only a robot head."]
‣ Eccentric March - Peter Hope [Glove World police take SpongeBob and Patrick down to Glove World jail]
‣ Komic Kuts - Harold Smart [Little gloves close SpongeBob and Patrick's cell]
‣ Sailors Hornpipe (a) - Brian Gulland, Richard Harvey [SpongeBob and Patrick looking around the Glove World jail]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, not again, Patrick."]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony [Little kid emerges from the glove pit]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (X) - Jeremy Wakefield ["What's a little guy like you doing in jail?"]
‣ ? [More kids emerge from the glove pit]
‣ Code "Dead End" - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick scream ]
‣ Mood Macabre - Stan Tracey [Kids explain SpongeBob and Patrick why are they in jail]
‣ A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I'm kidding, I'm just here cause I bit the lemonade guy."]
‣ Kiyouli Le Clown - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [Kids celebrate their confinement in Glove World jail]
‣ Sailors Hornpipe (a) - Brian Gulland, Richard Harvey [Little kid runs loose in Glove World jail's hallway]
‣ Invasion - Oleksandr Rodin [All the kids escape from their cell]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick's pupils rolling around his eyes]
‣ Invasion - Oleksandr Rodin [SpongeBob pulls the jail's escape alarm]
‣ Dicey - Kenny Graham [Hieronymus Glove robot's head gets taken to robot morgue room]
‣ Mischief Makers - Gilbert Vinter [SpongeBob grabs the little kid from the ladder ]
‣ Unknown Track 94 - SpongeBob sees many doors around him
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Which way should we go?"]
‣ White Satin - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob, Patrick and the little kid follow a group of scientists]
‣ Horse and Hound - Donald Thorne [Guard Glove Training room]
‣ ? [Sock World Prototype room]
‣ Opening Fanfare - Eddy Warner [A prototype of the future city Sock World]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 4 - Fredric Bayco [Little kid goes missing from SpongeBob and Patrick/SpongeBob sees the little kid]
‣ Junior Miss - Len Stevens [Little kid enters at robot morgue]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick see the robot morgue room is a mess]
‣ Carnival Electronique - Vyvyan Hope-Scott [SpongeBob and Patrick acting like robots]
‣ Hippo Bird - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob and Patrick see the little kid]
‣ Punctuations - Ralph Dollimore [Hieronymus Glove robot's head escapes/Cables emerge from the mouth/Hieronymus Glove robot's head leaves]
‣ Pursuit - Wilfred Burns [SpongeBob and Patrick chase the little kid]
‣ ? [Hieronymus Glove robot's head makes a coin fall in the washing machine ride]
‣ Unknown Track 78 - Washing machine ride rolls around
‣ ? ["Ah... Warm socks just out of the dryer..."]
‣ Carnival at the Fair - William Farran [SpongeBob and Patrick see Sock World in front of them]
‣ Banjo Sing-Along - [Optigan sample] [Little kid runs off through Sock World]
‣ I Say, I Say, I Say - David Lindup [SpongeBob and Patrick go after the little kid]
‣ Star Trekkers 3 - Steve Marston [Little kid goes up Soggy Sock Flume ride with SpongeBob and Patrick behind him]
‣ ? ["Do you feel a pain in your butt?"]
‣ Porous Pursuit - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick and the little kid go down Soggy Sock Flume ride]
‣ Arnold is Back 2 - Gregor Narholz [Hieronymus Glove robot's right hand takes off the little kid off his body]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (X) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hieronymus Glove's robot!?"]
‣ In Disguise Ensemble - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["...right after I take off his head!"]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["NOOO!!"]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Walter [Patrick gives his head to Hieronymus Glove's robot]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick's head gets taken by SpongeBob and Patrick itself]
‣ Punctuations - Ralph Dollimore [Patrick punches with his tongue Hieronymus Glove's robot's head away]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, I like this body better than mine, because of pockets."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Hieronymus Glove's robot's head on Patrick's body]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick and Hieronymus Glove robot's head fighting]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Real Hieronymus Glove appears inside an ice cube]
‣ Carnival Electronique - Vyvyan Hope-Scott [Hieronymus Glove's robot gets shut off and taken away]
‣ Goblin Ballet - Ernest Tomlinson [Hieronymus Glove pardons SpongeBob and Patrick]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick get put crowns on his heads]
• Gloves - Doug Lawrence, Eban Schletter [Ending]
This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- The title card background is similar to those of "The Getaway" and "Squid's on a Bus," except that the former is blue and the latter is orange. Those scenes also appear in rapid sliding transitions in the normal episodes.
- This was the first episode that premiered in 2020 and the 2020s decade.
- This is also the first episode to be made at that time.
- This was the first episode released by Nickelodeon following the ViacomCBS re-merger.
- This was the first 22-minute/double-length episode that premiered after Stephen Hillenburg's lifetime.
- However if one were to include the rerun/two-part versions of "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout," this is the second/third.
- This will be the last special to premiere before the release of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run.
- This is the first episode to show the area beneath Glove World!.
- This is the second time that the location Glove World! is used in an episode title. The first was "Glove World R.I.P." in season 8.
- The first promo was revealed during the premiere of "Patchy's Beach Bash!"
- Once again, Glove World! is shown operating despite being closed and replaced by Glove Universe in "Glove World R.I.P."
- This is the first special to feature Glove World!
- This episode preceded the series premiere of the Nickelodeon animated series It's Pony.
- Promotions and several TV schedules for this episode have alternatively titled it "Escape from Glove World," excluding the "Beneath" part.
- This is the second time Mary Walker is seen without her wig. The first time was in "Glove World R.I.P" which ironically is another episode focusing on Glove World!
- Much like "Glove World R.I.P.," this episode does not contain the exclamation point at the end of Glove World!'s name in the title like how it appears on the entrance sign.
- This is the first special to feature only two major characters – SpongeBob and Patrick, with everyone else being absent.
- It is unknown how mice and butterflies are able to exist underwater, especially since in "Wormy" Sandy brings a butterfly from the surface and it needed a bubble to be underwater.
- Rob Paulsen is uncredited in the end credits for his voice work.
- This is the second episode Maurice LaMarche guest starred in, as well as his second time in season 12, after "Squid's on a Bus."
- Finger Fun Industries are the official owners of Glove World and Sock World.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob gets trapped in Glove World. The first is "Tunnel of Glove."
- Hieronymus Glove may be based on Walt Disney since he looks very similar to him. They even reference the rumor that Walt Disney was cryogenically frozen when they reveal that Hieronymus Glove was frozen in ice.
- During the movie at the Glove World! Theater, there is a scene where three mice can be seen wearing matching ears and gloves that are reminiscent of Mickey Mouse's design.
- The movie also features a fish called Queen Elizafish the First, whose name references Queen Elizabeth I, one of the previous queens of England. However, Elizafish's design is more reminiscent of Queen Elizabeth II, the current queen of England.
- While in Glove World! jail, SpongeBob and Patrick see some pirates in jail wanting a worm to give them the key. This is a reference to a scene in the 1967 Disneyland attraction, Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Before the kids break out of Glove World! jail, Helen the Felon can be heard speaking Pig Latin when she yells "Let's amscray!," which means "Let's scram!"
- The Soggy Sock Flume ride is a reference to the 1989 Disneyland ride, Splash Mountain.
- During one scene in the episode, Patrick's eyelids are incorrectly colored yellow as SpongeBob's.
- The opening credits do not list Rob Paulsen as a special voice guest, due to him already being credited as a seagull in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.