- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Nat Peterson
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Frankie Billy
- Jimmy Gus
- Nathiel Waters
- Medley Fishbowl
- Old Man Jenkins
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Chumbot (debut)
- Miss Shell
- Vera Fishbowl
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Betsy Krabs
- Victor Krabs (possible cameo in picture)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- Fish in picture at the Krusty Krab
- Norma Rechid
A giant robot is ravaging through Bikini Bottom, capturing the citizens and taking them to the Chum Bucket, where they complain when Plankton reveals he only wanted them to eat here and they leave. After that, Plankton gets into an argument with his computer wife, Karen, and he eventually spots Mr. Krabs' mother, Betsy, walking out of the Krusty Krab. Plankton falls in love with Betsy upon seeing her for the first time. Karen gets mad upon hearing that Plankton's apparently in love with another woman, but after Plankton discovers that Karen has an off-switch, he turns her off.
Plankton and Betsy eventually start dating, and Mr. Krabs greatly disapproves of the relationship, convinced that Plankton is just trying to find out what the Krabby Patty secret formula is. He does his best to break up the relationship, but only gets scolded by his mother.
Eventually, Mr. Krabs confronts Plankton at the Chum Bucket and accidentally gives Plankton an opportunity to find out the formula: as it would seem, Betsy actually does know the Krabby Patty secret formula, as it's an old family recipe. Krabs claims that Plankton will never know since he's not part of the family. Mr. Krabs leaves and Plankton gets an idea and laughs to himself.
At the restaurant, Betsy confronts her son on his actions as he explains his reasons before Betsy revealed that Plankton never asked her about the formula and didn't know she knew. Mr. Krabs then realizes in his rage, he let this info slip needlessly and becomes nervous. Betsy sends him to his office as punishment and he complies.
Plankton arrives to the Krusty Krab and proposes to Betsy Krabs as Mr. Krabs begs his mother not to marry his enemy as Plankton gloats. However, Betsy turns him down, explaining that she's flattered, but not ready for that kind of commitment. In addition, the robot Plankton created shows up, and it's revealed that Betsy is dating the robot. Plankton gets mad, and asks Betsy for the formula to call it even. Betsy realizes that Plankton was using her to be able to learn the formula and punches him back into the Chum Bucket.
After being blasted in the restaurant, Plankton hits the on-switch for Karen, turning her back on, and they get into another argument. When Plankton insults Karen, she immediately threatens him with a laser as he tries correcting himself. However, Karen, who is still mad at him for turning her off before, zaps him anyway.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [Title card]
‣ Monster Bug (a) - Gregor Narholz [Chumbot kidnapping everyone]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["You little twerp!"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Plankton and Karen argue]
‣ Spanish Ladies (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock ["Oh, money, you're always there for me."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["Why did I ever buy that computer wife?"]
‣ Dream of Tomorrow - Trevor Duncan [Plankton falls in love with Mama Krabs]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Plankton shuts Karen off]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["And now to woo that beloved creature."]
‣ King Kong Coming - Gregor Narholz [Chumbot kidnaps Mama Krabs]
‣ Arnold is Back 1 - Gregor Narholz [Chumbot kidnaps Mama Krabs]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [love note]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Mama Krabs screams]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["Am I really that pretty?"]
‣ In Vogue - Syd Dale [Plankton on the phone with Mama Krabs]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Unknown Track 25 - Nicolas Carr [funeral]
‣ Spanish Ladies (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock ["Someone to spend money... I mean time with you?"]
‣ Cocktail Lounge - Dick Stephen Walter [that night]
‣ Unknown Track 43 - "Plankton!"/"Krabs!"/"Eugene!"/"Mommy?"
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Mommy?!"]
‣ Unknown Track 43 - "SpongeBob!"
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["This delectable creature is your mother?"]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton, Mama Krabs leave]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares ["You!"]
‣ Glissando (g) - Skaila Kanga, Richard Myhill ["And all it took was the love of a beautiful woman."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Your mother knows the Krabby Patty formula?"]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr ["Not family, eh? Well, I can fix that."]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [Krabs' mom sends him to his office]
‣ Rio Rhythm - Mark Winter [Plankton appears]
‣ Waltz Elegante [#27] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton proposes to Mama Krabs]
‣ Heraldic Call 4 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["It's time to act like a man!"]
‣ Unknown Track 44 - "Please don't marry him, mommy."
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred William Burns [Plankton laughs evilly]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Krabs laughs]
‣ Bittersweet Memory - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["What is this? There's somebody else, isn't there?"]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece A - Gregor Narholz [Chumbot appears with flowers]
‣ Fates [#62] - Gregor Narholz ["I don't believe this! You led me on!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["The formula?!"]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr [Plankton nervous]
‣ Unknown Track 49 - Mama Krabs flexes her muscles
‣ Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Lost in Time, Season 4 Volume 1, Complete Fourth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of June 10, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.1/10 based on 319 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.1/10 based on 226 votes.
- In German, this episode is called "Wo die Liebe fällt," which translates to "Where the love falls."
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob has been a waiter as well as the second time the Krusty Krab was turned into a five-star restaurant for just one night. The first for both of these events is in "Squilliam Returns."
- The title card for this episode is similar to that of "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" and "Skill Crane."
- Betsy Krabs has a Scottish accent, whereas Mr. Krabs has an entirely different accent altogether.
- The Chum Bucket appears to be on a hill in the beginning.
- Ironically, Betsy Krabs prefers a relationship with a machine, just as Plankton goes for Karen, a computer.
- Karen zaps Plankton when she's angry with him. She would do this to him again when he sends her to the frozen tundra in "Frozen Face-Off."
- When Plankton calls Betsy, Plankton shows Betsy Krabs' number (Betsy Krabs' number is 791347).
- This episode is one of the four episodes in season four to use the Crowd Scream sound effect, the others being "Selling Out," "Dunces and Dragons," and "Once Bitten."
- This episode takes place after "The Abrasive Side," because in that episode, Mr. Krabs does not know what the word "overtime" meant, but in this episode, he uses it.
- In Greek, this episode is called "Όλα για τη συνταγή του καβουροπάτι," which translates to "Everything for the Krabby Patty recipe."
- The Nickelodeon schedule calls this episode "My Worst Friend's Wedding." It was the original title for this episode.
- In Indonesia, Plankton doesn't kidnap the people to eat, but to become the ingredients, so that it could be cannibalism.
- This is first episode where Betsy Krabs is voiced by Sirena Irwin.
- Plankton says that he bought Karen. However, in "Single Cell Anniversary," he says that he built her.
- However, he may have been referring to how he bought parts to assemble her.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs claims the Krabby Patty formula is an "old Krabs family recipe," though in the episode "Friend or Foe," it is revealed that Mr. Krabs created the recipe at a young age by accidentally knocking a shelf of jars into a vat of patty beef.
- Plankton calls Karen a Wired Integrated Female Electroencephalograph. An electroencephalograph is a machine used to conduct electric activity in the brain.
- This episode proves that Plankton is technically single, since he states Karen is a machine.
- Betsy Krabs showing her muscle and in it being a battleship is a reference to the Popeye cartoons.
- When Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to work late for Betsy's date the street in front of the Krusty Krab is replaced with sand.
- When Mr. Krabs barges into the Chum Bucket in anger, some scenes show red pipes on the wall, but some don't.
- Plankton's phone is missing the number zero in this episode.
- Plankton asked SpongeBob if his tie was on straight, yet he is not wearing a tie, he is wearing a bow tie.
- When Plankton walks into the Krusty Krab with the rose, there is a burger sticker on the window. However, once he's inside, it's no longer there. This happens a few seconds later when Mrs. Krabs walks in.
- When the Chumbot picks up the citizens, Mevis is not one of the citizens that the Chumbot picks up, but he appears at the Chum Bucket when the citizens are thrown into it.
- Betsy Krabs' phone number isn't a proper one.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|