- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Employee of the Month SpongeBobs
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Incidental 42 (cameo)
- Incidental 27 (cameo)
- Incidental 65 (cameo)
- Incidental 15 (cameo)
- Employee of the Month Squidward (debut)
- Incidental 41 (cameo)
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob reminds Squidward that the judging for the Employee of the Month Award has begun. However, Squidward tells SpongeBob that the award is nothing but a scam, and Mr. Krabs is only giving it to him so he will work harder for less money, but SpongeBob does not believe him, claiming he earns the award because he works harder, and insists Squidward should take more pride in his work.
Mr. Krabs warns SpongeBob that Squidward might get the new Employee of the Month Award, and since SpongeBob has 26 consecutive awards and wants a 27th, he starts worrying.
SpongeBob tries to work harder in the kitchen, starting with cooking and flipping Krabby Patties twice as fast as he normally does. But then he attempts to flip one patty that is somehow stuck to the grill, and struggles to pry it. He succeeds, but only to send that patty flying and getting stuck to the ceiling. As SpongeBob tries to pry the patty off the ceiling, Squidward comes in to the kitchen. Squidward tells SpongeBob that he has lost his mind over the award and continues to claim that the award is a scam.
Later, SpongeBob starts to question himself regarding the award, worrying that Squidward is right, and that the award is a scam. Suddenly, he imagines his pictures as drill sergeants, and the one for March tells him Squidward is only telling him the award is a scam so he will lose confidence in himself. The March picture "convinces" SpongeBob to fight back, and SpongeBob agrees to do it.
That night, SpongeBob attempts to sneak into Squidward's house to destroy his alarm clock so that Squidward will not wake up. However, he is caught. Then, SpongeBob and Squidward get into an argument about the award. Squidward says that he could get the award if he wanted to, and SpongeBob demands him to prove it. As SpongeBob leaves, they both decide that they will arrive at the Krusty Krab earlier than the other.
SpongeBob and Squidward glare at each other from their own houses to make sure that the other does not leave before them. Squidward plays a lullaby for SpongeBob with his clarinet to put him to sleep. Squidward then tries to sneak over to the Krusty Krab while SpongeBob is asleep, but trips and falls into a deep hole that SpongeBob dug in front of Squidward's door. SpongeBob confronts Squidward, and then antagonizes him by leaving him in the hole. As SpongeBob goes back home, Squidward climbs out of the hole himself. Then Squidward tries to barricade SpongeBob's front door with some wood and nails, only to have SpongeBob saw the door down from the inside. They both make a desperate run for the Krusty Krab and set several traps for each other along the way.
The next morning, SpongeBob and Squidward get tired and call a truce with each other, only to break it forty-five seconds later and continue the run. They both get there at the same time, just as Mr. Krabs opens the doors. They begin overworking in an attempt to impress him, doing more harm than good, scaring Mr. Krabs out of his wits in the process.
Then, they begin trying to make as many Krabby Patties as possible. The number of patties gets so high that it causes the Krusty Krab to explode. Krabby Patties rain down from the sky, much to the delight of the citizens of Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob and Squidward eagerly ask Mr. Krabs who the winner is as he tries to make the customers pay for the patties.
- Squidward insulting the Employee of the Month award then getting drenched with Krabby Patty puree from a fan.
- SpongeBob and Squidward setting traps to prevent one of them from going to the Krusty Krab.
- SpongeBob and Squidward desperately trying to win the Employee of the Month award.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Oyster Girls - Robert Alexander White [title card]
‣ Me for You - George Callert [opening]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie ["This is gonna be a tough one, though."]
‣ Casualties of Love B - Mladen Franko [SpongeBob imagines Squidward's picture on the wall]
‣ Death Trap [#25] - Gregor F. Narholz [patty stuck to grill]
• SpongeBob Closing Theme - Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr ["Making Krabby Patties?"]
‣ Dashing White Sergeants - Brian Douglas Gulland, Robert Alexander White ["This is war now, private!"]
‣ Agent Woodrow - The Woodies [SpongeBob spying on Squidward]
‣ Death Trap [#25] - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob hides in Squidward's pillow]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob destroys Squidward's alarm clock]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [SpongeBob and Squidward watching each other]
• Clarinet Lullaby - Brad Carow [Squidward playing clarinet]
‣ Dramatic Cue (h) - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward sneaks out and falls into a hole]
• Gator - Steve Belfer ["Hey, Squidward, going somewhere?"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward climbs out]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Squidward trapping each other]
‣ Volga Boat Men - Dick Stephen Walter [pulling a ship]
‣ Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer [truce]
‣ Timpani - Military (d) - Gary Kettel [Squidward and SpongeBob shaking hands.]
‣ War Clouds - Gary Kettel [Squidward and SpongeBob shaking hands.]
‣ Mavericks - The Woodies [they race to the Krusty Krab]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Money, money, gonna make some money..."]
‣ Mavericks - The Woodies [Krabs sees SpongeBob and Squidward]
• 12th Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Look, Mr. Krabs, clean floors!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [ending]
*On The Complete 1st Season, Home Sweet Pineapple, and The First 100 Episodes DVDs, "Agent Woodrow" is replaced with "Hercule Poirot" by Gerhard Trede.
**On The Complete 1st Season, Home Sweet Pineapple, and The First 100 Episodes DVDs, "Mavericks" is replaced with "El Dementia" by The Surfdusters. On The First 100 Episodes DVD, "Mavericks" plays the first time, but is replaced by "El Dementia" the second time it plays.
- This episode is available on The Complete 1st Season, Home Sweet Pineapple, Karate Choppers, Beach Bob, The Ultimate Box Set, First 100 Episodes, The Super Celebrations, Exposed!: The Ultimate Box Set, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 1, Employee of the Month, The Complete First Season, From the Beginning, Pt.1, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Welcome Aboard, SpongeBob, You're Fired!, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Triple Pack 4, The First & Second Seasons, Movies & TV Collection, Big Hits: Volume 2, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode is also available on the UK version of the Home Sweet Pineapple VHS tape.
- "Employee of the Month" was ranked #36 during the Best Day Ever event from November 9–10, 2006.
- There is a PC game that has the same name as this episode, which was released in 2002.
- SpongeBob imagines a drill sergeant version of himself in one of his Employee of the Month pictures, who demands him to work as hard as possible so that Squidward does not win. This one appears in the March picture, a reference to an army march.
- The drill sergeant design of the SpongeBob picture from this episode is also the same design as the artwork on the North American cover of Battle for Bikini Bottom.
- SpongeBob says he won Employee of the Month 26 times in a row, meaning this episode falls at least two years and two months after "Help Wanted," when he was hired.
- However, it is revealed in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie that he has won 374 consecutive Employee of the Month awards.
- This, "Help Wanted," "Pickles," "One Krabs Trash," and "Best Day Ever" are the only five episodes to have SpongeBob's bed placed on the right side of his room and not the left.
- It is never revealed who got the Employee of the Month award.
- This was the first episode to have three storyboard artists.
- Sometimes, YTV accidentally lists this episode as "Chumbucket" instead of its actual name. The Chum Bucket is not even seen in this episode. Also, YTV sometimes says this episode originally aired on March 14, 2014.
- Additionally, "Chumbucket" is one word when it should be two.
- This is the first episode where the Krusty Krab explodes.
- This is the second time Squidward cooks for the Krusty Krab. The first time was in "Pickles."
- Unlike in "Pickles," Squidward cooks Krabby Patties as good as SpongeBob does.
- Squidward's book has no page lines which looks like one big page then a couple of hundred pages.
- When SpongeBob shows the calendar showing "Annoy Squidward Day" on the 15th, the date of the 21st is right below it. In a real calendar, the 22nd would be below the 15th, so the week appears to only have six days.
- As well as that, the date of the 5th is above the 15th, meaning that it skipped four days in the week.
- Also, the date of the 27th is below the 22nd, meaning that the week of the Employee of the Month day would’ve only had five days.
- SpongeBob's calendar said it was "March" but on the picture frame, it says it was January. Also, the calendar had 28 as the last day of the month, meaning it must have been February in a non-leap year.
- SpongeBob mentions he has won the Employee of the Month 26 times to Squidward but is pictured 43 times on the Employee of the Month wall.
- Right before SpongeBob imagines Squidward's face on the "Employee of the Month" award frame, the order of the awards is wrong:
- On the third to last row, "February," "December," January," "February," "December."
- On the second to last row, "April," "May," "March," "April," "May."
- On the bottom row: "December," "January," "February," and "January."
- When SpongeBob is crying "How could the quality of my work slip so much?," the frame on the picture of Squidward says "January." But the frame before it says "February," then changes back to December.
- When the "Employee of the Month" awards are panning down when SpongeBob thinks Squidward might be right about the awards, in the last readable row, the order of the awards is "Mach," "April," "May," "March."
- When the drill sergeant SpongeBob is giving real SpongeBob a pep talk, the award after "March" is "February."
- When SpongeBob hides in the kelp near his house, there is no window on the side of Squidward’s house. When he looks through his binoculars, the window on the side of Squidward’s house appears.
- When SpongeBob looks into Squidward's house to spy on him, Squidward sets his alarm clock on the nightstand with a lamp, but when SpongeBob goes into Squidward's house, the alarm is on the other nightstand with no lamp.
- If one looks closely in the scene where SpongeBob is in Squidward's pillowcase, SpongeBob's eyes turn green, and then they are back to normal.
- When SpongeBob sneaks into Squidward's house, all of Squidward's furniture is in the room. However, while SpongeBob is running back and forth from the closet with the clocks in it, the room is empty.
- Squidward's clock says 9:00 when he goes to bed, but in his closet full of clocks, most of them say 8:05. They all later switch to the correct time.
- When SpongeBob goes to Squidward's closet it is filled with alarm clocks. In the next scene, he is breaking them, the others disappear, and is seen breaking one clock.
- Squidward’s bedroom is on the second floor, but when SpongeBob leaves the room, he walks out the front door as if it was on the first floor.
- When Squidward walks into the bottle, it seems he walks through the back but it is covered.
- When Squidward and SpongeBob finish shaking hands due to their "truce" and start running towards the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket is not visible.
- When Squidward and SpongeBob barge into the Krusty Krab, the handlebars on the door are clear instead of gold or brown.
- When Squidward is brushing his teeth, in his reflection the bubbles are behind his nose, but from behind, the bubbles are in front of his nose.
- In the same shot, Squidward's neck does not connect to his head, rather going in front of it.
- On the November 8, 2018 airing, in a moment when SpongeBob is about to be trapped by the robotic arm, the screen freezes for a few seconds, resulting in the intro theme from the CBS Show "Mom" ("Overture" by Russlan and Ludmilla) being played in the background. After a few seconds, the music stops, and Squidward passes by the frozen SpongeBob before cutting to the next shot. 
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|