Please discuss the episode article guidelines here. This is only for the article, not the transcript or gallery. — AMK152 02:37, November 16, 2012 (UTC)
Format and LayoutEdit
Discuss the format and layout in this section. — AMK152 02:37, November 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I like the current overall format. There are just certain aspects we should really work on, and I point them out in other section here. — AMK152 14:51, November 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I think we should add a "Credits" tab to each episode, so it isn't so hard to find them.
BatJarley 01:50, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I do like the idea of full credits on a separate tab. However, I would at least like to keep important credit remarks in the infobox, such as listing writers. — AMK152 23:37, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Having Credits on separated tab actually sounds better than implemneting them to infobox or uploading them to some third-party website. I think we should just remove the "credits generator" from the infobox. It automatically imports existing credits videos. Everything else, related to the infobox should stay the same.
- Also, credits should then be removed from the List of episodes and we would need to add List of end credits to the Template:EpisodeLists.
- I like that idea, AW10, however, The only thing I would change is to at least keep the writers' names and guest stars. Perhaps we could implement the writer's names in the head of the article. — AMK152 04:31, December 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I like it a lot. Much more organized and professional. Tvguy347 (talk) 19:18, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
- It will definitely work a lot better and I'm sure loads of people would help out with those, I never really considered the credits as a video as a good idea so this is the way to go.FrostyLemonTalk 05:58, December 4, 2012 (UTC)
- BatJarley shouldn't your signature have a link to your userpage ? ~Davebrayfbu 19:52, December 6, 2012 (UTC)
I propose the following arrangement, as in order of sections:
- 1. Plot (a summary of the episode)
- 2. Production (the making of, behind the scenes, music used, deleted scenes)
- 2a. Production (no subheading needed)
- 2b. Music
- 3. Reception (release, ratings, reviews, how the episode was received by credits) subsections may or may not be necessary.
- 3a. Release and inital ratings and reviews
- 3b. Legacy and long-term recepetion
- 4. Trivia (revealings, errors, cultural references, etc.)
- 4b. Trivia (no subsection needed)
- 4c. Errors
- 4d. Cultural references
- 4d. NOT A SECTION (an additional box on the right side of the trivia section will list time cards used and a timeline of the episode (if any))
- 5. References
- 6. External links (links to IMDB, TV.com, videos, etc.
- I had been debating on where to place the "music" section. I believe that the music should go under production. Thoughts? — AMK152 23:50, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree with provided arrangement.
- It'll be a bit tricky getting a good amount of international air dates as in Australia the episode usually airs around 10 hours after the American premiering, I'll be able to get a few European air dates but it'll be hard getting more international air dates after that.FrostyLemonTalk 06:02, December 4, 2012 (UTC)
Discuss the infobox. Addtions/changes we should make. — AMK152 02:37, November 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I noticed AW10 was experimenting with adding credits to the infobox. I think that sounds like a great idea as users can then see who produced the episode. --Spongebob456 (Talk) 07:23, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think we should overdue the Infobox. We should only provide the most important credit information. — AMK152 23:38, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
I want a change.For example it would be like this on Help wanted and other pages:Help Wanted is the 1st episode in Season 1 of SpongeBob SquarePants (series).~Davebrayfbu 19:52, December 6, 2012 (UTC)
Discuss the character list. — AMK152 14:51, November 18, 2012 (UTC)
I think this is un-necessary, for we have the Appearences Tabs On Character Pages. -- BatJarley 01:50, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I believe that the character list is necessary, but I am looking for a better way to display it on the article. — AMK152 00:34, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
- One idea I thought of was a sort of cast list table. — AMK152 23:38, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- What about media, I think it is necessary to specify them.
- Media, such as home video, should be under something along the lines of "release." We have the basic parts of the making of the episode:
- Production (how the episode is made, casting of guest stars, deleted scenes, storyboards, etc.)
- Promotion (commericials, advertising)
- Release (on TV, on DVD, etc.; includes international air dates)
- Reception (fan reviews, critic reviews, viewer ratings)
- Now I had originally planned for two sections "Production" and "Reception," but I find the two in the middle are also aspects of the episode. Now we may not have a whole lot of information, but we should consider how we are going to format the process. Media released would go under release. — AMK152 03:53, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
Please feel free to add additional discussion topics in regards to episode articles.
Quote sections (RESULT: REMOVE QUOTE SECTIONS)Edit
I believe we should eliminate any and all quote sections, as we do have transcripts. — AMK152 02:37, November 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed. The odd quote can always be placed in the Plot section anyway. --Spongebob456 (Talk) 07:25, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I like that idea. — AMK152 15:37, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think we should have the quotes really at all. --
BatJarley 01:51, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
Categories (RESULT: ONLY 2 CATEGORIES WITH ONE EXCEPTION)Edit
All episode articles shall be categorized with the following two categories and nothing else. — AMK152 02:37, November 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Season # episodes
I also think we should include the category "Unaired Episodes" for those who haven't yet aired. -- BatJarley 01:51, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree, but we would lower case episodes: "Unaired episodes." — AMK152 00:35, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
- "Unaired episodes" category should be instead of Template:Unreleased. It really picks you in eye, which downgrades the quality of the article.
Time/Date and Title cards (RESOLVED: TRIVIA BOX)Edit
Rather than putting these pieces at the top, does anyone have any ideas on where else we could put them, BESIDES an extra bullet note in the trivia section? — AMK152 02:37, November 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I think placing this information in a table on the right side of the trivia section looks much better. See here. — AMK152 14:58, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I have modifided the template a little bit. I don't think that that main heading is necessary. The template is part of the Trivia, so it doesn't need to have special heading.
- Excellent. I really like this format over the old one. — AMK152 03:32, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
Trivia sections (RESOLVED: DISCUSSION MOVED)Edit
Already I have included "Goofs" as part of trivia. "Goof" just doesn't sound like a good word for what we are trying to achieve. I want to discuss trivia sections, such as what we should include and what we should remove. — AMK152 02:37, November 16, 2012 (UTC)
- See also: SpongeBob SquarePants:Issues/Trivia
- I think our new error rule should be: "Do NOT add plot holes such as 'SpongeBob should not have been in the store wearing his underwear.' It is a children's comedy program and there will be flaws in the cartoon."