The Krabby Patty is the Krusty Krab's signature food item. It is a vegan burger made from seaweed-sea buns, undersea vegetables, and a patty. The ingredients of the patty itself are kept secret throughout the series, but creator Stephen Hillenburg stated that the patties do not contain any meat.
The Krabby Patty is a basic plot element that contributes to the Krusty Krab's existence. A running gag throughout the series is Plankton trying to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula, but end up always failing.
The Krabby Patty is made out of a frozen patty with fresh lettuce, crisp onions and tomatoes with sea cheese, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and a Krabby Patty secret formula, though said secret formula has never been revealed in the series. SpongeBob mentioned multiple times that 'love' is an essential ingredient that does indeed impact the taste of the burger; to the point where King Neptune's patties were disgusting since "perfect patties are made with love, not magic." The patties are vegan, similar to a veggie burger; Stephen Hillenburg and Vincent Waller have both stated that the patties have no animal product whatsoever in them.
The Krabby Patty was made by Mr. Krabs when he was a kid, and it was by accident after Krabs and Plankton broke their friendship and became rivals. Plankton is unaware that he was directly responsible for the accidental creation of the Krabby Patty.  In the episode "Just One Bite," Krabby Patties are revealed to be kept in the patty vault.
- Sesame seeds
- Bottom bun
- Sea cheese
- Sea pickles
- Sea lettuce
- Sea tomatoes
- Sea onions
- Sea/table Salt
- Tartar sauce
- Secret sauce - Unexplained
- A teaspoon of raspberry
- "Na na na"
- "A splash of Whee"
- Top bun
The Krabby Patty secret formula is where the ingredients are listed at.
There are many variations of the Krabby Patty throughout the series. However, few have made more than one appearance.
Krabby Double Deluxe
The Krabby Double Deluxe, also sometimes known as the Deluxe Krabby Patty, is much like a standard Krabby Patty with twice the amount of patty. It has been seen or referenced in many episodes.In "Pressure," Patrick attempts to swallow a Krabby Double Deluxe in one bite. He barely manages to swallow it, as it fills up his whole mouth. Sandy tries to eat it, but since she has her helmet on, it does not get to her mouth and instead smears all over her helmet, which makes everyone laugh at her.
Double Triple Bossy Deluxe
The Double Triple Bossy Deluxe is the burger ordered by Bubble Bass in the episode "Pickles." It consists of the same ingredients as a usual Krabby Patty with twice as many ingredients. The patty Bubble Bass receives is said to have no pickles. This causes SpongeBob to become disoriented and forget how to do anything.
Once SpongeBob regains his confidence, he serves Bubble Bass again. The latter claims the pickles are missing again, though it is then revealed that Bubble Bass faked the whole incident by hiding the pickles under his tongue, much to everyone's anger.
In the episode "Pickles," SpongeBob creates a Krabby Patty with extra onions and calls it a "Crying Johnny."
Giant Krabby Patty
The giant Krabby Patty is a large patty that appears in and is a major plot point of the episode "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom." It is produced after Mr. Krabs uses a growth serum from Sandy on a Krabby Patty. During its growth, it eats the Krusty Krab and almost all of Bikini Bottom and its citizens.
It is destroyed once SpongeBob absorbs the patty, making it spit out everything and everyone it "ate."
Triple Krabby Supreme
A Triple Krabby Supreme is a Krabby Patty that appears in the episode "Just One Bite." It is a Krabby Patty with triple the amount of ingredients.
After Squidward realizes that he actually likes Krabby Patties, he informs SpongeBob about an order for a Triple Krabby Supreme, albeit letting the "customer"'s identity remain unknown because Squidward does not want SpongeBob finding out his true love for Krabby Patties. He orders one on a kelp bun with extra sea pickles and demands him to "burn it to a crisp."
Once SpongeBob is finished with the order, he bursts out of the kitchen and announces the patty's name to the customer. Since no one responds, SpongeBob figures that they left, not knowing that the customer is Squidward himself, and eats the patty due to its fresh quality, much to Squidward's disappointment.
King-Size Ultra Krabby Supreme
A King-Size Ultra Krabby Supreme is a deep-fried Krabby Patty on a stick. It appears in the episode "Just One Bite." This is what Harold Bill Reginald Scott orders at the beginning of the episode, with mayonnaise as his condiment of choice.
The Jelly Patty was invented by SpongeBob in the episode "Jellyfish Hunter" and consisted of an ordinary Krabby Patty topped with jellyfish jelly. The jelly makes the Krabby Patty taste amazingly good and proves highly addictive to those who consumed it.
After all of the jellyfish are captured, Mr. Krabs imprisons them in a factory where he proceeds to drain them for all of their jellies, sucking many of them dry. However, SpongeBob catches on to this with the help of the blue jellyfish, No Name, and they free the jellyfish.
Having been badly stung by and lost all of the jellyfish, Mr. Krabs takes Jelly Patties off of the menu.
With SpongeBob missing the patties and Squidward embarrassed by his outfit, especially around children, they team up to get customers to stop eating the Krusty Dogs by making them think they are poisonous, but this makes them crave it more. SpongeBob comes up with the idea to stuff them with balloons and inflating them before the customer eats it.
No one wants to have one after this and they go back to the original patties, but Squidward has to wear a more humiliating costume.
The Krusty Dog is made with:
- Buns (for hot dogs)
- Patty (with secret ingredient)
- Mustard (optional)
- Ketchup (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
Krusty Krab pizza
- Pizza Delivery." The only reason it was made was that a customer, on the phone, asks if they serve pizza, and Mr. Krabs quickly smashes a few Krabby Patties into a pizza. The Krusty Krab pizza is a pizza that first appears in "
SpongeBob 4-D Recipe
- 11 sesame seeds
- Two buns
The Pipsqueak Patty is a smaller version of a Krabby Patty and has a smile on the top bun. It is available in Krusty Kid's Meals. Despite this, it costs a dollar more. Usually, the smaller meals cost less, but not to Mr. Krabs.
The Pipsqueak Patty appears in the episode "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V," "Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob," and the mobile app SpongeBob Moves In!, the former in which Mermaid Man orders it for Barnacle Boy because he thinks he is too young to consume a regular Krabby Patty.
Monster Krabby Patty
- All That Glitters." A Monster Krabby Patty is a larger version of a Krabby Patty. Based on Squidward's comments, it is a rare order and it appears to be an infamous food because everyone reacts in fear when they hear its name uttered, especially SpongeBob. This item is a key aspect of the plot of the episode "
Greasy variationsIn "Greasy Buffoons," after SpongeBob cleans out a massive container full of grease, Plankton has the idea of products with irresistible grease to attract customers. To gain his customers back, Mr. Krabs starts his own greasy products. After a feud, the health inspector would force the two rivals, Krabs and Plankton, to shut down their restaurants unless the grease was gotten rid of.
The defeated deluxe Krabby Patties are soon replaced by Yummy Bunz, which were literally buns covered in grease. Plankton lays off patties and sticks it to grease being the only ingredient of the product and has extra flavor. The Crispity Crunchities attract customers in a crowd just like his other greasy products.
Mr. Krabs later uses Wow! Soup to take back success. This is actually just grease on a paper plate.
Crustless Krabby PattyAs the name suggests, this is a Krabby Patty with the crust on the buns removed. It appears in the episodes "Bubble Buddy" and "Krusty Towers." In both episodes, Squidward is forced to cut the crust off of the patty to satisfy two customers, Bubble Buddy and Patrick respectively.
The Flabby Patty is a variation created by SpongeBob in an attempt to make Mr. Krabs and Plankton work together in the episode "The Other Patty." The patty is supposedly delicious. The recipe is:
- Four pounds Grade-A Love
- One tablespoon listening
- Two tablespoons Understanding
- Mix ingredients
- Hold in Warm Heart
The Chopper Patty is a burger that appears in the episode "Born to Be Wild." It has mainly the usual fixings and toppings seen on any other Krabby Patty. The only difference is that the patty is shaped like a bicycle/motorcycle. This patty, however, is a bit smaller than a regular circular patty.
A Relish Patty is a Krabby Patty made with the gooey remains of the Jelliens and their leader in "Planet of the Jellyfish." The burgers look like regular Krabby Patties except they have special "freaky clone jelly relish" on them.
It makes lots of money for the Krusty Krab but apparently has a minor side effect of making whoever eats them dislike mayonnaise, similar to how the aforementioned aliens are destroyed by it and instinctively avoid it.
Bubble PattyAt the end of the episode, Mr. Krabs makes a new Krusty Krab called the Bubbly Krab at Bubbletown, and SpongeBob makes a new type of Krabby Patty called a Bubble Patty, which is basically a Krabby Patty made with bubbles instead of the usual ingredients.
Mr Krabs has a secret lab under from The Krusty Krab, Sandy makes a new Krabby Patty called a Secret Patty, which turns everyone in the Bikini Bottom into Krabby Patty Creatures, also known as Zombie Krabby Patties, they can also turn back into regular people after SpongeBob feeds the Krabby Patty Creatures with chum.
Emergency Krabby Patty
Emergency Krabby Patties are Krabby Patties packed in a can used for emergencies. In the episode "Yeti Krabs," SpongeBob uses the Emergency Krabby Patties in order to save himself, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs from the Yeti Krab, who is about to eat them after learning it is hungry for food, not for lazy employees which they all thought.
Krabby Patty in a Can
The Krabby Patty in a Can is a can filled with Krabby Patty ingredients that SpongeBob uses for his homemade Krabby Patties to serve to his new restaurant's customers in the episode "SpongeBob's Place."
The All-Bun Patty is a Krabby Patty with the patty replaced for a bun. It appears in the episode "Tutor Sauce," in which it is served to Blue Fred. SpongeBob makes it along with other bizarre patties out of sadness, due to him failing his boating test once again.
Patty is the Krabby Patty that SpongeBob falls in love within the episode "To Love a Patty." He loves her so much that he refuses to hang out with his friends, too interested in spending time with Patty.
Eventually, after a few hours pass, Patty starts to become spoiled. SpongeBob wants to go on a dinner date with her at the Krusty Krab, but Mr. Krabs informs him that because food is intended for consumption, SpongeBob cannot stay attached to Patty too long and has no other choice but to eat her.
SpongeBob does so at the end of the episode and Patty's spoiled state sickens him to his stomach.
The Foggy Patty is a moldy and bacteria-infected Krabby Patty that appears in the episode "Born Again Krabs." SpongeBob suggests throwing it away, due to its poisonous nature and it even barking at him. However, Mr. Krabs takes a bite of the patty, seeing no harm in it, and then becomes sick, being sent to the hospital afterward.
Paper Patties is a variant that appears only in the episode "Not Normal." After SpongeBob becomes normal, his fry cooking is replaced with office work. As such, he brings a printer to work, which produces the Paper Patties. The customers initially do not realize that the patties are made of paper, but once they do, they leave the restaurant.
The Nature Patty is invented by SpongeBob in the episode "Food Con Castaways" and consists of a Krabby Patty with organic ingredients replaced for the regular ingredients. They are similar to regular Krabby Patties but taste different and have all-natural ingredients.
SpongeBob makes these to help fuel up the crew after they get lost in the woods to keep them from eating the regular Krabby Patty saved for the Food Con. Squidward does not like then, nor does Mr. Krabs, and they both spit it out, but the mayor and Patrick, on the other hand, seem to enjoy it, considering that Patrick enjoys almost everything he eats.
- Patty Hype." They were much like ordinary Krabby Patties, except they came in many different colors. The Pretty Patty was originally an idea from SpongeBob as an attempt to attract new customers to the Krusty Krab in the episode "
At first, SpongeBob is ridiculed for this idea, and he temporarily leaves the Krusty Krab to pursue Pretty Patties as a personal business interest. As a result, Pretty Patties were never sold at the Krusty Krab restaurant. Regardless, SpongeBob instantly becomes successful after everyone in Bikini Bottom finds out how great they taste. This persuades Mr. Krabs to eventually take over SpongeBob's business so he can get all of the money.Unfortunately, the next day, it is revealed that the Pretty Patties have strange effects on whoever eats them. This leads to Mr. Krabs being run off by colorful people, and the Pretty Patties Store is shut down.
- episode of the same name, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs create the Nasty Patty in an attempt to prank the health inspector, believing that he was actually a criminal in disguise. The patty contains most regular ingredients but is also given Volcano Sauce, seahorse radish, toenail clippings, and was dropped in the toilet and dried out with an old gym sock. In the
- The Krusty Sponge," Mr. Krabs decides to turn the Krusty Krab into a SpongeBob-themed restaurant after food critic Gene Scallop makes a positive review about the fry cook. In "
Synthetic Krabby Patty
In "Selling Out," the Krabby O'Monday's use gray sludge to make Krabby Patties. These are called "Synthetic Krabby Patties." The "garbage" comes out of a pipe and onto a conveyor belt, where it is then shaped and spray-painted to look like an actual Krabby Patty.
When the customers realize what they are eating, they are disgusted and run out of the restaurant.
The Squid Patty is a Krabby Patty variation that SpongeBob makes in the episode "Code Yellow" by performing surgery on Squidward with his tool of choice, a spatula, and using Squidward's grotesque nose as one of the ingredients.
The Patty Pal is a toy that looks similar to a Krabby Patty in the episode, "Yours, Mine and Mine, except with pickles for eyes, ketchup for a smile and dimples, and small white bendy straws for arms and legs. It is also smaller than the regular Krabby Patty. It costs $13.00 and closely resembles the Pipsqueak Patty.
Krabby Patty with toenail clippings and nose hair
This is a gruesome Krabby Patty ordered by Squidward in the episode "Krusty Towers." Squidward wants Mr. Krabs to eat it, but he refuses. SpongeBob then tells Mr. Krabs that is not a Krabby Patty with cheese, toenail clippings, and nose hair, so Mr. Krabs eats it.
Unfortunately, there are toenail clippings and nose hair on the patty, as Mr. Krabs gets angry at SpongeBob, who then tells Mr. Krabs that they were all out of cheese, meaning it was a Krabby Patty without cheese, toenail clippings, and nose hair.
Aside from the addition of toenail clippings and nose hair, it looks like a normal Krabby Patty.
Squidward's Krabby Patty
In the episode "The Algae's Always Greener," in the alternate-universe Krusty Krab, Peterson Nat Tucker complains about his Krabby Patty made by Squidward. The patty contains a moldy patty, cheese, buns, hair, an eyeball, a sock, a plank of wood, nail pins, mushrooms, and is swarming with flies.
Plankton then calls Squidward out for his poor cooking.
When Plankton first looks at the Krabby Patty, he states that it looks like a normal Krabby Patty, because it did, until the scene changed and showed the moldy patty, cheese, buns, hair, eye, sock, wood, nails, mushrooms and flies.
Frozen Krabby Patty
In the episode "Goodbye, Krabby Patty?," Mr. Krabs makes an agreement with Don Grouper about making a convenient meal that he calls the "frozen Krabby Patty." Don suggests maximizing the profit by adding sand as filler, to which Mr. Krabs foolishly agrees, without realizing the truth behind the filler.Initially, it is a success, with everyone buying them from the supermarket and getting their convenience of not having to go to the Krusty Krab to get them. This, however, is later shown that the side effects of the filler are greatly enlarged buttocks.
Other restaurant variations
- Note: They are not to be confused with the Krusty Dog.
However, it turns out that Mister Weiner's customers loves the patties and even have a couple of thugs kidnap SpongeBob and force him to make more.
However, later, Noodleman fights for SpongeBob because his customers apparently like the patties.
- Pizza Piehole and a Krabby Patty bun in "SpongeBob You're Fired." Pizza Pete does not like it and fires SpongeBob. Note: They are not to be confused with the Krusty Krab pizza. The Pizza Patty is created when SpongeBob combined a pizza from
However, later, Pete fights for SpongeBob because his customers apparently like the patties.
- Taco Sombrero and a Krabby Patty bun in "SpongeBob You're Fired." Señor Taco likes it, but after his taste tester chomps the Burrito Patty, spraying its filling into the faces of two bystanders, he fires SpongeBob. The Burrito Patty is created when SpongeBob combines a burrito from
However, later, Taco fights for SpongeBob because his customers apparently like the patties.
- Mutiny on the Krusty" and the short "Krabby Patty Jingle." A customer wears it because he is bald. The Hatty Patty is a hat in Krabby Patty form that appears in the episode "
Briefy PattyThe Briefy Patty appears in the short "Krabby Patty Jingle." It is edible Krabby Patty underwear that is significantly bigger than a normal Krabby Patty.
Patty-Free PattyThe Patty-Free Patty is a Krabby Patty that is made of only two buns and has a fly inside. It appears in the short "Krabby Patty Jingle."
It is Mr. Krabs' favorite patty because it's made cheap.
The Rainbowger, also known as Rainbow patty is a Krabby Patty with a patty that has the colors of the rainbow. It appears in the short "Plankton's Color Nullifier." SpongeBob says it brings the world together.
Doodle Krabby Patty
Triple Krabby Patty with five scoops of ice cream
The Triple Krabby Patty with five scoops of ice cream is a Krabby Patty with scoops of lemon, mint, strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate ice cream. It appears in the episode "Drive Happy," in which it is used to interfere with Coupe's operation so that SpongeBob can free himself from the boat and get to work.
- The Night Patty." SpongeBob accidentally makes a batch of these after burning the normal Krabby Patties he put on the grill. Squidabeth feeds it to the customers during the night shift, and they enjoy it. The Night Patty is a Krabby Patty that is transparent and gray and appears in "
The Krabby Patty is known for being extremely unhealthy and fattening. Squidward refers to it as "a heart attack on a bun" in "Just One Bite." They can also have a dangerous and unfortunate side effect. When way too many Krabby Patties are eaten at one time, the consumer will become obese in the thigh area and explode. This happens to Squidward in the aforementioned "Just One Bite," when he breaks into the patty vault and eats too many Krabby Patties at once.
Its health hazards are also quickly shown in the feature film The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, in the introduction as a doctor states while Burger Beard the Pirate states that it is so unhealthy that a fish will be gone in a week due to eating too many Krabby Patties.
However, if one does not have a Krabby Patty after an extensive period, they will suffer from Krabby Patty withdrawal. If one does not eat a Krabby Patty during the withdrawal, they will mumble about it for the next three and a half minutes like Patrick does in "Pat No Pay." Krabby Patty withdrawal is due to thinking of the Krabby Patty, which causes severe stomach aches.
- They are SpongeBob's favorite food, as revealed in the episode "You Don't Know Sponge."
- They have the most appearances out of any food in the series.
- Krabby Patties are used as health units in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game.
- Krabby Patty is often misspelled on the Galley Grub as "Krabby Pattie." One example is in the episode "Pickles."
- When consumed, the body needs it to function properly.
- The price for a Krabby Patty changes constantly throughout the series. A notable price change is in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, where they rise to be over $99.
- In the episode "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful," SpongeBob is seen trying to follow the complete life cycle of a Krabby Patty: by making it and then throwing it and himself with it. He succeeds at doing this.
- In the Irish dubbed version of SpongeBob SquarePants that airs on TG4 in the Ireland, the Krabby Patty is called a "Krabby Burger" instead.
- It is shown in "Squirrel Record" that a Krabby Patty saved Sandy's life from raw chum because she was trying to make a record to eat raw chum and survive.
- In most season 1 episodes and several season 2 episodes, the Krabby Patty's sesame seeds are black instead of white. In most season 1 episodes, the buns are browner and less orange.
- In the Russian dub, Krabby Patties are called "Крабсбургеры," which translates to Krabby Burger. However, in season 1 it is called "Ленивая Пэтти," which translates to "Lazy Patty." On a few occasions, they are called "Крабовое Пате," which sounds much like "Krabby Patty" but actually translates as "Krabby Pate."
- The episode "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy" shows that a Krabby Patty has to be cooked at 274 degrees for 283 seconds. However, it has been shown that they can be made in large quantities in a shorter amount of time.
- It is revealed in the episode "Friend or Foe" that the creation of Krabby Patty is actually a mere luck by accident from the results of Mr. Krabs and Plankton breaking their friendship and becoming rivals, upon fighting over to revamp their earlier patty recipe, which ripped in half, whereas Krabs fell to nearby their old patty batter behind him, just the ingredients fell from above the batter, creating a great aroma and flavor of the patty. This accidental creation also makes Plankton directly responsible for the creation of the Krabby Patty too, unaware to him.
- Many times the closed captions misspell "Krabby Patty" as "Crabby Patty" or "Crabbie Pattie."
- In the Turkish dub, Krabby Patties are called "Yengeç Burger," which literally means "Crab Burger."
- Burger Beard the Pirate says that a Krabby Patty is so good everyone eats them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- In the Japanese dub of the show, the Krabby Patty is called the "Kani Burger." Kani is Japanese for "crab," which is why Mr. Krabs is called "Kani-san" in the dub.
- In the Bulgarian dub, it is called "ракбургер," which means "crab burger."
- The patty that Bubble Bass orders in "Pickles" is not actually what SpongeBob gave him. In real life, the burger would be much bigger and take much longer to prepare. If SpongeBob really filled the order, the sandwich would have been cold and soggy by the time it left the kitchen.
- There is a real-life candy called Giant Gummy Krabby Patties, which are based on the Krabby Patty from the show.
- In The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water it is revealed that without Krabby Patties, a disaster will occur.
- The Krabby Patty has been recreated on Binging with Babish.
- ^ a b https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1013073662226755585
- ^ "Neptune's Spatula." SpongeBob SquarePants. Nickelodeon. April 1, 2000. Television.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1086684012431663104
- ^ "Friend or Foe." SpongeBob SquarePants. Nickelodeon. April 13, 2007. Television.
- ^ "Pat No Pay." SpongeBob SquarePants. Nickelodeon. DATE. Television.
- ^ The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
- ^ https://www.amazon.com/SpongeBob-Squarepants-Giant-Krabby-Patties/dp/B000PJIGVG