The following convention discussion has been discussed and is now marked as resolved. The page has been protected and now serves as an archive. Do not edit this page.
Date Resolved: November 13, 2018
Result: No proposed changes; we will not proceed to voting.
This convention discussion concerns the following topic: "Policy reviews - Unprotection (2018)."
At the end of the page, you have "Create New Subtopic" button, which you can use to voice your concerns, comments, or questions about what the proposal. You can use the "Refresh This Discussion" button, which you can use to make sure that all changes are included to a page.
You can also add your comments to existing subtopics.
2. If there is any controversy over unprotecting a certain page, using this process would be a better way to discussion the issue, as outlined in this article.
3. Anyone can nominate a page (article, template, category, image, video, etc.) they feel should be unprotected.
1. Fill out the unprotection request including the reason the page should be unprotected and save the page to start an unprotection discussion. If no explanation is given after twenty-four (24) hours, it will be closed as invalid.
2. A discussion will occur, centered on that particular page.
3. Neutral votes do not count in the final tally for consensus (70%)
C. Closing discussions
1. Only administrators and assistants can close unprotection discussions.
2. If an unprotection discussion does not receive a consensus (70%) either way after one (1) month, the discussion can be closed as "no consensus" and the page is kept protected.