The following convention discussion has been discussed and is now marked as resolved. The page has been protected and now serves as an archive. Do not edit this page.
Date Resolved: January 8, 2019
Result: Rules should have been removed following a convention discussion, but the consensus will remain. Convention discussion no longer relevant and is now closed.
This convention discussion concerns the following topic: "Policy reviews - News team (2018)."
At the end of the page, you have "Create New Subtopic" button, which you can use to voice your concerns, comments, or questions about what the proposal. You can use the "Refresh This Discussion" button, which you can use to make sure that all changes are included to a page.
You can also add your comments to existing subtopics.
1. The ESB News Team is a group of users who create publications for the events of the SpongeBobia network.
B. Application process
1. To join, leave a message on the message wall of an editor or the head editor.
2. News Team Members will vote on the new user. For an application to pass, 70% must approve of the user joining.
3. The user will then be invited to our Skype group, where they will be assigned a role. They will also get a profile tag!
C. Special roles
1. Special roles are assigned to one person, usually to news team administration roles.
2. The head editors have the right to promote and demote users of the news team at will if the majority of them support the decision. The publisher counts as a head editor because of their abilities in the News Team. The current head editors are Nicko756, Alex.sapre, Rocky Lobster.
3. The publisher is the one who publishes the publications, as well as the ability to promote and demote users at will. They also can make sections, and declare sections as obsolete. They also can create and remove roles and move members around roles at all times. The publisher is Alex.sapre.
1. The roles of the news team are:
c. Technical helpers
e. Head editors
E. Termination process
1. A termination is when an editor is demoted from their position(s) on the News Team.
2. Users can be terminated by the publisher and head editors or a majority vote by the members.
3. A terminated member can not be added back to the News Team at all unless two head editors or a head editor and the publisher agree to let them back or if 90% of the members agree.
4. An immediate termination does not need a consensus. The Head Editor/publisher can dismiss someone if they feel necessary.
5. Immediate terminations are things such as:
a. Revealing private information
b. Blocked on ESB
d. Breaking ESB policies
e. Harassment and/or abuse towards other members
F. Sections. The following sections may be included in the news releases. Additional sections may be added later.
1. User right changes: This documents new requests, demotions, administration reviews, and user rights reviews .
2. Open proposals: A documentation of opened proposals.
3.Closed proposals: A documentation of closed proposals.
4.User/Article of the Month: Once a month, we will include a section for the user and article of the month if one is nominated, along with a link to the announcement thread about it.
5.News about the show: Current news around SpongeBob SquarePants.
6.Editorials: An opinion-based article.
7.Editor's notices: A notice at the end of a publication about important information from the publisher.
8.Unprotection and deletion requests
9. Open Convention topics: A documentation of recently opened convention topics or convention topics that have advanced a round.
10. Closed Convention topics.
1. We will release a publication every week, but we have different sets of issues.
2. Bi-weekly: Open/closed proposals, editorials, user rights changes, news about SpongeBob SquarePants, requests for unprotection/deletion, chat ban/block reviews, and the publisher's notices.
3. Monthly (First week of the month): All sections along with user of the month, article of the month, and birthdays added to the edition.