The following convention discussion has been discussed and is now marked as resolved. The page has been protected and now serves as an archive. Do not edit this page.
Date Resolved: January 2, 2018
Result: Moved to voting.
This convention discussion concerns the following topic: "Policy reviews - Hurt and Heals."
At the end of the page, you have "Create New Subtopic" button, which you can use to voice your concerns, comments, or questions about what the proposal. You can use the "Refresh This Discussion" button, which you can use to make sure that all changes are included to a page.
You can also add your comments to existing subtopics.
Have a happy discussion!
The topic is on the Hurt and Heals article of the ESB:Policies. Please also make note which polices you think should be part of the bylaws.
IX. Hurt and Heals
1. All Hurt and Heals must have under 85 contestants.
2. All Hurt and Heals must have proper formatting within 1 week after the game begins.
3. If a Hurt and Heal has less than 3 players per day after 1 month, it will be closed early.
4. A Hurt and Heal may only be continued on another thread by the creator of the thread if there are at least 3 players playing per day.
5. Hurt and Heals cannot have a longer vote span than 5 hours.
6. If a regular Hurt and Heal does not have one contestant eliminated within 1 week, it will be closed.
a. If the Hurt and Heal is in tournament format, it must progress to the first checkpoint within 10 days.
b. If the Hurt and Heal is a Hurt and Hurt, it must have one character eliminated within 3 weeks.
c. Boss battle Hurt and Heals do not have to follow this rule.
7. Discussion moderators and administrators may close Hurt and Heals for not being relevant to the wiki, SpongeBob SquarePants, or a topic more than 5 users are willing to participate in.
8. No Hurt and Heal may have contestants starting with more than 50 HP.
a. If the Hurt and Heal is a Hurt and Hurt, contestants may not start with more than 150 HP.
b. Boss battle Hurt and Heals do not have to follow this rule but cannot have a character reach over 1000 HP to win.
9. If the Hurt and Heal uses users, you must ask for permission before you use them in your Hurt and Heal or variation of Hurt and Heal.
Created subtopic: Proper location / designation for such rules
In my opinion, rules 7 and 9 should definitely be part of the bylaws. ESB is not a game wiki. It is a database on everything having to do with SpongeBob Squarepants. If there is a hurt and heal going on about something not relevant to SP SB, and less than 5 people are playing, there isn't much of a point to leave them open. Rule 9 should be obvious but it was not followed a while back. There were multiple complaints of people being added to user hurt and heals without permission. Forum game creators should not and do not have the right to include people who do not want to be included without even asking. The most expensive boss, Alex.sapre (talk) 14:32, November 18, 2017 (UTC)
I would even rather completely disallow the use of users in the games. If someone new comes to the wiki and sees that, they may be afraid of being added to such a list. And it doesn't have anything to do with SpongeBob. — AMK152 (Wall • Contrib) 02:37, November 20, 2017 (UTC)
People shouldn't be afraid of being added to a list. Now, there has been some changes to the way hurt and heals work due to a proposal in October. Now, it clearly states you have to get a users' permission before adding them to anything. I don't see anything wrong with it and it can be fun sometimes. In some cases, I agree with you as users become very jealous if they don't win a users hurt & heal. So, I seem neutral in this case. (Contact • Contrib) 02:50, November 20, 2017 (UTC)
Golf - the user is a female, and please do not call out specific users. DanzxvFan8275 (M•C•U•E) 21:32, November 22, 2017 (UTC)