After all concerns from concern stage of this discussion has been resolved and taken into account, proposal located in "Proposal" section above has been created and put to voting. To join the voting, you simply use buttons located in "Voting" section of this page and fill the resulting page.
Have a happy voting!
Here is some cleaning up of language of the contests policy.
1. Contests can be used to choose backgrounds, logos, or anything else requiring user submissions and votes.
2. Only administrators can open or close contests.
3. Contests must have at least a two week voting period; there may be some exceptions with some contests having a shorter voting period.
B. Background contests. Every decision about the current background of the wiki is determined by the outcome of background contests.
1. You are allowed toUsers may submit multiple backgrounds.
2. You are allowed toUsers may vote on yourtheir own submission.
3. All backgrounds must relate to SpongeBob SquarePants or they will be removed.
4. If you submit aThe winning background that wonfrom the previous year is not eligible, itand any such entry will be removed. You are allowed toUsers may submit backgrounds that did not win the previous year.
a. For Summer background contests, this rule does not apply. However, if a background from the previous year has placed in the same position as in the previous year, then it will be disqualified and the next position will be the winner of that placement.
5. You can make yourUsers may create their own background or adduse an image from the internet. While there is no size requirement, bigger is usually better.
6. When making an entry, please use the correct format. This format will be provided on the contest page. If you are unable to do so, ask for help or someone will fix the form for you. You will not be penalized for doing this incorrectly.
C. Decision process
1. At the beginning of the final week, the current standings will be addedcalculated in a table. It should be removed when the winner is announced.[unnecessary]
2. The ranking of a submission is determined by the difference of likes vs. dislikes. For example, if a submission has 4 likes and 3 dislikes, it has 1 point.
3. Tiebreakers will be determined by another contest page with the finalists, usually shortly before the background is set to go up.
4. When the winners are announced, it is common courtesy to givesend each of them a message telling them that they won.
Voting ends Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 8:00 a.m., eastern time. — AMK152 (Wall • Contrib) 12:54, December 4, 2018 (UTC)