|Manual of style|
This is a place to list block reviews.
NOTE: Block reviews were modified on May 17, 2021
Here is the new process, from the blocking policy:
Any user may appeal against their block or another user's block they deem unfair, to have the block removed. Initially, blocking disputes should be handled between the conflicting parties in an informal discussion. If the conflicting parties resolve the dispute, the dispute is over. If neither party agrees to a compromise, any user opposing the block must start a block review and follow the procedures outlined below.
If the time between when the block was applied and the block's expiry date is less than one year, only an internal review of the block within the administration can be conducted. A blocked user to whom that applies must first contact an ESB administrator on Community Central. The administration will conduct a vote over whether to overturn the block, with a majority of the participating administrators voting to overturn the block being required for it to be overturned. The record of the result of the vote must then be recorded in a table at ESB:Block reviews, with the numbered tally of the vote and a link to the blocked user's request for a review. If the block is not overturned, the blocked user cannot request another block review for two months.
If the time between when the block was applied and the block's expiry date is 1 year or longer, a formal block review involving a community vote must be created at ESB:Block reviews. These discussions last 7 days, and a minimum of 70% opposition to the block is required for the block to be overturned, not including neutrals. If the appeal fails, the block is not repealed. After one failed appeal, the blocked user must wait two months before creating another appeal. Any subsequent appeals after the second failed appeal cannot be created until six months after the creation of the previous appeal.
- 1. Replace USERNAME with the username of the blocked user in the box below. If you are making a second review, add "/2" after the username. If it is a third review, add "/3," etc.
- 2. Click "submit."
- 3. When you submit, fill out the information on the resulting page, then save the page.
- 4. Copy and paste the following under "reviews" of this page, replacing "USERNAME" with the username of the blocked user:
- Example: [[ESB:Block reviews/USERNAME]]
- 5. If this is a second review, add "/2" to the page name below:
- Example: [[ESB:Block reviews/USERNAME/2]]
- 6. For subsequent reviews, add "/3," "/4," "/5," etc.