Template:Infobox episode Characters:
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- Lary the Snail
- Rex the Worm
- Jerry the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles (statue only)
PlotSpongeBob introduces Gary to Patrick by playing tigi, and they decide to have a sleep-over together. The next morning, Gary doesn't want to leave Patrick, who concludes that Gary wants to be with him and claims him as his own pet. SpongeBob is heartbroken, and out of jealousy attempts to find a new pet to show to Gary that he doesn't need him. At first, he gets Rex, a worm, who immediately abandons him and leaves on a bus. Next, he gets Larry, a wild snail who acts viciously hostile toward him. Later, Patrick and Gary come to SpongeBob's house to do his laundry, and Gary crawls into the washing machine after Patrick's pants. SpongeBob inspects this and realizes that Gary only wanted the cookie in Patrick's pocket. As SpongeBob and Gary, now reunited, go outside for a walk, a heartbroken and defeated Patrick stares after them and shouts, "Gary? I thought what we had was special!" Patrick is heart broken
- The song used at the title card is called "Daytime Drama"
- This is the first time SpongeBob says "Gary the snail" to Gary in the series.
- When SpongeBob is thinking of the sleepover Patrick and Gary are having, Patrick audibly says "Blah blah blah" in the background.
- This is the first episode to show Patrick as the main antagonist.
- SpongeBob, in a throwaway joke, reveals that he has another pet snail, "Jerry", a photo-realistic land snail.
- When SpongeBob carries Gary away from Patrick, it zooms in on Gary, and his sleeve turns golden yellow.
- When SpongeBob gets Lary, he states that Gary's name "will not be mentioned in this household". Quickly after telling him this, SpongeBob mentions Gary's name.
- This is the tenth episode to have flowers in the title card background.
- This is the second time Gary the Snail stays with Patrick, the first being Home Sweet Pineapple.
- The title card resembles "Squid's Day Off" and "Sailor Mouth", but with yellow writing rather than pink.
- SpongeBob reminds Gary that he took care of him when his eyeballs were sore. Closed captions alternate between "sore" and "tore" in different airings.
- According to a SpongeBob Encyclopedia book in the pets section, it says Lary is the "pet from hell".
- This is the 12th time Squidward doesn't appear. (He is seen as a wood carving only.)
- When SpongeBob's alarm goes off, he doesn't press the button to make it stop, the alarm stops by itself.
- A smaller version of SpongeBob's wringer can be seen when Patrick is placing his basket of clothes on the table.
- When the time lapses from night to day right after the "sleepover", a human finger is visible in the water right below the island, this is because the island is in Tom Kenny's pool.
- It is unknown whatever happened to Lary the snail.
- In the beginning, SpongeBob is playing tag with Gary. When he runs up his house, an extra window is seen next to the upstairs window.
- By the end, it's revealed that Gary just wanted a cookie in Patrick's pants pocket all along. However, throughout the episode, Gary makes no effort to reach his pocket until the very end.
- Rex, SpongeBob's pet worm leaves on a bus. In early airings, this bus had obvious jellyfishers on it. By default, that makes this currently the final epsode to feature a bus full of jellyfishers.
- Lary made an appearance in Lights!Camera!Pants! as Sneaky Hermit's pet.
- 15th time Mr.Krabs doesn't appear.
- The face SpongeBob makes when he says "Who's a good boy?!" to Rex can be seen on various SpongeBob licensed products, including the newer packages of SpongeBob-shaped Kraft macaroni & cheese. It's accompanied by the slogan, "grin and square it!".
- Patrick: Wow Gary! A sleepover! Now we can stay up till late and watch scary movies, and eat popcorn, and play board games!
SpongeBob: Gee, Patrick sure is happy about this sleepover (while SpongeBob says this, Patrick repeatedly says, "blah blah blah blah") Patrick: And then we'll make a house of cards, and read comic books... SpongeBob: Okay, you two have a good time. I'll see you tomorrow. Patrick: Blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah...
- SpongeBob: Would you like Fresh Scent or Heavy Du...
Patrick: Here it comes. SpongeBob: Du.. Du...Du...(cries) DUTY!!!!! Gary, please come home! I'm a wreck without you!
- SpongeBob: Oh, Gary I knew you never leave me! Aww. Let's take a walk, pal.
Patrick: Gary? I thought what we had was SPECIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|