- French Narrator
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Mrs. Puff
- Abigail Marge
- Debbie Rechid
- Frankie Billy
- Jimmy Gus
- Miss Shell
- Monroe Timmy
- Nat Peterson
- DMV Award Giver (debut)
- Norma Rechid
- Gary the Snail
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Harold SquarePants
- Margaret SquarePants
- Officer John
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Nancy Suzy Fish (Green)
- Mother and Child on Poster
- Judge Sardine (debut)
- Bikini Bottom Prison Guard
SynopsisThe episode starts off with the narrator stating "It is a very special day in Bikini Bottom." The camera then shows SpongeBob and Patrick heading down to Mrs. Puff's Boating School. Once, they arrive at the entrance, Patrick says he brought SpongeBob's special learning cards that has everything he needs to pass the boating school test. However, Patrick then eats the cards and claims learning tastes good. Even though SpongeBob needed those learning cards, Patrick convinces SpongeBob that he is a winner. SpongeBob then claims he is a winner and takes his boating school driving test.
Unfortunately after one minute and thirty-seven seconds, SpongeBob fails the driving test for the 58th time. Patrick decides to take the test himself and passes with a perfect score, much to SpongeBob's surprise. They go to receive Patrick's license, but while his picture is being taken, an announcer comes out to reveal that he is the one millionth person to pass the test and that he has won a brand new hot red boatmobile. SpongeBob and Patrick drive home in Patrick's new boatmobile while he talks about how fun driving is, much to SpongeBob's disappointment. That night, Patrick is heard working on his boatmobile and comes to SpongeBob's door at 4 AM. SpongeBob tries to get some sleep, but is woken up the next minute by his alarm clock. SpongeBob, now very tired, tries to walk to work, but eventually gets a ride from Patrick, who rubs his license in SpongeBob's face and brags even more. When SpongeBob gets to work, he finds out that Mr. Krabs has chosen him to run the Krusty Krab's drive-thru and meets Patrick and his boat again.
At closing time, Patrick drives up, now wearing a racing outfit, claiming that he must keep up his image as an "expert driver." While driving around, Patrick rubs his license in SpongeBob's face even more, even stopping to talk to SpongeBob's parents about it. Patrick then starts driving above the speed limit and runs 3 red lights. SpongeBob finally snaps after Patrick literally rubs his license in SpongeBob's face and tears up Patrick's license. This gets the attention of the police and causes the police to chase after SpongeBob and Patrick, who eventually drive off of a cliff into the Bikini Bottom Jail yard. Patrick is tried, and found guilty of littering. However, SpongeBob takes the blame for Patrick and gets put in prison for 90 days. When SpongeBob is released, he gives Patrick a new license plate for his boatmobile, but Patrick reveals that he threw out the boatmobile because it stopped working when it got to "e." The episode ends with SpongeBob and Patrick pretending to play boats with SpongeBob riding on Patrick.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [SpongeBob going to boating school]
‣ Astronauts March - Sam Spence ["58 is your lucky number."]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [one minute, 37 seconds later]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Let's just go home, Patrick."]
‣ Romantic Ending [#31] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["No, Patrick, I've been training for years."]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [Patrick takes the boating test...]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [...and passes!]
‣ Marching to Honolulu - Kapono Beamer ["I've gotta get my picture taken for my new license!"]
‣ Star Prizes (a) - Tony Kinsey [Patrick wins a new boatmobile]
‣ La Cucaracha - horn
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick driving around his house]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Patrick working on his boatmobile at night]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Patrick drives SpongeBob to work]
‣ The Orkney Rope Waltz - Brian Peters [drive-thru]
‣ La Cucaracha - "The horn still works!"
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krusty Krab closed]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, since I'm now an expert driver, I have to keep up my image."]
‣ Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Boy, driving is so easy."]
‣ Andy Anorak - Chris Marshall [SpongeBob's parents]
‣ Trafficscape - Eric Winstone ["Let's see what this baby can do!"]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["It is my civic duty to report that the driver of this vehicle is speeding."]
‣ Screw on the Loose - Tony Lowry [Patrick runs three red lights]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tears up Patrick's license]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [cops chase them]
‣ People's Court - Alan Stanley Tew [Patrick sentenced to prison]
‣ O Makalapua (b) - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob admits he's the litterbug]
‣ People's Court - Alan Stanley Tew [SpongeBob locked up]
‣ Great Moments - Gregor F. Narholz [one debt to society later...]
‣ Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Season 4 Volume 2, Complete Fourth Season, First 100 Episodes, and SpongeBob and Friends: Patrick SquarePants DVDs.
- As of August 12, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.4/10 based on 138 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.5/10 based on 122 votes.
- The Bass Blaster 3000 boat Patrick won in this episode is also a driveable boat in the SpongeBob video game SpongeBob's Boating Bash.
- When Patrick plays his hotrod's horn, it's a parody of the Dukes Of Hazzard's "General Lee".
- Patrick weighs two ounces and it is revealed in earlier episodes SpongeBob weighs just one ounce.
- This episode furtherly expands how useless police are in the SpongeBob world, as they didn't arrest Patrick for breaking the law and only arrested him for littering.
- This is the second time the police called SpongeBob a "tattletale." The first time was in "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler."
- This is the first time a drive-thru is open in the Krusty Krab. The second is in "Drive Thru."
- This is the second time SpongeBob says that Patrick's innocent. The first was in "The Smoking Peanut."
- This is the second time Spongebob was fighting in Boating Car. The first one was in "No Free Rides."
- Although, people say there have been a Krusty Krab drive-thru in the pre-movie series before first movie so this is the first time it was involved in the plot. The episode "Drive Thru" would later make the Krusty Krab drive-thru involved for the entire plot.
- There won't be a Krusty Krab drive thru window until "Drive Thru."
- This episode confirms that Patrick is great at driving, unlike SpongeBob.
- When the guards take Patrick away, he says to SpongeBob, "Don't forget to feed Gary. Sometimes you forget to feed him," might be a reference to the episode "Have You Seen This Snail?."
- In Brazil, the title for this episode is called "License for Patrick."
- German Title: Eine Träne im Schlagloch. In English, this translates to "A Tear In The Pothole" is a pun on a German saying.
- In Greece, the episode is called Το δίπλωμα which means the diploma which is also a Greek word.
- This is the second time Patrick was in Mrs. Puff's class. The first was in "New Student Starfish."
- He is in his class again in "Oral Report."
- This episode was a new episode for Patrick for President, along with "Sing a Song of Patrick," "Waiting," The Gift of Gum," "Rule of Dumb," and "Rise and Shine."
- This is the third time SpongeBob gets arrested. The first time was in "Life of Crime" (but only for 3 seconds) and the second time was in "Party Pooper Pants."
- Patrick is later seen driving in "Slide Whistle Stooges" while SpongeBob warns Squidward to stop.
- This episode proves once again that Patrick knows the rules of the road. The other being "Boating School."
- When the announcer said that Bass Blaster 3000 is the ultimate boating machine, it's the allusion to BMW when it's called an ultimate driving machine.
- The Announcer for Patrick's new car says "Women will want you. And men will want to be you" This is a quote from Austin Powers.
- A Police Officer says "Oww, I got me a runner!" This line is from the science fiction movie Logan's Run, made by MGM.
- Patrick's horn plays the song La Cucaracha.
- It is unknown how SpongeBob would've gotten a license plate in jail.
- When Patrick tells SpongeBob his boat's needle was on "E," SpongeBob's pants had a darker color.
- Throughout the episode, the car slopes forward more and more.
- When a close up of Patrick's license comes up, after he tells Mr. and Mrs. SquarePants about it, his glove turns pink.
- When Patrick blows his horn the second time (when SpongeBob comes out of his house tired), the horn sounds completely different.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|